Bibliophile (Waseem Daker) Murder Case Update

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Never rely on testimony from children. Never.

It depends. You just have to know the child. Often times they won't lie to you per se. They'll tell you the truth: put it will be their perception of what happened, which might not coincide with actual reality.

The foundation of my job is literally talking to children, albeit ones who are severely emotionally disturbed.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Bird lawyers of NG.com, if Waseem had a retrial and was found not guilty what legal recourse would he have? Particularly against Lottie who recanted her testimony.
Didn't she die a couple years back?

I think I remember reading that. Also seem to recall she and Bibs had some kind if relationship after he went to jail.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It depends. You just have to know the child. Often times they won't lie to you per se. They'll tell you the truth: put it will be their perception of what happened, which might not coincide with actual reality.

The foundation of my job is literally talking to children, albeit ones who are severely emotionally disturbed.
If you're interested, here's an article that came out last week about an American teacher in Shanghai who was convicted of molesting his students and has been in Chinese prison since 2014: https://edition.cnn.com/2021/06/04/...s-china-shanghai-prisoner-intl-hnk/index.html

It's highly likely the guy is innocent. Thing is, young children are very suggestible, especially when interviewed incorrectly. Honestly reading that made me flash back to when I was in third grade, and during a field trip a teacher's husband playfully jabbed me in the shoulder because I was a funny kid. When I came home and told my parents, my mom freaked out and thought I had been physically abused. Then I believed I was physically abused and cried when I told my teacher. Just remembering the whole experience makes me wonder now if I was borderline retarded at that time.

Anyways just an interesting article. And when parents act serious and ask their 5 year old kids if they were abused while police are in the room, maybe they'll make themselves believe it even if it never happened.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If you're interested, here's an article that came out last week about an American teacher in Shanghai who was convicted of molesting his students and has been in Chinese prison since 2014: https://edition.cnn.com/2021/06/04/...s-china-shanghai-prisoner-intl-hnk/index.html

It's highly likely the guy is innocent. Thing is, young children are very suggestible, especially when interviewed incorrectly. Honestly reading that made me flash back to when I was in third grade, and during a field trip a teacher's husband playfully jabbed me in the shoulder because I was a funny kid. When I came home and told my parents, my mom freaked out and thought I had been physically abused. Then I believed I was physically abused and cried when I told my teacher. Just remembering the whole experience makes me wonder now if I was borderline retarded at that time.

Anyways just an interesting article. And when parents act serious and ask their 5 year old kids if they were abused while police are in the room, maybe they'll make themselves believe it even if it never happened.
ABF2DF7D-EDCD-4102-8CD3-A46B2C58FA72.gif

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
IIRC, Lottie put her house up for sale to raise money for his appellate case...this was all brought up in the 2nd ABC 20/20 special. Tom Llamas did a great job making her look bat-shit insane for doing so.

Jon

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

Kids will lie through their teeth to get approval of adults.

Look at this little shit recite words obviously given to him by his psycho parents to blast Batman Returns. Unforgivable.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yeah I suppose I mean teenagers. I work with teens primarily, some lower functioning cognitively, most lower functioning with respect to social and emotional intelligence.

I forget Lonesage actually works with little kids. Sometimes I call the youth I work with “kids” even though the average age is 16 lol.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Kids will lie through their teeth to get approval of adults.

Look at this little shit recite words obviously given to him by his psycho parents to blast Batman Returns. Unforgivable.

LOL What the actual fuck?

There is no doubt that things are marketed to children that shouldn’t be...but Batman Fucking Returns?

Wow. Fucking looney.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
ok, whether he did it or not, it was fuckin' nuts seeing his amatuer attempt at lawyering. I mean he was being dick. We're not talking about the best character here. He should have gotten a better trial but that was on him.

Also, why was his DNA on the scene? Anyone care to explain that? I don't mean that sarcastically either, like genuinely I'd like to know how it got tied to him in the first place.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Also, why was his DNA on the scene? Anyone care to explain that? I don't mean that sarcastically either, like genuinely I'd like to know how it got tied to him in the first place.
The roommate of the deceased was his gf or ex.