BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
This post made me lmbo in real life.
Why's that? Its true as far as importance goes.

The 'best' thing is definitely personal preference, but as far as MCU continuity goes, Loki and Wandavision are required reading if you want to know/understand what's gonna happen after Spider-man: No Way Home and Doctor Strange 2. Wandavision is said to essentially lead into Strange 2.

If you havent watched Wandavision because of the dreadful first 3 episodes, I do_not blame you. I almost gave up on that because they are annoying. But by the end of the show, the first 3 eps and their format makes more sense. But the show, along with Loki are major turning points in the MCU canon.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
It think it's because you used the word "importance" in regards to a comic book TV series. Which is like the least important thing ever.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I was referring to the importance to the MCU canon, I thought that was clear.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Long Strange Trip- 6 part doc about the Grateful Dead. Extremely well produced and fairly engaging and that's coming from someone who despises TGD. Important or not they represent a huge part of the 60s counter culture that manages to check off just about every box on my list of shit that sucks. Probably won't make it through all 6 episodes but at least it's well made.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Finished watching Hawkeye.

I'd call it the best thing to come out of the post-Endgame MCU (still need to see the new Spidey and Loki, though). Definitely much better than Black Widow, Shang Chi, Wanda Vision, Falcon and Winter Soldier, etc.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Finished watching Hawkeye.

I'd call it the best thing to come out of the post-Endgame MCU (still need to see the new Spidey and Loki, though). Definitely much better than Black Widow, Shang Chi, Wanda Vision, Falcon and Winter Soldier, etc.
Nope.

Loki and Wandavision are better.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
The Expanse is borderline unwatchable at this point. Every character and every decision they make is infuriating and the main bad guy is just shockingly over played It almost feels like a lot of the reactions from his crew are genuine because they are so in shock from his "acting". His son is pretty close to that level as well, everything about the show is just awful now. It was already headed in this direction but damn 3 episodes into this season and it's clear they've forgotten everything that ever made the show engaging.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
About halfway through S4 of Cobra Kai, I somehow had managed to forget how good this show is. Macchio still can't act for shit but at least he has fantastic chemistry with William Zabka, their scenes are just fun as hell.

The fragile alliance between the schools is interesting, but the drama with the ladies is by far the best storyline on the show. I'm still pretty confident that the final match/fight will be
Spoiler:
Sam vs. Tori
, but at this point I have enough faith in the writers to assume that they'll also do right by Robbie, Miguel, and Hawk.

edit: re: Hawk- that kid done hit a growth spurt or something, he's taller than Zabka now.

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I watched both of the Crime Scene mini series on Netflix.

Cecil Hotel- Which covers the death of Elisa Lam who was found dead on the roof of said hotel in a water tank. This one is drawn out sensationalist garbage. Four episodes to cover what could have been easily covered in two. Tons of internet "detective" speculation that of course turned out to be totally off the mark. Explanations ranged from she was simply murdered and dumped there to "the government purposefully infected her with tuberculosis and dumped her body in the water supply to kill off the local homeless population". The answer is that she went off her meds, had an episode which apparently led her to hide up there where she accidentally drowned.

This one reminds me why I rarely watch these true crime docs.

Torso Killer- This was much better and a lot less sensationalized which is actually surprising because of how fucked up it is. Two female human toros both missing their hands and head were found in a hotel near Times Square. The guy is eventually arrested in NJ for another murder which then ties several others together. After 30 years in jail with no statements or interviews he decides to finally speak and says he killed at least 85 women over something like 20 years which of course potentially reopens a whole bunch of cold cases.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The Expanse is borderline unwatchable at this point. Every character and every decision they make is infuriating and the main bad guy is just shockingly over played It almost feels like a lot of the reactions from his crew are genuine because they are so in shock from his "acting". His son is pretty close to that level as well, everything about the show is just awful now. It was already headed in this direction but damn 3 episodes into this season and it's clear they've forgotten everything that ever made the show engaging.

I have no one here to talk about Expanse, so i was curious how others were receiving it. It's turned into a political snore fest. Bring back the proto-molecule and all that weirdness. This space cold war is such nonsense.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I have no one here to talk about Expanse, so i was curious how others were receiving it. It's turned into a political snore fest. Bring back the proto-molecule and all that weirdness. This space cold war is such nonsense.
I stopped watching in season... 4? The one where they get to the planet on the other side of the portal thing, and they find that huge 'building' thing. I got bored there :/

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

Marco is a villain who has overstayed his welcome in the series. He’s pretty one dimensional. My money is that he gets killed by Camina. Because Camina is a boss ass boss and I love her character :emb:

I’m really not interested in Phillips’s character arc either.

We have not got to see enough about the Martian traitor Fleet and what proto-molecule madness they’re up to.

I guess Marco and the Free Navy are the obstacle to us seeing what goes on there? Unless the threat is so great even the free navy has to fight it?

Meh. We are on episode what, 4 and there are only 2 eps left?

Anyone read the books?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I finally got around to watching the Marvel stuff on D+ and I have to stay it’s all really good.

I’m an MCU fanboi :emb: so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

I’m looking forward to Loki season 2 and I think all the other shows make sense as a limited run series.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Camina is easily the best character on the show, that actress is fantastic and I'd let her do horrible things to me.

Landscapers- This is a weird one, in a good way. It's based on the story of a married couple from England that were convicted of murder in 2014. In 1998 they killed the wife's mother and father, buried them in the backyard and then moved to Paris. The first episode wasn't all that engaging but it picks up pretty quickly, the way it blends reality, the story and the making of the show is like nothing I've ever seen before. Some really impressive cinematography and surrealism on display. Recommended.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I really liked Fred Johnson also. Dudes a great actor and have enjoyed his work since I first saw him as one of the best characters in The Wire.

Is it me or did the main guy look like he lost a lot of weight? Dude looks gaunt like he is dying.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I really liked Fred Johnson also. Dudes a great actor and have enjoyed his work since I first saw him as one of the best characters in The Wire.

Is it me or did the main guy look like he lost a lot of weight? Dude looks gaunt like he is dying.
Fred was good and so was David Strathairn but of course they both got killed off. At least Strathairn dying let Camina have a much larger role.

Main dude definitely looks ill. Clothes just hanging off of him.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Finally got around to watching the last season of Lucifer.

Finale sucked.

Spoiler:

They went with a dumbass timeloop where Lucifer has to go back to hell and abandon earth, waiting until Chloe dies to see her again.

Lucifer has an emotional goodbye with every relevant character EXCEPT Trixie, and then Trixie herself isn't present when they flash forward to Chloe's death. This season made up a new daughter for Lucifer a few episodes before the finale and cast aside the daughter he spent six seasons bonding with. Really weird choice.

They also have Dan's ghost possess the guy who murdered him to have a final chat with Trixie, which is really weird, because you'd think Trixie would recognize the guy who was on the news for murdering her dad and then escaping prison.

The reasoning Lucifer has for going back to hell makes sense, but he literally suggests that he could still come back to earth to visit and his daughter makes him promise not to, for absolutely no good reason other than to keep their timeloop intact.

One scene that was pretty satisfying was Ella getting drunk and calling everyone out for making her the only main character that wasn't "in the know" about celestials on earth even though she's the only one who believed in them before the series started.

Amenadiel gets to be god, which is fine, but last season ended with a gigantic angel war wherein a ton of Lucifer and Amenadiel's siblings actually died in order to win the throne for Lucifer, and then this season he just decides he doesn't want it.

Lucifer ends up being a therapist in hell, helping the damned eventually process their guilt and get into heaven. That's a fine ending for him, but they don't do a good job of selling why he has to abandon his family on earth to accomplish this.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Finished Cobra Kai S4 -
Spoiler:
loved Hawk and Tory winning, sets up S4 just right, which I assume will be it. Sam vs Tory is still the real kids' fight, Daniel/Johnny/Kreese vs Terry will finally be the real main event.

Okay I get it show is slow to show its hand but just make Terry the proper bad guy yeeeesh.

Edit: actor who plays Terry is really fucking good, dude runs laps around Kove. Great addition to the show, much to my surprise.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Finished Cobra Kai S4 -
Spoiler:
loved Hawk and Tory winning, sets up S4 just right, which I assume will be it. Sam vs Tory is still the real kids' fight, Daniel/Johnny/Kreese vs Terry will finally be the real main event.

Okay I get it show is slow to show its hand but just make Terry the proper bad guy yeeeesh.

Edit: actor who plays Terry is really fucking good, dude runs laps around Kove. Great addition to the show, much to my surprise.
There was a point in the tournament with Kreese looking at Terry then the kids then back to Terry that I thought Kreese was about to hoist Terry over his head and throw him into a chasm while Terry zapped him with lightning.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Righteous Gemstones is off to a good start in S2 , I did not see that coming in the second episode at all. Jesse's conversation with his younger son in the first ep was completely hilarious. I guess it was the longer than usual layoff, but I'd somehow forgotten just how good the show can be.

Station Eleven is doing nothing for me. Made it through the first two episodes of it and I have no desire to watch any more of it.

Gonna have to check out Peacemaker tonight, sounds like Gunn is going all-in on the same vibe from the movie, though that could get old if he's not careful.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I watched the first couple episodes of Peacemaker. It's pretty funny so far. There are post-credits scenes on them so be sure to check those out.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
So Death Stranding is what you get when Kojima's allowed to do WTF he wants, then Peacemaker's the same for Gunn more or less.

Cena's really good, he's passed Dwayne Johnson and gaining a bit on Dave Batista for overall best wrestler-turned-actor IMO, show's pretty damn good if a little much at times. Intro sequence beats out Westworld and X-Files for my favorite ever.