Bibliophile (Waseem Daker) Murder Case Update

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
EG won't be making an appearance... he's gone native...

xROTx

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Not much proof that Waseem committed murder either!

thats exactly the thing.

maybe he did it. maybe he didn't. there is plenty of reasonable doubt. especially considering the recanted testimony. there isn't enough proof for a guilty conviction. If you are going to take someones life away, you best be positive that the person did what you say they did.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm not convinced of Waseem's Innocence. But it doesn't matter. I hope he gets out and the state of Georgia has to pay him a boatload of money.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
thats exactly the thing.

maybe he did it. maybe he didn't. there is plenty of reasonable doubt. especially considering the recanted testimony. there isn't enough proof for a guilty conviction. If you are going to take someones life away, you best be positive that the person did what you say they did.

At the end of the day, though, the recanted testimony from Blatz doesn't matter. The State still has, literally, hundreds of recorded phone calls between Wasseem and Blatz. She can't wish that away.

The fact that Wasseem, apparently, manipulated Blatz (according to the recent article) isn't looking good for him, either.

From where I'm sitting, the standard of "beyond any reasonable doubt" may not be met but, the standard of "more likely than not" is.

Jon

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
From where I'm sitting, the standard of "beyond any reasonable doubt" may not be met but, the standard of "more likely than not" is.

Jon

more likely than not? sure- but thats an opinion. the only way you are supposed to convict is if you are 100% positive beyond a reasonable doubt. if there is any doubt it is your job as a juror is to then vote 'not guilty'. maybe he did it- but maybe he didn't.

i sure hope you are never on a jury deciding my fate with that viewpoint.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
more likely than not? sure- but thats an opinion. the only way you are supposed to convict is if you are 100% positive beyond a reasonable doubt. if there is any doubt it is your job as a juror is to then vote 'not guilty'. maybe he did it- but maybe he didn't.

i sure hope you are never on a jury deciding my fate with that viewpoint.

Really. There's already too much of extrajudicial "more likely than not" going on these days that's causing problems for people who ultimately end up having the charges dropped.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
More Likely Than Not - civil litigation

Beyond a reasonable doubt - criminal

IANYL.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Totally want to buy the Ninja mind control book on amazon.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I still don't understand why he attempted to defend himself, that's a recipe for disaster.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
I'm thinking it wasn't, you've been on a mission to absorb as much US Neo between here and Facebook. It's kinda disheartening.

it was a joke. his shit was japanese.

and i'm gathering for my personal collection. it isn't like i'm trying to flip shit.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Best I can do is "it was a really fucking stupid comment". Jokes are funny.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner

your face is funny, fool.

edit: i didn't realize the forum was going soft. like a flaccid tgirl penis.

Last edited:

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
Wasn't he mainly convicted on the testimonials of that retarded bitch who retracted everything later ?

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
A forum member is wrongly imprisoned by a racist court system whose primary evidence is a self professed liar of a shecow, and all you can think of is your collection? For shame.

That's fucking poor taste.

Trying to scoop a guys NGCD games that's doing life in prison? The bar has just been lowered!

I'm thinking it wasn't, you've been on a mission to absorb as much US Neo between here and Facebook. It's kinda disheartening.

TIL that UIEngineer is a classless asshole... But then again i already knew that.

:lolz:

You all sound afraid that if he does get out he's gonna find you for talking shit about him.

But he won't.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
:lolz:

You all sound afraid that if he does get out he's gonna find you for talking shit about him.

But he won't.

I was talking about bringing up Boogs, as that poor kid had nothing to do with this. I think Waseem is a fucking whack job, and I have no problem saying that.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

See, that's my thing. I don't know if he did it or not. He might have. However, from everything I read about the case when it was current the prosecution never proved that he did, and I honestly think he got convicted based on the fact that he was dumb enough to think that defending himself was a good idea.