BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Also 2 years on and I'm still bummed they cancelled the Dark Crystal series after one season. I think it might be the best series i've watched in years, maybe amongst my favourite ever (together with Fargo). Such an absolute rarity on various fronts. Bollocks, fuck you Netflix you utter cunts.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Also 2 years on and I'm still bummed they cancelled the Dark Crystal series after one season. I think it might be the best series i've watched in years, maybe amongst my favourite ever (together with Fargo). Such an absolute rarity on various fronts. Bollocks, fuck you Netflix you utter cunts.
100% agree. Age of Resistance was badass. I loved the bait-and-switch they pulled with the Skeksis' origin. In that first ep I was like NO... NO THEY ARE NOT ALIENS... NO!!

But then they revealed why Thra believed it. Very cool show.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Absolutely. I think the script was probably the biggest surprise, because I absolutely love the art, animatronics, puppateering on display here, a true wonder completely beyond what cheap shit others are pulling off these days - but they could have easily fucked up the script, storyline etc. Almost a miracle that they didn't.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Absolutely. I think the script was probably the biggest surprise, because I absolutely love the art, animatronics, puppateering on display here, a true wonder completely beyond what cheap shit others are pulling off these days - but they could have easily fucked up the script, storyline etc. Almost a miracle that they didn't.

And yet we get multiple seasons of shit like You, Orange it the New Black, and Outlander.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Peacemaker with another great episode.

In related news, James Gunn is doing one more spin-off from the same Suicide Squad movie. Another show fully written and directed by him.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say it'll be Weasel.

Also, Gunn says Peacemaker season 2 is highly likely.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Been watching The Dark Side of the Ring. I don't give a shit about wrestling but some of the stories and people involved are so bizarre and fascinating it's easy to get sucked in. I mean a guy had a heart attack and died trying to flee from the cops naked, covered in baby oil and cocaine. You can't make shit like that up.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
The Raincoat Killer- Netflix doc series on South Korea's first known serial killer. The interesting thing is that it goes from just being about the guy's actual crimes and trying to catch him to the almost unbelievable level of incompetence of the Seoul police tasked with trying to catch and convict him. At one point after catching him and getting a full confession that he murdered and dismembered around 30 people they left the fucking door to the interrogation room open and even left a cop in the same room with him and he just got up and walked out the front door without being stopped. So the cops try to cover their ass by saying that they got the wrong guy and let him go on purpose.

The guy in charge of the investigation even bribes the suspect by telling him if admitted to unrelated murders so that they could close those cases he would send his son to college. Turn out those murders were actually committed by another serial killer operating in the same area at the same time and he was caught 2 years later.

The only good thing to come out of this besides eventually convicting the guy is that it exposed how ill-equipped and incompetent the cops were and it brought about radical changes in how they handle violent crime and homicide. Crazy shit.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
So there's gonna be a Halo series? WTF? They got Jennifer Hale for Uncanny Valley Cortana - but they couldn't get Steve Downes to play the MC?

famicommander

15 Year Member
They need to fuck off with this Paramount Plus shit and just merge it into Showtime.

Disney needs to do the same with Hulu and Disney Plus, but that's being held up because Comcast still owns a slice of Hulu and they don't wanna budge.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
They need to fuck off with this Paramount Plus shit and just merge it into Showtime.

Disney needs to do the same with Hulu and Disney Plus, but that's being held up because Comcast still owns a slice of Hulu and they don't wanna budge.
For real. Im just gonna pirate this Halo show anyway :/

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yeah we’re back to premium cable channels now. When everything was on Netflix it was great.

I unsubbed from everything a few years ago. I have subbed to a streaming service to watch something that is must see for me of late (Mostly Mandalorian.)

famicommander

15 Year Member
I can at least rationalize each major company having their own streaming shit, but there's no reason ViacomCBS needs both Showtime AND Paramount Plus. It's all the same damn company.

Imagine if WB had left HBO and HBO Max as separate fees.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Finished the new half season of Ozark and while I really enjoy the show the suspension of disbelief is really being strained. The mess they've gotten themselves into makes crazy shit like Breaking Bad seem realistic in comparison. The last few episodes are going to be wild.

Teela

Quiz Detective
Yeah we’re back to premium cable channels now. When everything was on Netflix it was great.

I unsubbed from everything a few years ago. I have subbed to a streaming service to watch something that is must see for me of late (Mostly Mandalorian.)
Yeah, people are so stupid. All of these people I know saying, “I cut the cable - I’m such a badass. By the way I signed up for six different streaming services.” I slap their ignorant face and let them know I never plugged in the cable and won’t pay for all of these new services that are just insular propaganda funding trash.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Yeah, people are so stupid. All of these people I know saying, “I cut the cable - I’m such a badass. By the way I signed up for six different streaming services.” I slap their ignorant face and let them know I never plugged in the cable and won’t pay for all of these new services that are just insular propaganda funding trash.
YAWN

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Caught the first 3 episodes of Reacher. It's alright, apparently far more accurate to the books than the one with Tiny Tom. It definitely feels like a smug, schlocky page turner. Lots of violence and a bit of humor, Reacher himself feels kind of weird as a character since he's both an outdated stoic macho behemoth and also a hyper intelligent detective. Seems like more of a guy from the 80s, lot's of cliches flying around and some eye rolling one liners plucked from a classic dumb Schwarzenegger action fest.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I actually liked the Cruise Jack Reacher movies. They're disposable action entertainment but enjoyable to turn my brain off to. I'll have to check them out.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

So I want to agree very badly, but I dont... The practical puppetry was amazing. The story was way more deep than I expected. Lots of great lore.
They lost me when they put the Skeksis in combat. There was no longer any dread when you are up against a handful of decrepit creatures. They completely dismissed all sense of terror from the skeksis. They were always old and frail, but they carried a great sense of power. They put them in melee combat....and I was done. The show just couldn't live up to the scale, and the world felt very very small. Fraggle Rock has bigger cities than this show.

I have two versions of the movie on Laserdisc. I love this setting, but the show just wasn't enough. Netflix knew it.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Futurama is my wife's favorite show of all time and her response to this was an exasperated sigh. This is a mistake. Doubly so if they can't get John DiMaggio back.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
lol thats hilarious, and honestly I can't wait. Futurama is awesome.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Futurama is my wife's favorite show of all time and her response to this was an exasperated sigh. This is a mistake. Doubly so if they can't get John DiMaggio back.
THR said he's finalizing a deal to return but they're not sure when it'll be official.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Futurama should stay dead. There's no creative reason to bring it back. It got to end on its own terms and the CC seasons were worse than previous seasons. This is just a recipe for another bad revival.

famicommander

15 Year Member
They've literally aired four series finales. I agree, this one should stay dead.

Though the final season we ended up getting was way better than the shitty movie season.