BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Also Amy Schumer needs to fucking go away.
Not only does she need to go away, she needs to be Stalin-style scrubbed from history. Delete her from every movie, every tv show, every interview, everything. Have other people talking to air followed by 30 seconds of silence before the first person talks again. That would be more enjoyable than seeing her stupid face and hearing her stupid voice.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Not only does she need to go away, she needs to be Stalin-style scrubbed from history. Delete her from every movie, every tv show, every interview, everything. Have other people talking to air followed by 30 seconds of silence before the first person talks again. That would be more enjoyable than seeing her stupid face and hearing her stupid voice.
Agreed.

The joke in the show is that she moved into Sting's old penthouse apartment. They could have chosen literally anybody else and I wouldn't have cared but no for some reason it had to be her. It's a pretty small role but you can tell it's part of her agent's plan to pivot her career yet again. The last episode I watched didn't even have her in it but they somehow managed to bring her up and remind the audience that she's in it and of how funny she is...

That seems to be her entire career. Hollywood continually trying to force her on the public and convince us that she's funny.

It's honestly pretty disgusting to even see her share the screen with Steve Martin and Martin Short.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Watched the first couple episodes of Only Murders in the Building S2. I think they're continuing the story well enough but it seems a little too self aware or something, feels a little off. Also Amy Schumer needs to fucking go away.
I havent finished the first season - but is she in the second? Because if so I will just stop at the first season.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I havent finished the first season - but is she in the second? Because if so I will just stop at the first season.
Yeah, she has a small role in season 2. It's not big enough to really hamper the show but still enough to make you go ugh... when she pops up.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Made it a whopping 5 minutes into the new Resident Evil series on Netflix. Absolute garbage.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
un-checked
I knew it would be terrible but I gave it a shot because Lance Reddick is in it but it's so incredibly stupid. The opening scene alone is so far beyond any semblance of logic. It looks cheap as hell too. I looked up some reviews after I turned it off and "confusing, stupid, mess" seems to be a common theme.

I just don't understand why they insist on making more RE stuff, shit the new reboot or whatever was apparently a total disaster and financial flop. They probably shouldn't have doubled down on that.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I knew it would be terrible but I gave it a shot because Lance Reddick is in it but it's so incredibly stupid. The opening scene alone is so far beyond any semblance of logic. It looks cheap as hell too. I looked up some reviews after I turned it off and "confusing, stupid, mess" seems to be a common theme.

I just don't understand why they insist on making more RE stuff, shit the new reboot or whatever was apparently a total disaster and financial flop. They probably shouldn't have doubled down on that.
$10 says it gets renewed for like 20 seasons by Netflix.

But the Dark Crystal gets shitcanned.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
So, Westworld Season 4 - I'm liking it so far, I appreciate how Joy and Nolan managed to streamline things back to a more comprehensible central conflict rather than fanning things out in all directions and going off the rails like they tended to do in the second and third seasons.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Figured I'd give What We Do In the Shadows one more chance, now I'm out. Not as bad as the first two episodes but still very below the series' previous baseline for quality. Feels like any other cheap bad sitcom now, pretty amazing drop in quality from its peak in seasons 1 and 2.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Figured I'd give What We Do In the Shadows one more chance, now I'm out. Not as bad as the first two episodes but still very below the series' previous baseline for quality. Feels like any other cheap bad sitcom now, pretty amazing drop in quality from its peak in seasons 1 and 2.
Yeah it's definitely not as clever as it used to be but I wouldn't say it as bad as regular sitcoms. Still it's a shame they couldn't keep it going and it's not like they don't still have a lot to work with. Collin Robinson being a baby/child could have been a goldmine but they've done nothing of value with it.

If you want something as good as the first couple seasons check out Our Flag Means Death.

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Umbrella academy s03 is markedly better than the shitshow season 2 was, but holy crap do the writers love spinning their wheels. Im one ep away from the season finale and the previous ep, which was- lets call it 50 minutes long - was 70% some bullshit wedding, 20% talking about stupid shit like the wedding, and 10% story progression.

After this season I'm out. I haven't read the comics they are based on so I dont know how accurate it is to the source material but fuck me this show jumped the shark in S01E01.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
A couple episodes into the doc series about Paul Newman and Jonanne Woodward on HBO Max and it's a pretty mixed bag. It's made by Ethan Hawke and he has well know actors and actresses do all the narration/voice work, it was made over quarantine so it's all obviously recorded at home with very little if any actual direction. Hawke is super enthusiastic about the project and tries desperately to get the audience along for the ride but it comes off as annoying fanboy fawning more than a serious documentary. It's definitely a passion project unfortunately that's to it's own detriment. He also constantly interrupts the flow of the the piece by jumping from archival footage and interviews to him at home talking to the people doing the voice work over Skype and interjecting a kind of starry eyed speculation about feelings and dreams that goes nowhere.

The one redeeming thing is that all of the narration is taken directly from extensive interviews that were done for a memoir on Newman that was destroyed before it was completed.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I watched The Outlaws on Amazon Prime because it had both Stephen Merchant and Christopher Walken.

It's a comedy about a group of disparate strangers who come together during forced community service due to their (minor) crimes. It delves in to what got normal people in trouble and attempts to show that despite people's flaws they all try to be good, even fi they struggle at times. It's a story about how people from different strokes can come together. On that note it kind of alternates from your typical comedy to sometimes a dark drama complete with robbery, a shooting, and some other precarious situations but I found that overall it works, though sometimes the move from comedy to drama was a bit jarring.

Not a bad show overall, only 6 episodes, with a plot device from S1 that look to go in to S2. Everyone gives a good performance except for the probation lady who oversees the characters. She's a bit much.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
X-Men the Animated Series is returning, picking up from where the original series left off in '97.

Magneto will be the leader of the X-Men with this lineup:
Cyclops
Wolverine
Gambit
Storm
Rogue
Beast
Jubilee
Jean Grey
Nightcrawler
Morph
Sunspot
Cable
Bishop
Forge

FYS4yaxUIAALbp1

FYS3OQQVsAAxdkE

FYS39qSWYAMNS8z

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Cool. I’m not subbing again to D+ until probably next year when Loki S2 or Mando S3 comes out.

How long until we get a sequel to “I’m the Juggernaut, bitch.”

In an earlier time “Shut the fuck up, Charles” made me giggle every time.

How did the respective studios fuck up X3 and Spider-Man 3 so bad?

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Isnt Morph dead tho?

Cool. I’m not subbing again to D+ until probably next year when Loki S2 or Mando S3 comes out.

How long until we get a sequel to “I’m the Juggernaut, bitch.”

In an earlier time “Shut the fuck up, Charles” made me giggle every time.

"Mah haaayllmett! I got that shit in thirdgrade-SHUTHTEFUCKUPCHAHLZ"

famicommander

15 Year Member
Isnt Morph dead tho?
No. His death was a fakeout. Eventually Mr Sinister got hold of him and implanted a secondary, evil personality. Morph eventually overcomes the evil side and is shown in the last shot of the original series with the others:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Spider-Man 3 was just barely worse than the first two. It's just that the first two are ridiculously overrated and have aged like milk. All three of those movies are completely unwatchable.

X3 sucked because it was directed by Brett Ratner and written by Zak Penn. The first two were directed by Bryan Singer and written mostly by David Hayter with Joss Whedon doing ghost re-writes. They brought Singer back for First Class and Days of Future Past, which were good, but then all of his abuse allegations caught up with him and he was a drunken disaster for Apocalypse. God damn Apocalypse sucked ass.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Didn't Singer do that Superman movie? The sequel to the Reeves superman film? That wasn't very good. As I recall cyclops was in it as well.