Big Red 4 Slot MVS Monitor Interference Issue.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Big Red 4 Slot MVS Monitor Interference Issue.

Details at bottom of page.
After moving the cab to the New apt,having had a monitor repair right beforehand and I had taken the monitor out for the move..
The cab ran fine once put all back together here.:buttrock:

I had a get together here and the cab was on for hours..After people left I noticed some interference on screen that fluctuated on and off .(Ohh Crap!!..I was so busy I didn't get to see what was going on with the cab.
.... Scrolling lines left to right making the games on screen look gritty at times.
it would come and go like as if someone was running a microwave or talking on some kind of radio/CB.
I figured it to be from the wall plug so I tried another line...No change..

Going over everything again ..(Grounds-plugs)..I can't find any mistakes I made putting the monitor and coin door back in the cab here after the move.
My first thought is that I left off a ground to the monitor.

The Lines would come back on screen then away then come back(back and forth so randomly that it looked like this areas interference...Making it more of a OMG!! It's going to suck living here if this is to go on.. ,

..I'd leave the cab running and check on it..It would be fine come back then the screen would be full of scrolling lines going on while the demos played through.

I figured the Fan might be taking a dump in the power supply then..

Yesterday I decided to do a voltage test on the power supply and check the monitors adjustment pots..as I was seeing lines on screen. again.

When I opened the Control Panel,the lines went away..WTF!!...Opening and closing the control panel is like turning a switch on an off to scrolling lines on screen or to no lines.
I checked the plugs to the buttons and all grounds..

It's the Memory Card Reader wires...If you move them it creates lines on screen..,Since they are moved around when the CP is opened and closed,somehow they are crimping and I guess creating a short.
I unplugged them from the mobo and card reader board and this stopped..No more lines on screen....Plugging each ones end in it's just one of them causing this under the CP when it's closed..
I relived some of the factory wire tire tension on them,plugged them back in and no more lines on screen ..
The memory card works so they aren't broken..(yet)

I'm just trying to figure out what in them would cause such an interference...
Has anyone ever come across a problem like that.?

Should I change them or try to flip them around.

CHRISLEGO001.jpg

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Rotate the 4 slot board 90 degrees on the shelf so that there is more tension on the cable.