BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
So Death Stranding is what you get when Kojima's allowed to do WTF he wants, then Peacemaker's the same for Gunn more or less.

Cena's really good, he's passed Dwayne Johnson and gaining a bit on Dave Batista for overall best wrestler-turned-actor IMO, show's pretty damn good if a little much at times. Intro sequence beats out Westworld and X-Files for my favorite ever.
Watched the first episode of Peacekeeper last night. I like Gunn's stuff, (even pre-Guardians) but I didn't think a show was gonna work, or that it was gonna be that great. I gotta say that first ep was fantastic. Cena's character is just as goofy as in the flick, but almost more sad because of how the rest of his life is. But that adds to the comedy, I think

Also, Eagley for best animal sidekick of all time? Yeah.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Two episodes into Peacemaker and I like it, it's definitely a James Gunn project lol. Don't know how I feel about all the side characters yet though, seems like too many. Also the dialogue is a bit much, kind of a throw everything at the wall and see what sticks mentality. I dunno the whole tone of the show seems a bit off. There's a lot to like so far though.

I really appreciate John Cena taking a different lane than The Rock. He's not just cashing checks and doing safe, dumb bullshit. He's really going for it. You definitely wouldn't catch Dwayne turbo fucking that bar skank, singing karaoke into a vibrator and smoking weed after an MMF threesome lol. Sure he did some shit in Pain and Gain but not like this and definitely not now.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
So anyone finish expanse? I mean an alright resolution I guess, bit disappointing overall.

This was the final season?

Meh.

Why even show us what was happening on Laconia?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yellowjackets
Lord of the Flies, but with a women's soccer team. The first season does a good job of making it about much more than living in the wilderness. Curious to see where this goes. Great acting by the children as well. They all sound and move just like the adult counterparts.

Like many shows, the pacing is a bit slow. Lots of back and forth between timelines.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Archive 81 on Netflix is very good so far.

I didn't like how Dexter: New Blood ended at all. I suppose it was a better conclusion than the original finale but seemed like another lazy copout by the writers.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I also enjoyed the two episodes of Peacekeeper that I watched. I'll watch the 3rd tonight.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
So anyone finish expanse? I mean an alright resolution I guess, bit disappointing overall.

Meh.

I'm 2 episodes behind, I'll finish it but I'm not in any hurry as it's strayed so far from what made the show enjoyable. Honestly unless they can't get back to the proto-molecule/ring and away from the petty political BS I don't care if it gets another season.

The parts with that horrible little girl in the woods, the only actual sci-fi stuff this season were by the worst thing in the entire series. If it wasn't for Camina, some occasional ship on ship combat and hoping to see the Marine woman use her suit I would't have bothered watching this far and every episode for the last couple seasons feels like I'm getting tricked into staying with it.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The series is over. As I understand it the show ends similarly to how the 6th book in the series ends and the following book takes place 30 years later.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Mike Judge has confirmed plans to revive King of the Hill.

The most obvious question is what to do about Luanne and Lucky, voiced by the late Brittany Murphy and Tom Petty, respectively. And of course Cotton (the character) is also dead, plus the voice actors for minor characters Principal Moss and Officer Brown.

I'm going to guess that they age the characters up 10 years or so. I guess maybe Lucky and Luanne died in a car wreck or something?

Then you can have Hank and Peggy raising their daughter Gracie, as well as Cotton's son GH, which gives them two kids around the age Bobby was when the original show started.

I guess Bobby would be in college or just out of college.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member

Meh.

I had a chance to get caught up last night.

Eh, it was better than I was expecting but not by much. I thought it was funny that James mentioned that there's still more stuff going on (acknowledging the shows own failure to resolve major plot points) and his girl was just like "hey man maybe we can just chill out for a while"

They didn't explain shit about the ships disappearing into the red stuff when they went through the ring. Entities?

The little girls plot went nowhere. It reintroduced the photo molecule but went nowhere.

Not at all satisfying way to get rid of Marco after everything he's done.

God knows why they chose to have everybody on the assault team speak through their in helmet mics. I couldn't hear or understand 2/3 of what was being said. There were also more scenes on the planet with the little girl in the woods that were shot entirely in the dark. Basic production stuff that I assume they thought would be more immersive but had the opposite effect.

Overall barely serviceable.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yeah it wasn’t bad, just not up there with some of the best of the show.

I appreciate them showing what’s going on with the Rogue Martian dude but…why show us if there is no intent to show the rest of story with the further seasons? I don’t expect a show to resolve everything of course and for there still to be mystery but that choice I don’t understand especially since it had absolutely nothing to do with the current characters.

Unless they’re really hopeful they get three more seasons for the other three books.

Last edited:

Hairlesswookiee

just another sazae fake account
Archive 81 on Netflix is very good so far.

I didn't like how Dexter: New Blood ended at all. I suppose it was a better conclusion than the original finale but seemed like another lazy copout by the writers.
I agree. I was expecting something like this outcome, but the execution was shit and I think they're setting it up for a spinoff show.

Onto other business. I'm trying to keep an open mind with the book of boba fett, but so far only one episode is any good. The rest are pretty average to downright lame.

Peacemaker....holy shit this show is a lot better than I expected it to be. I'm not a huge fan of Cena, but I'm definitely liking how he's doing this show and jumping into the deep end with how outlandish this is.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Today's Peacemaker was again great.

Vigilante is a fantastic character.

Reactions: jro

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Got a few days off and I watch all the episode of the new dexter new blood, nice wrapped up ending . Said season 1 so their might be more in the way ?

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Archive 81- Only 2 episodes in but Interesting so far. Feels like it might go off the rails and get gimmicky though. Never even heard of the podcast before so it's all new to me.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Finished Archive 81. It was enjoyable overall but not without some issues, the suspension of disbelief being extremely high is the biggest. It was also fairly predictable around the halfway point and it certainly could have been trimmed down or condensed a little. The basic premise is it's biggest strength, while also it's biggest weakness. Found footage horror is always pretty loose with it's rules and this is not an exception.

The basic premise of the guy being hired to salvage and archive a mysterious set of camcorder tapes is solid but when he watches them and it goes into the flashbacks and shows you everything most of which is not and couldn't possibly be on the tapes and then cuts back to the guy sitting at the editing bay it's like "Oh yeah I completely forgot this guy was supposed to be watching all this lol" Which is somewhat forgivable but it feels like they should have just not tried to connect the two stories through the tapes and done straight up traditional narrative flashbacks.

I thought it had jumped the shark at a certain point but the series kind of course corrects itself. Kind of.

Anyways there's a lot to like. The 2 main settings, the tech stuff, all the crazy occult bullshit, the stuff set in the 20s but like I said the suspension of disbelief required is extremely high. If you enjoyed Midnight Mass you'd probably dig this.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Today's Peacemaker was again great.

Vigilante is a fantastic character.
Agreed. Cena is doing really nice work, as has been noted, but the depth given to the rest of the characters is really impressive and makes the show that much more compelling.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Years late on this, but we watched the first episode of Mr. Robot tonight. Strong start.
It's a great show and gets pretty crazy.

Re-watched the final episode of season 3 of Ozark then started season 4. Pretty strong start and it's nice to know they seem to have a solid plan to wrap it up. I really want to smack the brother upside the head though.

I can see Ruth being the only one left alive when everything is said and done.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Watched the 3rd ep of Peacemaker, best one yet.

Anyone been watching the new Dexter? I'm about 4 eps in and its cool so far

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Ozark season 4 part 1
Julia Garner litterally gave me chills. Best actress doing anything right now, that I've seen anyway.
The last episode she crushes the shit out of it. Man...
Also all the cartel guys across the whole thing and plus the gay detective nearer the start and the private detective towards the end. That's what makes this good. More than the family itself. Maybe the bipolar brother, he was pretty well written and nicely acted.