BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Peacemaker continues to deliver big.

Gunn has been hyping up next week's finale all year. They didn't even screen it for critics to avoid any possible spoilers leaking out.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Yeah Peacemaker has been solid but the constant bickering gets a bit tiring.

Finished Reacher, it was shit. They completely ruined any positive aspects that they managed to build up. The last episode went from being eye-rollingly bad to insultingly stupid.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Dyebeard doesn't fuck around.
Spoiler:

fucks up Judomaster with a tire iron
chainsaws a talking gorilla
takes out 10+ Nazis with a machine gun

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
The most recent Witcher season was the opposite to how you described Reacher Terry 330 (I wholly agree. The shootout on the last episode was suprisingy amateurish, really bad).
The whole thing was shit but the last episode has a few scenes which are breathtaking, like almost nothing as of yet done in terms of fantasy world aesthetics in a series.
You say to yourself ah that's where the money went. It happens all the time in series and it makes sense but I don't like it.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Re: Peacemaker - in the finale, it's pretty much got to be
Spoiler:
Judomaster finally finishing his face turn and somehow making the difference to beat the Butterflies, right? I mean, why keep his storyline going, and continue to make it pretty clear that he's the best fighter on the show, if not? I'd totally be there for it, don't get me wrong.

I can only assume that the viewership is more than good enough for HBO to bring it back for more seasons, sure hope so at least.

Also, James Gunn is right, there should absolutely not be an option to skip the opening on this show. Well, you get what I mean.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Re: Peacemaker - in the finale, it's pretty much got to be
Spoiler:
Judomaster finally finishing his face turn and somehow making the difference to beat the Butterflies, right? I mean, why keep his storyline going, and continue to make it pretty clear that he's the best fighter on the show, if not? I'd totally be there for it, don't get me wrong.

I can only assume that the viewership is more than good enough for HBO to bring it back for more seasons, sure hope so at least.

Also, James Gunn is right, there should absolutely not be an option to skip the opening on this show. Well, you get what I mean.
Spoiler:
I think Judomaster is going to get fucked up by Eagly. He's always eating chips and Peacemaker continuously tells people to crinkle a bag of chips to get Eagly's attention.

Reactions: jro

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Superman & Lois:

I dont know much about the dude that plays Superman in this show, but I know this version of the character debuted in the god-awful Supergirl show, so naturally I had no interest in yet *another* Superman show that was *obviously* going to be like The Adventures of Lois & Clark.

Since it's on HBOMax, I decided to just watch the first episode. I gotta say, it's an entertaining show. I kinda like the whole Superman being a dad thing they have going on. It's clear that the dude's suit has padding on the pecs and shoulders which kinda blows. You can even tell there's more padding than when he was featured in Supergirl:

Supergirl:
Spoiler:
1644819022302.png

Superman & Lois:
Spoiler:
1644819100113.png

Admittedly though, the suit in S&L is LEAGUES better than the one in Supergirl. WTF is going on with that cape? Anyway, I gotta admit, it's entertaining, though his two sons are typical shitty teenagers, and actress that plays Lois just has this lazy eye that I just can't get past:

Yikes:
Spoiler:
1644819186055.png

famicommander

15 Year Member
Supergirl is such a bad show. The cast is mostly great but the writing, the dialogue, the effects, everything else is so bad.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Archive 81 on Netflix
I really enjoyed it, but I also like Lovecraftian lore and old electronics. Im essentially the perfect audience.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Superman & Lois:

I dont know much about the dude that plays Superman in this show, but I know this version of the character debuted in the god-awful Supergirl show, so naturally I had no interest in yet *another* Superman show that was *obviously* going to be like The Adventures of Lois & Clark.

Since it's on HBOMax, I decided to just watch the first episode. I gotta say, it's an entertaining show. I kinda like the whole Superman being a dad thing they have going on. It's clear that the dude's suit has padding on the pecs and shoulders which kinda blows. You can even tell there's more padding than when he was featured in Supergirl:

Supergirl:

Superman & Lois:

Admittedly though, the suit in S&L is LEAGUES better than the one in Supergirl. WTF is going on with that cape? Anyway, I gotta admit, it's entertaining, though his two sons are typical shitty teenagers, and actress that plays Lois just has this lazy eye that I just can't get past:

Yikes:
God bless your HornheaDD.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Peacemaker renewed for season 2 at HBO Max.

Excellent news. Season 1 finale premieres late tonight/early tomorrow morning.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
1883- Decided to give this a try since season 4 of Yellowstone isn't on any streaming services unless you also subscribe to the Paramount Network through cable in which case you can stream it on Peacock. Which possibly the stupidest thing ever. And boy is it not great, you'd think with the production staff involvement and connection to Yellowstone that this would be a natural extension of that. It's not.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Spoiler:

They really had the whole fucking Justice League cameo just for a joke about Aquaman fucking fish lol

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Let's change the owner of this thread yeah x
Agreed. Can this be done? also the ellipses and overuse of caps lock needs to be corrected in the thread title.

There needs to be a DeROTification of the Forum not unlike the Denazification of Germany.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Finished watching Wynonna Earp.

I really liked the first two seasons but it fell off pretty hard after that. Season 3 ended up pretty stupid and then season 4, the final one, was messed up bad by trying to shoot during the early COVID panic. Whole thing really lost steam.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Watched the Peacemaker finale last night. Definitely a fun show, but I was kinda bummed about the cameos at the end.

Spoiler:
I mean yeah, I get it - Jason Momoa and Ezra Miller both have DC movies coming out soon. They couldn't get Gal Gadot to stand there for a second? She hasn't left the role or anything, as far as I know. I know there's a whole hooplah about Cavill no longer being in the role of Superman, but I mean COME ON. Give the guy a break, he did a great job as Superman, and fits the character really well (in the DCEU). It would have been nice to have him and Gadot show up. AND - they left two characters in dark silhouettes, but they didn't have another dark shadowy figure? Affleck hasn't completely left the character since he's going to give one more performance in the Flash movie. Could had Ben show up for 10 minutes and stand there or something.

famicommander

15 Year Member
They had a limited timeframe for the cameos. James Gunn ended up getting special permission from Marvel to film them on the set of GOTG 3. A Marvel crew on a Marvel set filmed cameos for a DC television show.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Very much enjoyed the PM finale and Miller's deadpan delivery of his line.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Downfall- Doc about Boeing's 737 Max crashes, what led to them and how they mishandled it.

How to Fix a Drug Scandal- Doc about an employee at one of the Massachusetts drug testing labs who was caught stealing drugs seized by the police. Her job was to test drugs to certify that they were in fact illegal substances for court cases. She started out just using them in small amounts then stepped up to stealing the drugs and replacing them with fake substances like soap, baking soda etc. By the end she was using her work lab to straight up cook crack.

Initially they thought this had only been going on for a couple years but after some suppressed evidence comes out it turns out she had been doing for a solid decade. She was also using said drugs at work and keeping a log of it for therapy/rehab. Like actual worksheets that said "smoked crack 12 times at work today". Fucking wild shit.

So the big issue is that because of her tampering with evidence and being high while testing ten of thousands of cases that this entire mess was suppressed because if the full scope was known it would invalidate all of the convictions where her tests were used.

The whole thing was a mess of epic proportions.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Watched the Peacemaker finale last night. Definitely a fun show, but I was kinda bummed about the cameos at the end.

Spoiler:
I mean yeah, I get it - Jason Momoa and Ezra Miller both have DC movies coming out soon. They couldn't get Gal Gadot to stand there for a second? She hasn't left the role or anything, as far as I know. I know there's a whole hooplah about Cavill no longer being in the role of Superman, but I mean COME ON. Give the guy a break, he did a great job as Superman, and fits the character really well (in the DCEU). It would have been nice to have him and Gadot show up. AND - they left two characters in dark silhouettes, but they didn't have another dark shadowy figure? Affleck hasn't completely left the character since he's going to give one more performance in the Flash movie. Could had Ben show up for 10 minutes and stand there or something.
Honestly I'm surprised they were able to get two of them to begin with. I mean, for a 15 second cameo? Very impressive. Especially for just a TV show.

I'm not a millionaire celebrity and even I can't fit my schedule for some things.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Pam and Tommy- This is shockingly good, it's legitimately well made, clever and funny. I hate Seth Rogan but was won over halfway through the first episode.