Bibliophile (Waseem Daker) Murder Case Update

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
The death penalty should be abolished because nobody in society fucks up more than the government, and when it's a life and death situation there's no fixing a fuck up.

Nobody ever actually gets executed (Texas excluded) and the state blows millions in legal fees with all the appeals. Stupid. Waste of time and money.

On Monday, the Georgia Supreme Court granted Waseem Daker's habeas corpus appeal, and remanded his case to the habeas corpus court with directions that granted it grant him a new Motion for New Trial and a new appeal, and a new determination of eligibility for court-appointed counsel.

We have always believed that Waseem will be vindicated, and this decision is a huge step towards bringing him home.

You can download and view the decision here:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Remind me: Did Bibs dismiss his counsel during the first trial? What is meant by “counsel withdrew.”?
Edit: Nevermind, I read further.

Waseem, whether you did it or not, for the love of Crom, please have counsel represent you in appellate process.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Last page is pretty good.

“Shenanigans” :keke:

Waseem, use a fucking lawyer, please.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
No matter how many law books you got your hands on during time served.

If you don't have that Netflix or Amazon Magic, and I think there are people here who can be honest with you about that, maybe you're more of a podcast case. It's a big world.

Out here.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
1621524175947.png

I can't believe I've been lurking for long enough to remember when there was a waseem daker banner on war room

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Remind me: Did Bibs dismiss his counsel during the first trial? What is meant by “counsel withdrew.”?
Edit: Nevermind, I read further.

Waseem, whether you did it or not, for the love of Crom, please have counsel represent you in appellate process.
Financially it’s complicated. The circuit defender kept saying Waseem should pay, not the tax payer, which probably happens for every defendant in GA, doubly so after 9/11 for brown people; draw your own conclusions.

The evidence was not good (Lottie retracted, and was never a reliable witness), and the most obvious suspect is still Carmen’s super creepy ex husband.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Financially it’s complicated. The circuit defender kept saying Waseem should pay, not the tax payer, which probably happens for every defendant in GA, doubly so after 9/11 for brown people; draw your own conclusions.

The evidence was not good (Lottie retracted, and was never a reliable witness), and the most obvious suspect is still Carmen’s super creepy ex husband.

I read through then decision and the determination of whether he was indigent was very confusing.

I think it’s very probable that Waseem, whether he did it not, was convicted for being brown in Georgia.

An unreliable, recanting witness is just troubling.

Waseem please use counsel lol.

Last edited:

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Doen here he would probably not have been convicted. That kind of evidence and a witness that retracted, he'd have gone free.
I know too little of the whole case but imo he could be innocent. Probably is.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
One of the major problems that we experience in the US is that crimes are not punished equally, and justice is not decided equally. There’s a ton of noise interference. In waseem’s case, for example, the noise was

Waseem not white
Waseem not christian
Waseem not attractive at all
Waseem weird
Waseem ugly
Carmen’s son white
Carmen white
Carmen son crying
Lottie white
Lottie crying
Judge white
Judge Christian
Georgia historically racist
Georgia historically KKK
Georgia historically slave owning
Georgia historically butt hurt about Sherman
9/11
Guantanamo
Saddam
Brown people
Mooslims
Obama
Osama
Waseem not pretty
Waseem bald

that’s a lot of noise. Noise creates bias. Without bias, results can be more accurate.

vs facts known

Waseem dated lottie
Lottie lived with Carmen and Carmen’s son
Carmen’s ex was violent
Sweater had Waseem microfibers
Carmen’s son couldn’t see who attacked him

am I missing anything?

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
No, that's pretty clear, didn't stand a chance. Damn.
(Just realized I still have his old phone number from years back. From the 'Are you a bad enough dude to...' thread)

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Oh my god I wrote letters to him talking shit because I thought he'd never get out.:eek:
I've been on here for 16+ years and within a second of finishing reading your post I thought this was one of the most fucked up things I've ever read here. Just why, dude. This is going to take a while for me to process.

I can understand trolling someone on the internet. Write something for 30 seconds and hit click. But you actually got some paper and a pencil, wrote a message, found an envelope and a stamp, looked up where he is incarcerated, and just went through with it all. At no point did you stop and question if what you were doing was OK.

I've always known there was something off with you but this confirms it beyond a shadow of a doubt. May god have mercy on your soul.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Eeuugh... I hope that's a joke, mainman.

Because if not... not cool.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
It may have waseemed alright to you at the time to do that mainman but he's had four bland walls to look at and your letters right there on the bunk above him every night. He's been dreaming of revenge ever since and now.. he's coming for you with that sort of caged animal determination.

Watch your back, pal.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I wonder if Waseem will come back here. I mean, he has friends here, and a platform to tell his side of the story.
I only ever dealt with him one time, and he was a nice dude. I would like to hear what he has to say. That is if he's even allowed to?

Im not a lawya, so I dont know how that works.