BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Binge watched season 1 of Power on Starz. Felt it was good enough to stump for here. It's about a NYC (the club is shot in the meatpacking district) drug dealer turned club owner, Ghost, who uses the club to wash his money. His best friend and partner is Tommy, who handles most of the dirty work. Why I think you'll like it: tits and violence. Ghost works with the Mexican cartel, and distributes to the fictional factions beneath him (soldados, serbians, tianos hermanos, RSK). Gang leaders start getting picked off by an assassin, and Ghost and Tommy are the main suspects.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Finally finished the Tiger King...I really have no idea what to make of any of that. If there's one thing I guess I can take from it, its that all of the top players are some serious scumbags...and in a huge way. There's no way we'll ever know the exact truth about Joe and who all was really involved in his murder for hire.

I feel bad for everyone caught in the wake of those horrible people, so many lives ruined.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I feel bad for everyone caught in the wake of those horrible people, so many lives ruined.

Can you imagine losing an arm at work and then going back to work a week later. Those people have nothing, it's sad.

I know a guy or three who have a very similar demeanor to Doc Antle. Very eccentric, intense and successful. I love how the people shooting the documentary trolled him by including the bits of him directing them.

How about the fact that Joe's two husbands were straight, but still 'married' him because of drugs and money.

And then you've got that bitch from Florida who makes viewers hate her on the level of Joffrey. Except Joffrey was fictional, and she's real.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
how much did it cost you to pet tigers or whatever in Asia? And what country.

Curious about the price delta.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
There's a million and one chuckle-worthy Tiger King memes - best I saw was this couple lying in bed. Man is looking anxious, woman is looking worried, they are in bed, backs to each other.

Woman thought bubble: I'm sure he's nervous, thinking about how to protect the family from Covid.
Man thought bubble: Are you kidding me? All this time I could have had a tiger for 2 grand?!

------

Finished Ozark S3. Someone earlier called it a mess. It definitely went all over the place with characters and alliances changing, but I imagine the norco world isn't a straight-line story; I found most of it at least plausible and really enjoyed it again.

Laura Linney is often very attractive, but the long pauses when she's speaking are really starting to drive me nuts - especially on the phone to Navarro. It doesn't fit the character they've designed for him. There is no way he's hanging on each heavy breath as she's building up to her next dramatic sentence. Of all the unlikely things, that is the unlikeliest.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I read somewhere that there is gonna be another ep of Tiger King this week or something. No idea if it's true.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
how much did it cost you to pet tigers or whatever in Asia? And what country.

Curious about the price delta.

I did a full-day tour from Bangkok. Got in a van with other tourists. Visited the Railroad of Death in Kanchanaburi (Bridge on the River Kwai), rode an elephant, visited a waterfall and the last thing was going to the Tiger Temple. All of that, which included everything (driving to the places, lunch, admission), was 500 Thai baht. I did it twice, in 2013 and 2014. 500 Thai baht in 2020 is $15.21. One of the best day trips in the world. If you want to see pictures, I'mma need attachment abilities, chief.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
There's a million and one chuckle-worthy Tiger King memes - best I saw was this couple lying in bed. Man is looking anxious, woman is looking worried, they are in bed, backs to each other.

Woman thought bubble: I'm sure he's nervous, thinking about how to protect the family from Covid.
Man thought bubble: Are you kidding me? All this time I could have had a tiger for 2 grand?!

------

Finished Ozark S3. Someone earlier called it a mess. It definitely went all over the place with characters and alliances changing, but I imagine the norco world isn't a straight-line story; I found most of it at least plausible and really enjoyed it again.

Laura Linney is often very attractive, but the long pauses when she's speaking are really starting to drive me nuts - especially on the phone to Navarro. It doesn't fit the character they've designed for him. There is no way he's hanging on each heavy breath as she's building up to her next dramatic sentence. Of all the unlikely things, that is the unlikeliest.

The closing scene to season 3 has got to be one of the greatest moves in series of the past few years. I fucking loved that. They done it right

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Finished The Outsider last night, ate up the last 3 episodes.
I had nightmares.
That's how great it was. Loved it.
One of the culminating scenes reminded me a lot of the best bit of Hold The Dark, but it didn't feel tacked on.
The series could be about anything with this cast and directing/photography and it would still be beau. Loved it. Characterisation was spot on

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I think I should have been a travel agent. I really enjoy talking about the logistics of traveling and information of the sights (sites). I don't want it to come off as humblebragging, I truly do enjoy it. I have made lots of entries on wikipedia with cities that had no information before. So much cool shit to see in this world.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Can you imagine losing an arm at work and then going back to work a week later. Those people have nothing, it's sad.

I know a guy or three who have a very similar demeanor to Doc Antle. Very eccentric, intense and successful. I love how the people shooting the documentary trolled him by including the bits of him directing them.

How about the fact that Joe's two husbands were straight, but still 'married' him because of drugs and money.

And then you've got that bitch from Florida who makes viewers hate her on the level of Joffrey. Except Joffrey was fictional, and she's real.

I hope it ends poorly for many people on the show, especially that jeff Lowe scumbag. That guy seems like a horrible person. Carole Baskin also seems like a miserable cunt, but she's on the right side of the wrong side...no one will touch her.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Everything you post makes me question what I should post. At this point I think not posting at all would be the best thing to do.

Marek

Banned
Ive been watching all these Netflulu docuseries

The Devil Next Door - fascinating doc about John Demjanjuk, auto worker from Cleveland who was accused of being a Red Army POW turned SS trooper. The main guard of the Treblinka gas chambers no less. Really wild story with what was called a show trial in Israel. I'd keep going but dont want to ruin anything.

Surviving R Kelly - mind blowing. Its just so much worse than you can imagine. Also some of these parents should be sterilized. What they did was every bit as fucked as the parents who semt their kids to Neverland Ranch in the 90s.

Tiger King - So dank. The Sheriff in whatever county Florida is soliciting tips about carol's husband's dissappearence! I hope all three anti-heros in that movie get fucked by the long dick of the law. I loathe them all in their own unique way.

Last edited:

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Everything you post makes me question what I should post. At this point I think not posting at all would be the best thing to do.

Let's not go there yet.

I like your travel stories. I also agree the verbal description is often better than the pic. People give you a hard time about the China/Asia stuff sometimes, but I think most of it is in jest. You're living a life mostly without constraints - the things you'll see and have seen are interesting to us. I wouldn't trade places with you, but I definitely think you have some days that are better than my days and that's pretty great. If we all did the same things what a boring world this would be!

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Westworld is being really awesome. I hope it doesn't disappoint me like Man in the High Castle.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

You should question this post and stop acting like Tiger King Wasabi's husband.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
You should question this post and stop acting like Tiger King Wasabi's husband.

Do you like the little ones, or the big ones? You ain't entirely straight then, are ya?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Started Tale from the Loop on Amazon last night...not sure what to make of this one just yet.

There's a stupid trend in television where they'll be completely abstract and distant with the actual plot line for way to long. I started watching Dark on Netflix and it was this way, it just keeps hinting at something episode after episode and got on my nerves to the point where I just stopped watching it. Perhaps bullshit shows like Lost took their toll on me, but I'm not going to sit in complete confusion for hours at a time hoping for some stupid payoff in the end.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I never watched Lost but easily can now. Is it worth watching? Eager for opinions. I remember it being huge when I was in high school but I just never cared about it.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I never watched Lost but easily can now. Is it worth watching? Eager for opinions. I remember it being huge when I was in high school but I just never cared about it.
I'll say this.

LOST has one good season. The first one. Then it goes to shit.

But I will admit that my opinion is based on watching it weekly for 6 seasons. If it's bingeable, then maybe it won't be so bad.

BUT.... That shows ending is absolute fucking garbage. No real questions answered. It is one of the worst finales of any show ever in the history of television. Worse than Sam Beckett never coming home. Worse than Sam Malone walking to the back of the bar. Worse than ALF getting experimented on by the government.

EDIT: WORSE THAN GAME OF THRONES' ENDING.

LOST's ending fucking SUCKED.

Last edited: