BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
You won't get the same mileage out of later seasons as when they aired. Seasons 6 and 7 were very on point with US current events and the zeitgeist and fears of the time. I wasn't crazy about it early on, but the show has some good drama and mandy patinkin is top shelf.
Ah, I can see how that would be the case, it already has a slightly dated feel in the first season and if it leans even more into current events of the time, yeah. It's a showy role for Danes and she's good but Patinkin and Lewis are more interesting.
Also I heard it's got Claire Danes tiddys. Is that true?
In one of the later seasons, apparently so.

Burning Blade

Crazed MVS Addict
Glaucoma medication and Workaholics is a good combination. Haven’t laughed this hard in a hot minute.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Shout Factory TV (available over the air/web on smart TVs) is showing the old late night favorite, Friday’s.

Sketch ala MAD TV, Pre MAD TV.

(1980-1982)

Hella fun!

*it is no SCTV by any stretch, but it’s nice to get a West Coast taste of how to do this type of show.

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I'm really enjoying avenue 5 on HBO right now. Not a lot of chatter on it, but it's a solid sci-fi/ black comedy with Hugh Laurie doing both British and American accents at once.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
The orbiting shit ring is genius.

I hate Josh Gabb but he is perfectly cast as Judd.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
The Outsider would be a lot better if it was five or six episodes instead of ten.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The Outsider would be a lot better if it was five or six episodes instead of ten.

It's basically following the source material. Last episode was tense. But reading the reddit sub for outsider is so depressing. How are so many viewers able to write so much stupid shit about this show?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Did anyone watch Undone yet or am I going to be forced to call you all assblasters again?

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
It's basically following the source material. Last episode was tense. But reading the reddit sub for outsider is so depressing. How are so many viewers able to write so much stupid shit about this show?

Is it still mostly Holly-related whining?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Harley Quinn - this cartoon is an X-rated version of the first season of Venture Bros. Very fast-paced, very 2020. If pirating isn't a huge hassle, go for it and at least check out the first episode.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

I don't know anything about the Outsider source material, so I can understand how this show could be polarizing. I didn't know it was based on a Stephen King work until about episode 5. Now I'm trying a lot less to makes sense of it all.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I don't know anything about the Outsider source material, so I can understand how this show could be polarizing. I didn't know it was based on a Stephen King work until about episode 5. Now I'm trying a lot less to makes sense of it all.

Making sense of things takes away the scariness.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Making sense of things takes away the scariness.

but it's not scary. The whole Cuco thing isn't scary at all. I'm sitting here waiting for it to be misdiagnosed rabies or something....

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
but it's not scary. The whole Cuco thing isn't scary at all. I'm sitting here waiting for it to be misdiagnosed rabies or something....

Idk. Last episode definitely had me looking away when the kids were lost in the cave.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The Outsider had its finale last night. It's a solid series, but it's slow.

Don't go on the reddit sub for the show to discuss it - this was the worst group of minds to ever congeal over a Stephen King tv series. Some of the questions and ideas expressed gave me pause for the chance that this was a sub for bumpkins suffering severe mental retardation.

What worked: The actress who played Holly Gibney was fantastic. The scenes were also really well shot.
What didn't: This show could have been shorter. Maybe 6 or 8 episodes, and feel better paced. The source material is not long at all. This being 10 eps felt like it was forced into a OCD number.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
The ending managed to be satisfying (the three talking, then Ralph's monologue) and anti-climactic, IMO, all at the same time.

And I waited entirely too long to watch Avenue 5. Started it yesterday and ended up watching all 8 episodes that are up. Zach Woods somewhat unhinged is fantastic.

Oh yeah, Devs' first two episodes are up on Hulu. It's an Alex Garland joint, 100%. Off to a very strong start.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Yeah, I was quite pleased with the last episode. It actually got better as it progressed. I liked the suggestion of Holly being something.

Avenue 5 feels like a mid 2000's Fox show. I have absolutely no care for anyone on that show, and I see no interesting plot whatsoever. Every argument feels forced and every character has no substance. I keep waiting for it to get good, and I just don't see it lasting past this season.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Finished the newest season of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Pretty good overall but man Richard Lewis looks like hell. It's weird seeing how much everyone's age is catching up to them, even Susie seems to have lost a lot of her energy.

Jon Hamm was a standout in his episode.

Overall it's Curb in 2020. Nothing will ever beat the first three seasons but I'm glad this came out. Hopefully there'll be another season but Larry is 72 so who knows.

I think the only thing that bummed me out was how it ended.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Forgot to mention, this guy on youtube has uploaded every Season 10 episode on his channel, under disguise of clips:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQZDGOgQ6usflGv1g8Jlf0w

If you don't have HBO and want to watch Curb, just go to his playlists, click on Season 10 and start from the beginning (the clips aren't labeled in order to keep up the appearance that they're random).