bill o'reilly and geraldo get in a fight on-air {youtube video follows}

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Orochi_invisibleink said:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qedy6O7jSXE

check it out hahaah its good for a laugh. although it is a sad story about what actually happened. 2 hot girls killed by a worthless drunk driver illegal alien piece of trash

I saw this when it happened, it was pretty heated. Although it was weird how they were able to cool down when it ended to plug Geraldos show. In real life if something like this happens, fists are thrown or people don't talk to each other for weeks/months.

aria

Former Moderator
Haha --wow, I was surprised how well Geraldo argued and held his ground against that moron --it helps that he used to have that infamous daytime talk show with KKK members/etc, I mean, he had his nose broke so O'Reilly probably ain't going to phase him.

I actually am less annoyed by Geraldo after watching that.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
Haha --wow, I was surprised how well Geraldo argued and held his ground against that moron --it helps that he used to have that infamous daytime talk show with KKK members/etc, I mean, he had his nose broke so O'Reilly probably ain't going to phase him.

I actually am less annoyed by Geraldo after watching that.

LOL

If O'Reilly is a moron, then why are you so surprised that Geraldo held his ground? :spock:

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
That seemed so fake! Was good though i have no idea who the bill guy is but i thought Geraldo pretty much, dare i say "owned" him.

Fighter123

Banned
Is it a act, most likely.

What side I'm on, Bills.

The illiegal got in trouble once and wasn't sent back, that's some bullcrap. Worse he had the nerve to go drunk and kill two people. I wish he should be deported, because now the girl's families have to deal with the pain of losing an loved one.

Fox News, sometimes fair, most of the time unbalance. :annoyed:

shweedie

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
That was great. Thanks for sharing it. I thought Geraldo sounded better informed on this one. Looks like Bill was surprised he was fighting with someone who actually knows the law.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
I thought Bill was right on with this one. This guy was already busted twice for alcohol, and again for identity theft, according to what I heard. If the Virginia authorities had prosecuted and deported him like they're supposed to, this incidient with the two girls wouldn't have happened. Simple as that.

Geraldo never sticks up for the law when it comes to illegal immigration. I remember seeing his short lived show "Geraldo At Large", where he basically said anyone who is in favor of deporting illegal immigrants is a bigot and a racist. It's such nonsense.

shweedie

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Zenimus said:
I thought Bill was right on with this one. This guy was already busted twice for alcohol, and again for identity theft, according to what I heard. If the Virginia authorities had prosecuted and deported him like they're supposed to, this incidient with the two girls wouldn't have happened. Simple as that.

Geraldo never sticks up for the law when it comes to illegal immigration. I remember seeing his short lived show "Geraldo At Large", where he basically said anyone who is in favor of deporting illegal immigrants is a bigot and a racist. It's such nonsense.

I agree with you. If someone is here illegally and commits a crime they should be deported. In this case though the virginia authorities did follow the law. The crimes this man had commited in the past were not "deportable" offences according to Virginia law. If Virginians are unhappy with this case they should change their laws. And yes Geraldo is totally biased when it comes to immigration.

aria

Former Moderator
ki_atsushi said:
LOL

If O'Reilly is a moron, then why are you so surprised that Geraldo held his ground? :spock:

Because O'Reilly is also a massive asshole and bully who doesn't let people get in a word edgewise. The "bludgeoning" approach can throw people off, hence Geraldo's previous experience dealing with blustering white supremacists and other assorted pre-Springer idiots helps when dealing with a more formalized version.

Best argument of the segment: drunk drivers come from all stripes and colors, and using immigration status as some kind of crutch for why it happened is completely illogical (especially in light of no statistical evidence that residency status has any correlation to drunk driving likelihood). There are plenty of logical connections that can be made to illegal immigration (whether or not they're particularly strong is another question), but this one seems to fall really low in terms of connection and high in the "let's just blame a wetback" syndrome.

aria

Former Moderator
Lastblade said:
It is just an act.

I disagree.

They're both used to debating, casting aside the issue of whether or not they debate well, anyone who's done forensics, other similar organization, or simply enjoys passionate debate knows that it's very easy to just "turn it off". Especially when you know the other debater personally.

EDIT: it also helps if your a hot-blooded culture like Italians, Greeks, Persians, etc...

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
Because O'Reilly is also a massive asshole and bully who doesn't let people get in a word edgewise. The "bludgeoning" approach can throw people off, hence Geraldo's previous experience dealing with blustering white supremacists and other assorted pre-Springer idiots helps when dealing with a more formalized version.

I don't agree with everything Bill O'Reilly says, but on the rare occasion I watch any of those types of news programs, I would prefer to watch his. Calling him a massive asshole is kind of eh...I like the approach he takes, and I personally don't see it as bullying. The problem is if you let a lot of these people talk freely, they will go off on tangents to avoid the initial question.

aria

Former Moderator
DangerousK said:
The problem is if you let a lot of these people talk freely, they will go off on tangents to avoid the initial question.

I completely agree with that statement, and frankly I avoid all news-talk/opinion shows like that because so few people know how to question. But I also find O'Reilly's methods (which are usually limited to his more extreme episodes that make news clips) to be a little sad. It's quite possible to use calmer, focused questioning to achieve the same means --it's just the difference between Larry King (always your friend... well, I did see him get a bit ornery with Howard Stern and Larry Flynt) and someone who's going to ask question that might be a bit tough (occasionally Jon Stewart), and those who can be super-calm but ask pretty incisive questions (Terry Gross, who actually caused Bill O'Reilly to walk out of the radio interview in an infamous case).

I miss calm discourse. TV is all about lowest-common-denominator information, with the best hope being parody shows --hence why I'm not the biggest fan of being called the "CNN" of this website, I'd prefer the Times.

Fighter123

Banned
Bobak, if O'Reilly doesn't let the guest speak too much, then why his raitings are the best against all the other news channel at the 8:00 P.M. slot?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
"This is JUSTICE and you want political anarchy!"

Oscar-worthy.

I'm not surprised they got nice at the end, it was a heated discussion is all.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
I disagree.

They're both used to debating, casting aside the issue of whether or not they debate well, anyone who's done forensics, other similar organization, or simply enjoys passionate debate knows that it's very easy to just "turn it off". Especially when you know the other debater personally.

EDIT: it also helps if your a hot-blooded culture like Italians, Greeks, Persians, etc...

By act, I don't mean like it is staged. We probably saw real emotions but they do this for a living (arguing on TV), they won't get personal because they are not supposed to. So to me, that's an act. I don't think you could have the same argument with your wife and then just end it like that.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Fighter17 said:
Bobak, if O'Reilly doesn't let the guest speak too much, then why his raitings are the best against all the other news channel at the 8:00 P.M. slot?

What?

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Ann Coulter would have called them both fags and won the debate.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
O'Reilly simply had it wrong, and Geraldo had it nailed when he spoke of how this was cheap political bullshit. The fact is, illegal immigrants commit crimes at LOWER rates than the rest of the population. Yes, the guy in question in this specific case was a scumbag, but his illegal immigrant status doesn't have much to do with it.

More red herrings from our retarded conservative corporate monkeys at Fox.

Geraldo's still an attention-whoring piece of shit, but he gets an ounce of respect for this little dust-up. O'Reilly isn't taken seriously by anyone anymore.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
StickmanLoser said:

Post of the thread.

Fighter17, one of the things you'll learn about all this is that you need to take your bad self to a few classes and read up before you go wading into shit that's way over your head kid.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Loopz said:
Geraldo's still an attention-whoring piece of shit, but he gets an ounce of respect for this little dust-up. O'Reilly isn't taken seriously by anyone anymore.

Actually, I would not say he isn't taken seriously by anyone.

Whether you agree with what he says or not, he carries a lot more weight than most news media personalities do these days.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
Bobak said:
Best argument of the segment: drunk drivers come from all stripes and colors, and using immigration status as some kind of crutch for why it happened is completely illogical (especially in light of no statistical evidence that residency status has any correlation to drunk driving likelihood). There are plenty of logical connections that can be made to illegal immigration (whether or not they're particularly strong is another question), but this one seems to fall really low in terms of connection and high in the "let's just blame a wetback" syndrome.

Best argument? What are you talking about? That argument completely misses the point of the discussion. Nobody said that residency status has anything to do with higher tendency to be involved with drunk driving, and your suggestion that the controversy of this issue is based on racism is ridiculous at best.

Do alcohol related fatalities happen frequently in every different ethnicity? Yes, nobody can deny that. The driver in this case just happens to be an illegal immigrant. The focus here is the fact that this illustrates a bigger point: If the driver hadn't been released back into the American public after building up a dangerous criminal record (which he never even received jailtime for, apparently), those girls wouldn't be dead right now.

This isn't a race issue, and for you to call it one is just plain false.