BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
i completely forgot about all those timelines.... Now I don't think I will ever get closure... thanks.
I guess that is one positive to fan fiction... City of Gold drove me crazy as a kid.... that fucking show never went anywhere.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Mysterious City of Gold had a pretty awesome theme song. I think a Japanese studio(s) did the animation on that one too.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I made the mistake of starting to watch Invincible at 11pm last night. Hours and hours later, I am very tired as I watch the last episodes when i should be working.

They get you with a plot right away. This is some HBO level stuff, and I'm actually glad it was done in this animation style.
Did you watch it because I mentioned it in this thread

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Mare of Easttown - dark and dreary even for an HBO crime show but both the central whodunit and the characters are engaging so far.

And LTTP for:
Made for Love - little more cringe than I'd prefer but Milioti is great in it and the concept is generally pretty unique.

Warrior - generally awesome, heck of a get for HBO from Cinemax.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Mare of Easttown - dark and dreary even for an HBO crime show but both the central whodunit and the characters are engaging so far.

And LTTP for:
Made for Love - little more cringe than I'd prefer but Milioti is great in it and the concept is generally pretty unique.

Warrior - pretty much awesome, heck of a get for HBO from Cinemax.
Warrior is the best “new” HBO show in years. Better than RBW and Watchmen.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
So I've been watching attack on titan and game of thrones.

Both series have me going on my phone when long monologues come about. And both series have me hating certain characters alot. Both series have me glued to my seat most of the time besides the previously mentioned things.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I wonder if this was intentional... (warning, spoilers for those who have not seen/finished Falcon and Winter Soldier)

edit: no idea why the link/image is getting borked, so you may have to click on the the empty white box if you dont see the image right away.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I doubt it was intentional. It's one of the few ways to show the shield and not look like a dork.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Wife and I watched the DOTA 'anime' on Netflix over the weekend.

It was surprisingly pretty engaging, fun and utterly lacking in political lecturing. It was just a fantasy story that borrowed a bit too much of Berserk's Guts for its male lead. Whatever. Miura is on one of his (many) hiatuses so this will do for now.

Animation was fine despite CGI dragons. Story was unpretentious and seemed more interested in entertaining me than in lecturing me, always refreshing to see in escapism (especially on Wokeflix these days.)

Me and my wife were shocked at how heteronormative it all was. Guys and chicks were 'into' each other. The relationships weren't all gay. Men weren't 'the problem'. The female cast all had boobs. Like, real boobs. They weren't all prepubscents.

My wife asked me if this was allowed in YA level animation these days.

I told her I thought these things were verboten now.

It is boiler plate fantasy with nothing truly to offer except in that there is a very fascinating dynamic between the Invoker and Selemene. I recommend it because it's fast, it's fun, it's light, with great voice acting and an earnest desire to entertain. Will watch 'Book 2'.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Wife and I watched the DOTA 'anime' on Netflix over the weekend.

It was surprisingly pretty engaging, fun and utterly lacking in political lecturing. It was just a fantasy story that borrowed a bit too much of Berserk's Guts for its male lead. Whatever. Miura is on one of his (many) hiatuses so this will do for now.

Animation was fine despite CGI dragons. Story was unpretentious and seemed more interested in entertaining me than in lecturing me, always refreshing to see in escapism (especially on Wokeflix these days.)

Me and my wife were shocked at how heteronormative it all was. Guys and chicks were 'into' each other. The relationships weren't all gay. Men weren't 'the problem'. The female cast all had boobs. Like, real boobs. They weren't all prepubscents.

My wife asked me if this was allowed in YA level animation these days.

I told her I thought these things were verboten now.

It is boiler plate fantasy with nothing truly to offer except in that there is a very fascinating dynamic between the Invoker and Selemene. I recommend it because it's fast, it's fun, it's light, with great voice acting and an earnest desire to entertain. Will watch 'Book 2'.
A Netflix show that doesn’t try to neurosensorily program the audience to become gay... must be a mistake in the system.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
A Netflix show that doesn’t try to neurosensorily program the audience to become gay... must be a mistake in the system.
I was shocked. My wife was playing a drinking game of 'take a shot every time you get him with a woke sucker punch in this story about wizarda and dragons and knights' (I don't drink).

I had an ambulance on speed dial.

The bottle was largely untouched when it was over. We debated whether one or two points might be SJW nonsense but ultimately determined that it was entirely feasible that these elves, living in a 'pod', might just have a different view of relationships and sexual intimacy. There was never a 'polyamorous people exist, ya bigot!' moment in any of it, though.

Not only were there boobs, these boobs weren't used to make some kind of feminist statement. They move around, they shift when people roll on their sides, they don't suddenly shrink or go flat when people are running. Women have booba in this show and men are allowed to like women whi have them in it.

You have to understand: I did NOT expect a show with healthy heterosexual relationships to exist on Wokeflix. It's just there and there were no lectures about gender being on a spectrum or any of that shit that makes me change the channel. I don't care how good 'the rest of it is'. Once I feel I'm being flat out preached to about some current social issue in a show where dudes hint dragons with big swords, I'm out.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I watched it. It’s very similar to Shankarvania. It’s a good time. I appreciated that they didn’t make it more gay (all anime is intrinsically gay).

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I watched it. It’s very similar to Shankarvania. It’s a good time. I appreciated that they didn’t make it more gay (all anime is intrinsically gay).
I think that Shankarvania's only real problem is that it forgets what it is during the third season and starts to take itself too seriously. These characters aren't really worthy of independent arcs and it just slows everything down when you don't know how to weave their stories together. These aren't the Stark children.

I've sung the praises of it as a potential future for adaptations of video games into other media. And I think that it is marvelous in that respect: someone sees that these stories CAN be effectively told.

But DOTA is better executed because at present it lacks the pretension of later Shankarvania and is more deft about how it ties the characters' stories to one another.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Well, Invincible ended as I figured it would. Already been renewed for Seasons 2 and 3 so that'll be cool. The train scene in this last episode was... damn.

And believe it or not - Invincible escalates from there. Quite. A. Bit.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think that Shankarvania's only real problem is that it forgets what it is during the third season and starts to take itself too seriously. These characters aren't really worthy of independent arcs and it just slows everything down when you don't know how to weave their stories together. These aren't the Stark children.

I've sung the praises of it as a potential future for adaptations of video games into other media. And I think that it is marvelous in that respect: someone sees that these stories CAN be effectively told.

But DOTA is better executed because at present it lacks the pretension of later Shankarvania and is more deft about how it ties the characters' stories to one another.
Shankar’s real misgiving is that he can’t ever seem to give a satisfying amount of season. I don’t know if he’s running overbudget or what. Each of the castlevania seasons has felt incredibly cut short.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Mare of Easton second episode was a doozy, fuck HBO for not putting it on Max all at once.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Region modded my BD player so I watched re-watched Garth Merengis Dark Place. Glad to be able to watch the special features which are easily as good as the show itself.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I’ll have to check out those special features, if you know what I mean.

1620238732158.gif

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Region modded my BD player so I watched re-watched Garth Merengis Dark Place. Glad to be able to watch the special features which are easily as good as the show itself.

The music video, and the deeper interviews with Dean Learner are gold. Especially when he talks about the "possibility" that Madeline Wool's body is "probably" buried under a building somewhere in London, lolol

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
TBF, I think it's mostly the British shows that Netflix is importing that are overflowing wokeness.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
TBF, I think it's mostly the British shows that Netflix is importing that are overflowing wokeness.

“we suffered slavery and Jim Crow laws, and now we have make these white people feel good about themselves by validating their wokeness?”

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
The music video, and the deeper interviews with Dean Learner are gold. Especially when he talks about the "possibility" that Madeline Wool's body is "probably" buried under a building somewhere in London, lolol
There's one where Garth's selling his oeuvre but instead of a series of separate books it's one huge book that's like 6' thick but the pages are still like 4"x6" and it comes with a stand to hold it since it's so heavy.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
LOL yeah "The Oeuvre."

"I am one of the few writers who has written more books than I've read."

lol Matt Holness is awesome. And of course, I am an inappropriately huge fan of Matt Berry.

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
I've been watching The Crew , its Kevin James new show on Netflix. I was a big fan of the king of queens back in the day and haven't really liked any of his tv shows since then. Luckily this one is pretty good and I think the cast is perfect and the writing is decent as well.. If you like Kevin James you will probably like the show and hopefully the series will really hit a stride the next few seasons. Also I think Jillian Mueller who plays Catherine is sexy as fuck...