Better Call Saul !

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Really enjoyed both episodes. The first episode kind of dragged the first half, but it let up to a great ending. Episode 2 was even better. Loved the tension, cinematography, and humor so far.
Consider me hooked.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
Yeah. I'm hooked. I followed BB since the premiere so naturally I've been looking forward to this.
The "Nebraska" beginning of the pilot was awesome and the scene of him popping in that VHS became all the more heart breaking now that we're seeing where he started as a public defender in the back of a nail salon.

“I just talked you down from a death sentence to six months' probation. I'm the best lawyer ever.” :lolz:

Castor Troy

For those who missed it, you can watch the episodes HERE.
Those in the UK can watch the new episodes at Netflix the next day.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I don't often get hooked into TV shows, but as one who found Breaking Bad to be a rare exception, I decided to give this a chance, and I'm glad I did...

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I noticed the vince gilligan touch right from the first episode. I love that this universe is going strong!

wonamik

Armored Scrum Object
The first episode was great, they got right into the action without slow fillers.

Castor Troy

Finished episode 6.
Jonathan Banks just guaranteed a spot for "Best Supporting Actor" in any award show for his role as Mike.
The final scene was really amazing.
This episode ranks up there with "Ozymandias", but just slight below imo.

This is gonna be shit.
Chupame mi esfinter.

Last edited:

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
This most recent episode with Mike's backstory sealed the deal for me as far as watching the entirety of this for however long it continues!

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Finished episode 6.
Jonathan Banks just guaranteed a spot for "Best Supporting Actor" in any award show for his role as Mike.
The final scene was really amazing.
This episode ranks up there with "Ozymandias", but just slight below imo.

Chupame mi esfinter.

Seriously. Dude has fucking chops. Great episode.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Did anybody notice that the Veterinarian was Bill Burr's (Kuby) fellow stand up comedy buddy Joe Derosa?

Wonder if old Billy is on his way.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
Seriously. Dude has fucking chops. Great episode.

Personally I didn't think he could top his performance in "Half Measures," but that last episode he just blew it out of the water. Totally gripping and amazing stuff from Mr. Banks. So great.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I like the show so far, especially when it focuses on Saul's sloppiness/lack of experience. There is one thing though, they should have hire a bunch of make-up artists because everyone looks older than they did in Breaking Bad. I like where the story is going with Mike but I hope the show doesn't start to take itself too seriously. It's Better Call Saul, not Breaking Bad.

MuppeT

War Room Troll
ep5 made me sincerely laugh, then ep6 was dark. I like the constant change.. certainly a series that delivers.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I like the show so far, especially when it focuses on Saul's sloppiness/lack of experience. There is one thing though, they should have hire a bunch of make-up artists because everyone looks older than they did in Breaking Bad. I like where the story is going with Mike but I hope the show doesn't start to take itself too seriously. It's Better Call Saul, not Breaking Bad.

Good point- I have to constantly remind myself that the show takes place seven years prior, not after. Mike looked ancient in the latest episode, I know that he was supposed to look world-weary and beaten down, but you're right, all of the characters look older (Mike and Jimmy) or the same, at best (whatshisface the drug dealer who maims the two skaters).

I think it will be interesting to see how the show handles Mike in the future, in particular. Jonathan Banks is really good as the character, and Mike is a strong enough character to carry the show on his own (as seen this week). Odenkirk is great, needless to say, and he apparently has a high amount of influence on the set, but I sort of think BB fans in particular (and others, slowly) will see Mike as the best character and go YES whenever there's a "Mike episode."

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Thought the finale was good, not great.

Thought the ending was a little abrupt but I need to keep in mind:

Spoiler:
Slippin' Jimmy is who he is, James McGill was a front

Looking forward to where it goes from here.

Castor Troy

Liked the episode, but I thought it was flawed and dragged at times.
Spoiler:
Jimmy reuniting with his old pal only for him to die shortly after was kinda dumb.

Still, I can't wait for S2.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
This season has been freaking great. I can't wait to see how it's going to wrap up next week.

Castor Troy

Season 2 has been awesome. Love the cast better this season than before.
Kim is my fave this season followed by Mike.
Rhea-07-08.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
WHOREMAGAUD...I've been thinking of watching this show 'cause of BB but now I'm sure I'm watching this show 'cause of pearls!