Beware of hk_cywong in ebay

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
Look at those feedback messages. Thats truly not indusive of a seller. Selling broken stuff is crap! If he agress to take it back or offer some kind of partial refund it would be cool, but look at his offensive comments. He really doesnt want customers. He just wants you to ask him how much money he wants from you so you can just give it to him. :oh_no: I know that yamatoku and hit are bad at english, but I have never heard of them being so uncooperative with the buyers. It makes me :blow_top: that I have to see a idiot like that selling.

laurie

Zero's Tailor
oh shit, I should always check here before bidding on anything. I put a bid on a first gen aes, I just hope that somebody outbids me.
I asked him how much to buy it now and he said $220 which is ok but ad £95 shipping and I no longer have a home.

rhamaaa

n00b
thanks for the headsup

i saw a few of this guy's auctions but somehow steered clear - something was not quite right in the descriptions and yes the shipping costs are crazy

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
He sure has a ton of items on Ebay right now. MS5, MS4, Sam Sho 4, all with no reserve.... somebody could strike gold, especially with the bad press he has received. I think it is limiting the number of bidders for his auctions.

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
I think the guy will rot in hell before he will sell a AES for $50. He will probably cut the auction before that happens. He's dont it before and I dont see him changing anytime soon...unless ebay threatens to cut him off.

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
He will end some/most auctions soon enough...I just know it. He's not being fair and all he cares about is money. Greedy basterd! :mad:

Fanshiro

n00b
well

He sure has a ton of items on Ebay right now. MS5, MS4, Sam Sho 4, all with no reserve.... somebody could strike gold, especially with the bad press he has received. I think it is limiting the number of bidders for his auctions.

nobody says the discussion of this topic is to limit or prevent anyone from bidding his auctions, and nobody says nobody could not bid for his auction.
It is just like buying a box of cigarette, you will see the warning label. But at least this thread has caused the moneywhore to reduce his shipping cost (He is a member here after all)

Anyway not everything that glitter are neccessarily GOLD.

As for me (just ME), I am following a member advise here " never buy or sell to someone who you don't respect and doesn't respect you".

cheers

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
Fanshiro said:
Anyway not everything that glitter are neccessarily GOLD.

As for me (just ME), I am following a member advise here " never buy or sell to someone who you don't respect and doesn't respect you".

cheers

HK_cywong is a member here? Does anyone know his user ID?

Anyway you cant get more true than the words above.

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
Take a look at this contradiction

This is CY and I have been doing video games bussiness for over 10 years and I recently expended my bussiness on ebay and to be honest with you all.

and

We will not sell any of our goods inside Hong Kong since we have many bad experiences with buyers in Hong Kong.

So what this guy is trying to say is after 10 years he realized that people in HK are bad to buyers and he wont deal with them? How many years do you have to be in business in order to realize some big idea like this one? I think he is full of BS. This guy will change his story once again really soon.

animegal

Armored Scrum Object
beware

He has alot of neo games available in multiple quantities right now, more than I 've seen in a long time from any one seller, brings the values down with alot of quantity and lower sales prices, wonder where he got all of these, none seem to be new.................. anyone looking for some high priced titles may be lucky here........ if you don't get totally ripped on the shipping costs for multiple auction wins!

Fanshiro

n00b
well

It seems that many of his auctions have ended. I would like to hear some feedbacks from members who bought from him. How was the transaction, was it smooth? So far so good?

Cheers

*oh btw animegal, it's normal. Hong kong is a haven for Neo geo Jp carts. All my friends who use to sell video games in HK said most of the neo geo jp carts get dumped there directly from Japan or even being brought in illegally without custom fees (that is why games in HK are so cheap). Also people there are shrewd enough not to pay skyscrapping prices for Old games thus neo geo carts do not have long shelf life in HK*

Last edited:

animegal

Armored Scrum Object
Fanshiro said:
Is this guy a member of this board? This guy does not know what is the meaning of proper business conduct.

He is very rude when answering replies and often sarcastic. Also My friend told me he bought some games from him and there were defects. He tried to get a refund, and this guy HK_cwyong is not really helpful at all, he was very sarcastic and not responsible. Extremely unpleasant to deal with. If you buy a product from him and if there is a defect, you will have a darn hard time getting a refund/replacement.

Just letting fellow board members beware before buying from him, he is the type of person who will say " caveat emptor " when you walk back to the store and demand a refund on broken good.

I would rather buy JPN AES stuff from HIT-Japan or YAMATOKU, cheaper or more expensive sometimes but guaranteed service.

cheers.

hk_cywong( 176) Not a registered user

Jedite

Bunker Buster
Just like a scam artist, scam some people, then, leave. Then, start another account, then rip off more people. It's just a vicious cycle, it's people like them, that make internet dealing very hazardous! :shame:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
i wrote him an email telling him everybody says he sucks ..he had no responce , if he just ended the auctions early then people should write him and say he i proxy bid for $450 for such and such a game but you ended the auction before it had the chance to hit

Mexicant

n00b
ack.... i just bought a "new" MS5 from him a day before the account closed.....hope i dont get screwed :(

Fanshiro

n00b
hah smells

Well I warned you guys earlier. Fom the way he talks, this guy ain't a proper gentleman, moreover a businessman. He will probably come back with a new USER ID , so WATCH OUT. If a skunk stinks, it always stinks. Anyway grats to the 5 or 6 people here earlier who scored some great buy from him before he took off.

cheers

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
What happens when I say "I told you so".

I posted here a few times saying he would cancel and that he is a bad seller. Why is it that people read this thread and went ahead and bid anyway? Its an enigma to me. The first person that got scammed by CY would have been crying their eyes out on these forums about how horrorable this guy is.

The moral of this story is if its too good to be true, then leave it alone. Its probably too good to be true.

Just remember that if someone says "If youre asking then youre not buying" its a clear sign he doesnt care about the customers. Reputation in the Neo Geo Collectors community is GOLD. Apparently this guy didnt know that.

Mexicant

n00b
sorry....wasnt a member of the forums before i started the bid, his feedback was decent enough. NOW i know where to check first.

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
Mexicant said:
sorry....wasnt a member of the forums before i started the bid, his feedback was decent enough. NOW i know where to check first.

No offense to you in specific I was actually talking to ALL of the NG member that bid on this guy even though they knew better. Since you're new I recommend my 2 favorite sites" www.japangamesnow.com which is Neo Geo only and a great place and www.ncsx.com which sells everything and also is great. Both of those places are the best of the best.

animegal

Armored Scrum Object
Gone for good??

Mystic_flame said:
What happens when I say "I told you so".

I posted here a few times saying he would cancel and that he is a bad seller. Why is it that people read this thread and went ahead and bid anyway? Its an enigma to me. The first person that got scammed by CY would have been crying their eyes out on these forums about how horrorable this guy is.

The moral of this story is if its too good to be true, then leave it alone. Its probably too good to be true.

Just remember that if someone says "If youre asking then youre not buying" its a clear sign he doesnt care about the customers. Reputation in the Neo Geo Collectors community is GOLD. Apparently this guy didnt know that.

I WONDER WHY HE WAS SUSPENDED ANYWAYS?
OBVIOUSLY IT WAS NOT FOR HIS POOR COMMUNICATIONS WITH BUYERS OR LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE!

HE MUST HAVE BEEN INVOLVED WITH FRAUD OR HAS NOT BEEN PAYING HIS EBAY FEES!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL............................................................................................