Beware of hk_cywong in ebay

Fanshiro

n00b
Is this guy a member of this board? This guy does not know what is the meaning of proper business conduct.

He is very rude when answering replies and often sarcastic. Also My friend told me he bought some games from him and there were defects. He tried to get a refund, and this guy HK_cwyong is not really helpful at all, he was very sarcastic and not responsible. Extremely unpleasant to deal with. If you buy a product from him and if there is a defect, you will have a darn hard time getting a refund/replacement.

Just letting fellow board members beware before buying from him, he is the type of person who will say " caveat emptor " when you walk back to the store and demand a refund on broken good.

I would rather buy JPN AES stuff from HIT-Japan or YAMATOKU, cheaper or more expensive sometimes but guaranteed service.

cheers.

Last edited:

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
This guy seemed to have a few good carts, at good prices on ebay..... too bad.

Just another pimp trying to ho the Neo.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I had a great transaction with this guy. One out side of ebay and one from
one of his listings. Everything went smoothly. The only thing I think he needs to
change, is the shipping charges, which are extremely excessive. (HIGHER THAN
OTHER JP RESELLERS)

Lovecraft0110

Ace Gho,
20 Year Member
Come on, that guy is a frigging moron. He usually has outrageously high prices, like 700$ or something for a not-so-mint Garou a month ago. I have yet to see an auction of his with a non-retarded price tag.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Yeah, he wants $35 to send an old style stick by AIRMAIL. Yamatoku or hit-japan would take $25 to ship it by EMS!

Jedite

Bunker Buster
That's why I try to deal with people that is within the US. I hardly ever do business with international sellers. Higher shipping costs, and If you get scammed by international seller, you're basically fucked.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Thanks for the heads up, I was concidering buying from this person but the shipping charges really turned me off. Now I will stay away.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
He must be charging a 'delivery to mail office fee' like the members of Yahoo Japan
auctions do. :eye: :eye:

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
He has some good stuff but asking price and shipping are way too high.

I'll stick with Hit-Japan and other sellers but not him.

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
My dealing with him was TERRIBLE. I paid top dollar (off eBay, my mistake) and the stuff I got was as far from mint as the Mets are from going to the World Series. Oh and the $35 Airmail fee is not cool either.

AVOID THIS GUY!

grimm

Marked Wolf
Ìve had one transaction with him, and his replies were to the point and not rude. But i agree with high shipping costs, but the game was very well packaged and arrived in a timely fashion. i might deal with him again, who knows.

Hellsing

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I dealt with him and never had a problem with anything. His shipping cost is on the high side I will agree with that.

Rambilin

n00b
Also, don't be surprised if your bidding on a non buy it now item and he cancell's it right before closing. I was winning a KoF 97 jp AES at ~$40 and he canned the auction 2 minutes to closing. I emailed asking what the deal was and his reply was "i sell for 70 so i make money" reported him to Ebay customer service and they did jack.

edit: As a side note there was no reserve and bidding started at .01.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Rambilin said:
Also, don't be surprised if your bidding on a non buy it now item and he cancell's it right before closing. I was winning a KoF 97 jp AES at ~$40 and he canned the auction 2 minutes to closing. I emailed asking what the deal was and his reply was "i sell for 70 so i make money" reported him to Ebay customer service and they did jack.

edit: As a side note there was no reserve and bidding started at .01.

Yeah, I tried reporting this dickhead to eBay too. What I saw the moron doing was using a schill bidding account to end his own auctions. And it wasn't even that clever as his name was basically the same (just without the "hk_". And of course eBay did nothing.

The fact that this guy uses such practices should really deter folks here as it encourages him to stop if no one buys. For all the people here that claim you shouldn't deal with the likes of Japhei for past aggressions, everyone should treat this guy to the cold shoulder. I don't like people that end auctions early because it's not going their way since that's bullshit. Then use a freakin' reserve or BuyItNow dammit. :very_ang:

Rambilin

n00b
D-Lite is your userid here the same as it is on Ebay? If it is I bought the modded Duo-R from you a few weeks back the thing rocks and I wanted to say thanks, provided you are one in the same.

Fanshiro

n00b
this just came in

Rude or not , to the point or not, i will let you guys decide. This just came in.

My friend who happens to be in China, Beijing asked him about the shipping cost from hong kong to Beijing. That CY dude gave him the exact amount to ship to Europe/USA. Since my friend was planning to buy 3-4 carts, Of course my friend was dumbfounded but try to reason it nicely with him by saying that Hong kong and Beijing is so geographically close to each other (3 hours by plane), maybe both of them can come up with a reasonable price.

This is the best part, CY dude told him " you are not buying yet , why bother talk so much? " he then proceeds to ban my friend account from bidding.
Well what a great business conduct.

This guy good or not, i can't say anything but he is inconsistent and don't be surprised if he found a chance to fuck you up in the future just for a mere profit. :shame:

Cheers.

animegal

Armored Scrum Object
Fanshiro said:
Rude or not , to the point or not, i will let you guys decide. This just came in.

My friend who happens to be in China, Beijing asked him about the shipping cost from hong kong to Beijing. That CY dude gave him the exact amount to ship to Europe/USA. Since my friend was planning to buy 3-4 carts, Of course my friend was dumbfounded but try to reason it nicely with him by saying that Hong kong and Beijing is so geographically close to each other (3 hours by plane), maybe both of them can come up with a reasonable price.

This is the best part, CY dude told him " you are not buying yet , why bother talk so much? " he then proceeds to ban my friend account from bidding.
Well what a great business conduct.

This guy good or not, i can't say anything but he is inconsistent and don't be surprised if he found a chance to fuck you up in the future just for a mere profit. :shame:

Cheers.

He is a pushy and unfriendly seller from what I know about him and there are other international sellers who are MUCH better to deal with. But he has nice merchandise, so if you can take the abuse, then you will probably get great merchandise, I presume...........

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Rambilin said:
D-Lite is your userid here the same as it is on Ebay? If it is I bought the modded Duo-R from you a few weeks back the thing rocks and I wanted to say thanks, provided you are one in the same.

eBay member name = dragsy
but yes, that was me selling the Duo-R... :)

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
Read this:

Auction: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62054&item=8100764724

diagonal mov doesn't work.he wanna fix but i have to pay all ship(more than gt.. Buyer erwing77( 30) 22-May-04 16:14 8100764724

Reply by hk_cywong: HOW COULD WE SOLVE PROBLEM IF YOU KEPT EMAILING US WITH DITY LANGUAGE?? 22-May-04 21:54

Follow-up by erwing77: duty lenguage?you crazy! he sold me non work console descripted as 'full work' 23-May-04 05:27

AND:

Auction and its a very cheap price: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62054&item=8104860337

rejected payment.didnt sell me item due to low price. made lots of excuses. F - Buyer aphexacid( 15) 19-May-04 10:56 8104860337

Reply by hk_cywong: This rookie refused the item and left me negative in advance. Sellers Beware!!! 19-May-04 11:16

Follow-up by aphexacid: lieing is a sin. i have emails to prove. you are a crook and have been reported. 19-May-04 15:38

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah this guy is a whacko...but his auctions are nice. Iam/was interested but I dont know what to think of this. Do you think he'll take every auction off ebay if it does not hit his price he wants?

animegal

Armored Scrum Object
Insaneclown said:
Read this:

Auction: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62054&item=8100764724

diagonal mov doesn't work.he wanna fix but i have to pay all ship(more than gt.. Buyer erwing77( 30) 22-May-04 16:14 8100764724

Reply by hk_cywong: HOW COULD WE SOLVE PROBLEM IF YOU KEPT EMAILING US WITH DITY LANGUAGE?? 22-May-04 21:54

Follow-up by erwing77: duty lenguage?you crazy! he sold me non work console descripted as 'full work' 23-May-04 05:27

AND:

Auction and its a very cheap price: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62054&item=8104860337

rejected payment.didnt sell me item due to low price. made lots of excuses. F - Buyer aphexacid( 15) 19-May-04 10:56 8104860337

Reply by hk_cywong: This rookie refused the item and left me negative in advance. Sellers Beware!!! 19-May-04 11:16

Follow-up by aphexacid: lieing is a sin. i have emails to prove. you are a crook and have been reported. 19-May-04 15:38

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah this guy is a whacko...but his auctions are nice. Iam/was interested but I dont know what to think of this. Do you think he'll take every auction off ebay if it does not hit his price he wants?

Yes....