Beware of hk_cywong in ebay

animegal

Armored Scrum Object
Mexicant said:
sorry....wasnt a member of the forums before i started the bid, his feedback was decent enough. NOW i know where to check first.

If you already paid for the MS5 and he hasn't emailed you any tracking number, then file a dispute with paypal or your credit card company if that is how you paid for the game.

Good luck!

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
animegal said:
I WONDER WHY HE WAS SUSPENDED ANYWAYS?
OBVIOUSLY IT WAS NOT FOR HIS POOR COMMUNICATIONS WITH BUYERS OR LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE!

HE MUST HAVE BEEN INVOLVED WITH FRAUD OR HAS NOT BEEN PAYING HIS EBAY FEES!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL............................................................................................

I seriously doubt that. I think he canceled all the bids he didnt want and 1/2 the bidders reported him. I dont know how many complaints you need before your account gets canned, but it got canned so people must have been complaining A LOT

animegal

Armored Scrum Object
Mystic_flame said:
I seriously doubt that. I think he canceled all the bids he didnt want and 1/2 the bidders reported him. I dont know how many complaints you need before your account gets canned, but it got canned so people must have been complaining A LOT

You could be right, ebay is only interested in the money (fees) and if there are no sales, they get no fees, so they could see him as a risky (no ebay income) seller and take him off. I seriously doubt it would be for the buyers' complaints, ebay only really cares about their fees and making money, so the seller really needed to screw ebay over to get suspended..

Also, the shill bidding he has done recently with his own name (how stupid!) should have been grounds for suspension then, but of course, they probably just gave him a warning for it!

Last edited:

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
animegal said:
You could be right, ebay is only interested in the money (fees) and if there are no sales, they get no fees, so they could see him as a risky (no ebay income) seller and take him off. I seriously doubt it would be for the buyers' complaints, ebay only really cares about their fees and making money, so the seller really needed to screw ebay over to get suspended..

Also, the shill bidding he has done recently with his own name (how stupid!) should have been grounds for suspension then, but of course, they probably just gave him a warning for it!

This is how shady this character is...last month he made an account cywong and bid on his own items to get a powerseller rating. He probably paid all those fees, but when other people bid on his stuff look at what happened. This is deffinately not a good seller. Anyway the multiple rude comments in his feedback posted by himself proves it. If this guy crops up again he is going to get another ear load of bad comments for sure.

Mexicant

n00b
hk_cywong

I will send your package give you the tracking information within 24
hours

please email me back

and our account will be activated within 7 days according to ebay

thanks

CY

...should i even bother? or cancel the order

animegal

Armored Scrum Object
Mystic_flame said:
This is how shady this character is...last month he made an account cywong and bid on his own items to get a powerseller rating. He probably paid all those fees, but when other people bid on his stuff look at what happened. This is deffinately not a good seller. Anyway the multiple rude comments in his feedback posted by himself proves it. If this guy crops up again he is going to get another ear load of bad comments for sure.

Just start looking for multiple quantity higher valued Jap AES Carts coming from one source and report him, unless, ebay reinstates him for some reason under this name.

It is not so common for Ninja Master's, Metal Slug 2, Metal Slug X, Metal Slug 5, Voltage Fighter Gowcaiser, Kabuki Klash, World Heroes Perfect to show up on ebay (2 or more each copy from same seller) so unless he changes his selling methods, he won't be hard to spot again on ebay.

animegal

Armored Scrum Object
Mexicant said:
hk_cywong

hours

please email me back

thanks

CY

His ebay status really doesn't affect you, it could be hopeful thinking or the truth or a lie, all you should be concerned with is that tracking number as promised within the 24 hour period. Either way, if you paid by cc or paypal, you are basically protected. Act quickly though if you don't hear back from him, don't give him alot of time or you are only fooling yourself. There will always be another game to replace the one you won, so just protect yourself...

Mexicant

n00b
animegal said:
Just start looking for multiple quantity higher valued Jap AES Carts coming from one source and report him, unless, ebay reinstates him for some reason under this name.

It is not so common for Ninja Master's, Metal Slug 2, Metal Slug X, Metal Slug 5, Voltage Fighter Gowcaiser, Kabuki Klash, World Heroes Perfect to show up on ebay (2 or more each copy from same seller) so unless he changes his selling methods, he won't be hard to spot again on ebay.

i just got an email from him stating that it is going to me reinstated in the next 7 days?

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
Mexicant said:
hk_cywong

hours

please email me back

thanks

CY

Is this a confirmation e-mail from him? Did you pay with Paypal? If this is a confirmation e-mail I would say to give him no more than 7 days to receive your package. If no sign of the package report it immediately. If you used Paypal check if he is confirmed. If you are also confirmed PP will give you the benifit of the doubt and refund you first. When you receive your package you can always cancel the drawback request. Hope that helps.

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Shame I won

Last blade Jap x2

Metal Slug 4

& Metal Slug 5

on the same day he got banned, now ebay say if I pay & don't get anything I am on my own, so I guess I won't pay, well not untill he gets reinstated which can happen in 2 weeks, if you fax ebay saying you won't break there rules again!

Here's what ebay said (standard ebay email)

We are writing to inform you that we recently ended all listings for seller hk_cywong on eBay. The seller's privileges to trade on eBay have been temporarily suspended while we investigate this matter further. (The current account status can be viewed next to the user ID of the seller on the eBay site.).

Our records indicate that you were a participating bidder or buyer in this seller's listing. You will need to use your own personal judgment in deciding whether to complete this transaction.

As described in our User Agreement, eBay is only a venue, and we cannot guarantee that sellers will complete transactions nor can we guarantee the delivery or quality of bought items. As a basic principle, a buyer should know with whom he or she is dealing before sending a payment to a seller.

Depending on the circumstances, you might decide to delay payment to a seller until completely confident that the transaction will be completed safely. If you decide to delay payment but already paid by personal cheque, you may wish to contact your bank to discuss whether it would be possible to stop payment on the cheque. If you paid with a credit card, you may wish to contact your credit card company's security department to discuss this payment - many companies provide protection in certain circumstances. If you paid by money order, you may want to contact that money order company for information on how to stop payment.

Please note that the ending of the listings for this seller is a precautionary measure. The grounds for this suspension may be the result of a mistake or misunderstanding.

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department

Last edited:

animegal

Armored Scrum Object
realgameplay said:
Shame I won

Last blade Jap x2

Metal Slug 4

& Metal Slug 5

on the same day he got banned, now ebay say if I pay & don't get anything I am on my own, so I guess I won't pay, well not untill he gets reinstated which can happen in 2 weeks, if you fax ebay saying you won't break there rules again!

Here's what ebay said (standard ebay email)

We are writing to inform you that we recently ended all listings for seller hk_cywong on eBay. The seller's privileges to trade on eBay have been temporarily suspended while we investigate this matter further. (The current account status can be viewed next to the user ID of the seller on the eBay site.).

Our records indicate that you were a participating bidder or buyer in this seller's listing. You will need to use your own personal judgment in deciding whether to complete this transaction.

As described in our User Agreement, eBay is only a venue, and we cannot guarantee that sellers will complete transactions nor can we guarantee the delivery or quality of bought items. As a basic principle, a buyer should know with whom he or she is dealing before sending a payment to a seller.

Depending on the circumstances, you might decide to delay payment to a seller until completely confident that the transaction will be completed safely. If you decide to delay payment but already paid by personal cheque, you may wish to contact your bank to discuss whether it would be possible to stop payment on the cheque. If you paid with a credit card, you may wish to contact your credit card company's security department to discuss this payment - many companies provide protection in certain circumstances. If you paid by money order, you may want to contact that money order company for information on how to stop payment.

Please note that the ending of the listings for this seller is a precautionary measure. The grounds for this suspension may be the result of a mistake or misunderstanding.

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department

Just curious for the others that owe him for auctions won:

If he gets "reinstated" with ebay within the 14 day suspension time, can he file NPB warnings against the people who previously won his auctions but haven't paid for fear of not getting the merchandise or does that let you and the others permanently "off the hook?"

Jedite

Bunker Buster
animegal said:
Just curious for the others that owe him for auctions won:

If he gets "reinstated" with ebay within the 14 day suspension time, can he file NPB warnings against the people who previously won his auctions but haven't paid for fear of not getting the merchandise or does that let you and the others permanently "off the hook?"
If he does file NPB warnings on your account, then that plain fucken sucks. He's the scammer, but, yet makes you the bad guy. What a fucker. He's should be in jail with big Bubba's tongue in his ass.

Mexicant

n00b
As i said earlier in this thread i think.. i got a tracking # and everything from this guy on june 5th, however i still havent recevied my ms5 yet. The tracking# and everything was through hongkongpost.com. Should i try to get my money back? what do you guys think? I tried to email him and everything, but no response.....

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
Mexicant said:
As i said earlier in this thread i think.. i got a tracking # and everything from this guy on june 5th, however i still havent recevied my ms5 yet. The tracking# and everything was through hongkongpost.com. Should i try to get my money back? what do you guys think? I tried to email him and everything, but no response.....

I would never buy from hk_cywong. He's an idiot of what I heard.

Doesnt the tracking number work? Did you file a paypal complaint? If you haven't you should've done that way back in early June around the 15th or so. You only get a month from when you send him the money. It doesnt take that long from where he is a it should only take 1 week to 2 weeks the most. Well it depends on which way he ships it of course. I believe your game aint coming man sorry to say as you should've had it already. I really dont know what to think of this as I rarely by any games from Japan. I only did it once and that was it. Hopefully you can do something about this as Iam not sure on what else you can do. Unless another member has an idea on what to do.

kulanartkung

Rugal's Thug
Hey Friend!!!
CY is crime!!! He took money from my friend(Thailand) about 1700$ and he told my friend about tracking number later. Then he is quiet.....no answer and no e-mail..crime :very_ang:

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
$1700 warrents a flight to HK for a personal visit. For $1700 I would personally fly from Thailand to HK and hang this guy by his nuts. The second option would be to hire a hitman for $1700 and tell him he gets paid when he finishes CYwong off. WTF is wrong with these idiots? Seriously...I would gain sheer satisfation from personally beating the hell out of someone that stole that much money from me. :very_ang: :mad: :very_ang:

Last edited:

Stokers

Geese's Thug
Never dealt with him..

But - this chump was selling a jap last blade with a english gold warning label. So i asked him what was going on and he gave me some shitty sounding reply about " i deal only in legit games"

tosser!

jiboom

n00b
cywong info

He ripped me of for 500 quid!.I paid with paypal account balance,so no cc protection :mad: Paypal is a waste of time,they just sent a standard email saying they can't do anything as there is no money in his account.They are a waste of time basically ,and they don't really give a ****.I have filled a complaint with fair trade,of which the tosser is a member,and found his address etc on that site.Also i am filling in and sending the email claim forms which all being well should get me a maximum of 210 quid back.My predicament is the same as the other guys who posted earlier(dates etc)and i emailed and filled in a enquiry form on hong kong posts web site.This confirmed that the tracking number given me was for the usa instead of uk as it should have been :mad: .I have also found the hong kong police web site,and you can report crime via email.The site is all in english and very well set out.It has various departments including fraud and internet crime.and even the phone number of the station in tossers district.I will try this option if all else fails.If anybody else is in the same boat please carry on this thread,and let us know how its going.Anybody who has been ripped of knows how it feels :crying: .Maybe we can do something about this ******* rip off merchant.Sorry bout long post :loco: .

PetSim24

n00b
Hi,

I'm new to the boards and I've only just read all the posts about hk_cywong, unfortunately exactly the same thing has happened to me and I've been ripped off for about £300. I've tried all the things that you guys have mentioned (paypal,etc) but there isn't a whole lot mroe we can do.
I know that we aren't the only ones he has ripped off, because I googled his name and found an Italian forum with some guy he had 'sold' a PC Engine and never bothered sending.
One thing that I didn't think of was contacting the Hong Kong Police, I think that is an excellent idea (as long as they take internet fraud seriously), so I'm going to look into that as soon as I have time. I believe it could be more effective if all of us that are affected by this thief contact them.
I'll keep checking back for posts.

jiboom

n00b
worth a try

Once i have seen what happens regarding ebay claim.I will be reporting him to hong kong police.If anybody else wants to try this just go for it and lets see what happens.I think it's definitely worth trying as this fraudster must have ripped of a hell of a lot of people and cash.If anybody else is in the same boat please post your experiences.Will let you know how it goes.

Yep, he's a scumbag!

I got screwed by the guy myself. I won an auction for Art of fighting 3 on MVS. Waited, and waited. The next thing I know he's no longer a registered user, and he doesnt respond to e mails. This guys the reson why I use a credit card on ebay. I really feel sorry for the people that sent him money for copies of AES Ninja Masters carts, and AES KOF s sets. I doubt they got anything. Oh well.

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
I have reviewed all the information on this guy. He hasnt just fucked the people in the US. I have found that he has screwed people on this site also http://www.daddelkingz.de/ (With the help of a translating program) and countless other people. This guy probably stole $xxx,xxx from people who thought they were getting their games.

From what I gathered this is what he did in the past
1) Bid on all his own auctions to get powerseller feedback
2) Stayed around long enough to get power seller status (3 months minimum)
3) Sold enough stuff to seem legit
4) Once he got cancelled he agreed to sell all items to all the bidders
5) Took the money and ran

This is a pretty perfectly occorstarated plan. I did have a few post saying he was going to scam, but now that he got everyones cash this is a different story.

I personally didnt get scammed, but if enough people come foward fast enough they might be able to get HK_cywong on multiple cases of international fraud. I dont know how to get the ball rolling on this, but I suggest everyone contact ebay immediately. The longer you wait the less likely you will get him. Second is get into contact with all the other bidders that got screwed. Maybe ebay can offer some suggestions on going about this. Also you should contact your local international internet fraud department. If they get enough cases and dollar value of the fraud they will deffinately get involved. Also try to find out where the international fraud department in Hong Kong is also. They will have the best results in apprehending this bastard. Everyone that got suckered should post a message on this board so you know who all the people are and can contact each other easily. Remember to print all the Paypal or money transfer information you used to send him with. You will need this proof when filing.

If all else fails hire a hitman with all your combined losses and have your Professional just take him out. Tell him to collect the money from Cy Wong before killing him.

This bullshit makes me so angry. This is why the community is failing. Its cause idiots like this are ruining it for us.

jiboom

n00b
Who got scammed?.

Your absoloutlely right mystic,we need everybody who has been scammed by him to post in this thread,wether they got compensation or not.Also, if anybody can post in other forums,like the one you suggested.We can get a truer picture of the amount of victims.Once we get a good few people,we should email the details to the hong kong police department,on or around the same date,the same with ebay.Lets at least try this,complacency gets you nowhere.It might come to nothing,but if it does it will hopefully make others think before scamming.Thanks.ps check out the pocket reversi thread.