BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Mandalorian season 2 should be awesome.

Boba Fett is confirmed, to be played by Temuera Morrison (the same actor who played Jango Fett in Attack of the Clones). Fitting, as the entire concept of Mandalorians exists only because people thought Boba's armor was rad as fuck.

And Rosario Dawson has been cast as Ahsoka Tano. She will presumably be helping with the force sensitive yoda baby.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Christ the new Penny Dreadful series is unwatchable. Shame, the first was excellent.

I'm not all in on the new season of PD, but I do think Natalie Dormer takes over the screen in every scene. She belongs in the PD universe, but the show feels like it's ultimately pushing gay agenda (the pachucos, the judge), and there's now a question of if Molly was prostituted by her mom. I don't want to watch gay scenes so I just leave and come back when it's over. Same for the pedo stuff. I don't need that in my head. Who are they writing that shit for? If it gets more gay, I will probably drop the show.

I started watching Yellowstone, and the production value is great. Feels like an AMC series.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Haven't seen the second season, but imo they already started pushing the gay/tranny agenda in the first season with Dorian Gray and the thing which was his boy/girlfriend.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Haven't seen the second season, but imo they already started pushing the gay/tranny agenda in the first season with Dorian Gray and the thing which was his boy/girlfriend.

Yeah, but DG makes sense as a pan sexual. He's an Oscar Wilde creation, for one, and is described in the book as a fop. In the current season of PD, homosexualism feels shoehorned into the narrative, and often tied to moral deviancy (like the judge at the public bathroom, or the relation of the youngest brother and the pachuco.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Mandalorian season 2 is still piling up more guest stars from the franchise. So far:
Temuera Morrison as Boba Fett
Rosario Dawson Ahsoka Tano (Clone Wars)
Sabine Wren (Rebels)
Katee Sackoff as Bo-Katan Krynze (Clone Wars)

Sabine Wren hasn't been cast yet. She was a main character on Rebels and she's a Mandalorian, so it makes sense she'd appear on the show. Voiced by Tiya Sicar.

Sackoff is playing Bo-Katan in live action for the first time but she already voiced the character in 9 episodes of Clone Wars and 2 episodes of Rebels

Morrison played Boba's father in Attack of the Clones, so it makes sense he'd play adult Boba since Boba is a clone. He is also rumored to be playing Captain Rex.

It sounds like Ahsoka, Sabine, and Rex will all appear together and possibly set up a spin off of their own. The last episode of Rebels sees Ahsoka and Sabine leave on a mission to find the missing Jedi Ezra Bridger, so they could easily pick up that plot thread.

Ahsoka was voiced by Ashley Eckstein but is being replaced by Dawson. She'll probably be on the show to provide Mando some guidance about the force sensitive Yoda baby.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Anyone looking for something light and fun should give This Much I Know Is True a shot.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Solar Opposites - this comes from Justin Roiland and the animation team behind Rick and Morty. It's not Rick and Morty, but it's really hard to judge it on its own because the animation style is the exact same, as well as the Roiland voices. The show ultimately is unremarkable. Perhaps the best thing about the show is not about the main story at all, but a season long B-plot: one of the main characters shrinks and kidnaps humans and puts them in some kind of ant farm home. Throughout the season, some scenes show how those shrunken humans have created their own society in this place. It's reminiscent of American Dad and its Golden Turd Saga, having a completely different and unrelated story happening alongside the main show.

Anyways, overall, the first season has 8 episodes. Like I said unremarkable but good enough to watch at night with nothing else to do. It's on Hulu.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Solar Opposites - this comes from Justin Roiland and the animation team behind Rick and Morty. It's not Rick and Morty, but it's really hard to judge it on its own because the animation style is the exact same, as well as the Roiland voices. The show ultimately is unremarkable. Perhaps the best thing about the show is not about the main story at all, but a season long B-plot: one of the main characters shrinks and kidnaps humans and puts them in some kind of ant farm home. Throughout the season, some scenes show how those shrunken humans have created their own society in this place. It's reminiscent of American Dad and its Golden Turd Saga, having a completely different and unrelated story happening alongside the main show.

Anyways, overall, the first season has 8 episodes. Like I said unremarkable but good enough to watch at night with nothing else to do. It's on Hulu.

so on the binary scale, it's a 1.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Anyone looking for something light and fun should give This Much I Know Is True a shot.

Yeah, totally. It's just as funny as Arrested Development.

Snowpiercer was beyond heavy-handed but at least it was briskly paced and had a bit of production value.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

I have to agree that the main plot isn't all the interesting, but all the side plots are engaging. However, I think that may be intentional. I did enjoy it much more than something like Disenchantment. I struggled through Disenchantment hoping it would get better, and it never did. I didn't chuckle once. Solar Opposites has quite a few laughs. That last episode in the wall was damn near perfect. I had to pause at a certain moment as it was too much.

I just started American Gods. For some reason i completely missed this one. It's starting slow, but I'm enjoying trying to figure out all the players.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I think Solar Opposites might be better than R&M.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I think Solar Opposites might be better than R&M.

It's the characters that don't do it for me. This 4th season of R&M has been pretty underwhelming as well, and I wonder if it's partly due to Solar Opposites by spreading themselves too thin.

famicommander

15 Year Member
What the animated sitcom world really needs is a new Mike Judge show.

King of the Hill and Beavis and Butt-Head are top tier.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
In general, I hate the idea of a flash forward in a series to get a look of 'where are they now?', but I think a KOTH episode set in the present with an older cast would be amazing.

famicommander

15 Year Member
In general, I hate the idea of a flash forward in a series to get a look of 'where are they now?', but I think a KOTH episode set in the present with an older cast would be amazing.

The problem there is
Brittany Murphy, voice of LuAnne, died in 2007
Tom Petty, voice of Lucky, died in 2017
Cotton Hill's character was killed off in season 12, episode 5
Dennis Burkley, voice of Principal Carl Moss, died in 2013
Officer Brown was voiced by Fred Willard

That's a pretty big chunk of the supporting cast gone. They could do without Officer Brown and Principal Moss but LuAnne, Lucky, and Cotton being gone makes me want them to just leave it alone.

The Beavis and Butt-Head revival was pretty damn good. Shame it only lasted one season. That show has the advantage of nearly every major character being voiced by Judge himself (Beavis, Butthead, Tom Anderson, Coach Buzzcut, Mr Van Driessen, Principal McVicker, Burger World Manager, Stewart, Stewart's dad... pretty much every male character except Todd).

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Harley Quinn - this cartoon is an X-rated version of the first season of Venture Bros. Very fast-paced, very 2020. If pirating isn't a huge hassle, go for it and at least check out the first episode.

The second season is out and (thankfully) isn't being released all at once a la Netflix. This is probably the best thing DC has put out since Justice League Unlimited over 15 years ago. I don't know why, but it gives me Daria vibes? Mixed in with Venture Bros making fun of the genre. I guess people are calling this 'woke' because a recent episode made fun of nerds saying just that, but it really isn't. It's nothing at all like girl power bullshit, it feels grounded and fresh. Awesome show and I hope it gets a few more seasons (big name villains have been killed left and right in season 2). I guess it's on DC's streaming service, but I'm just watching it on some Chinese site. It deserves a wider audience, like the 12AM adult swim time slot.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Meh, just say Luanne and Lucky moved away and settle down somewhere else. Principal Moss was a principal of a middle school, no need to see him in a place where Bobby's in high school or graduated. I thought about Officer Brown too because of Fred. I just want to see the characters again, how Hank's pre-Fox News conservatism would clash with Republicans in 2020, how retarded would Dale's new conspiracies be, has Bill killed himself yet, etc. KOTH is one of the all-time greats that went way over people's heads despite having something like 13 seasons.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Yeah, totally. It's just as funny as Arrested Development.

Snowpiercer was beyond heavy-handed but at least it was briskly paced and had a bit of production value.

LOL AD is easily the best point of comparison, no doubt. Very similar in wit and general vibes.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Meh, just say Luanne and Lucky moved away and settle down somewhere else. Principal Moss was a principal of a middle school, no need to see him in a place where Bobby's in high school or graduated. I thought about Officer Brown too because of Fred. I just want to see the characters again, how Hank's pre-Fox News conservatism would clash with Republicans in 2020, how retarded would Dale's new conspiracies be, has Bill killed himself yet, etc. KOTH is one of the all-time greats that went way over people's heads despite having something like 13 seasons.

Moss wasn't just the principal, he was also a former friend/classmate of Hank and the gang, and there are some episodes where that comes into play like when he becomes Bill's roommate. I agree the show could easily survive without him but he was probably in the top 10 minor characters..

I'm a huge fan of the show too and I was super bummed when it was cancelled, but without Lucky and LuAnne it wouldn't be the same.

I thought it was a big mistake to kill off Cotton, too. I understand why he did it with his background being so rooted in WWII, but he brought so much to the show and the last couple seasons really missed him.

Bob's Burgers is about the closest thing to it on TV right now. One of the producers is Jim Dautrieve, Mike Judge's co-producer on King of the Hill (and Bill's namesake).

Fox has had some real misses with their other recent animated sitcoms though:
Allen Gregory
The Cleveland Show
Bless the Harts
Napoleon Dynamite
Sit Down, Shut Up
Duncanville
Bordertown
Son of Zorn

All hot garbage.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Moss wasn't just the principal, he was also a former friend/classmate of Hank and the gang, and there are some episodes where that comes into play like when he becomes Bill's roommate. I agree the show could easily survive without him but he was probably in the top 10 minor characters..

I'm a huge fan of the show too and I was super bummed when it was cancelled, but without Lucky and LuAnne it wouldn't be the same.

I thought it was a big mistake to kill off Cotton, too. I understand why he did it with his background being so rooted in WWII, but he brought so much to the show and the last couple seasons really missed him.

Bob's Burgers is about the closest thing to it on TV right now. One of the producers is Jim Dautrieve, Mike Judge's co-producer on King of the Hill (and Bill's namesake).

Fox has had some real misses with their other recent animated sitcoms though:
Allen Gregory
The Cleveland Show
Bless the Harts
Napoleon Dynamite
Sit Down, Shut Up
Duncanville
Bordertown
Son of Zorn

All hot garbage.
Um son of Zorn was hilarious man. Tim Meadows is brilliant in it, and I'm not even a tim Meadows fan.

Artemis Pebdani as his boss, and Mark Prokcsh is great (as always).

It was a stupid premise that didn't take itself too seriously.

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Solar Opposites - this comes from Justin Roiland and the animation team behind Rick and Morty. It's not Rick and Morty, but it's really hard to judge it on its own because the animation style is the exact same, as well as the Roiland voices. The show ultimately is unremarkable. Perhaps the best thing about the show is not about the main story at all, but a season long B-plot: one of the main characters shrinks and kidnaps humans and puts them in some kind of ant farm home.

I binged the whole thing at work last week. Gotta say, the wall people subplot is the best thing about this show. Thoroughly entertaining stuff. The rest is kinda ho-hum.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Oh shit, it's the tryhard noob of 2014, MidnightMonkey. Where the fuck you been bro