Bitcoin?

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I’ve only been in crypto for 6 months but some of the opportunities I’ve missed out on, namely ADA and Doge are depressing. Especially ADA as I was ready to throw significant funds into that in early Jan...

FUCK ME ALL TO HELL!!!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Don’t worry. Every pop is a pump and dump. You really think anyone gives a shit about ADA?

theMot

10 Year Member
Don’t worry. Every pop is a pump and dump. You really think anyone gives a shit about ADA?
No and that was my reason for not going in. What they were doing sounds interesting but when you really look at it there is nothing stopping Ethereum making improvements or another competitor doing the same. Still, would have been nice to ride the wave for 6-12 months.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I’ve only been in crypto for 6 months but some of the opportunities I’ve missed out on, namely ADA and Doge are depressing. Especially ADA as I was ready to throw significant funds into that in early Jan...

FUCK ME ALL TO HELL!!!
This crypto bullshit is just beginning. There will be others.

The story of dogecoin still perplexes me. It's literally worth nothing. And yet it is worth something.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

FUCK ME ALL TO HELL!!!
giphy.gif

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

FUCK ME ALL TO HELL!!!

ADA is surviving this correction. What you should be looking at now are the ones you were ignoring because they were at highs, but are now down in the dumps, because they will go back up again in a big way. So get in while there’s blood in the streets. Don’t ever fomo in.

If you’re just after profit, I’d be looking at those in the top 100 that have suffered worse and have a low price right now, such SC, VET, BTT, HOT... they’re my picks anyway, without looking at their fundamentals at all.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Musk is playing a game on crypto, as a side profit for Tesla , he probably knows Tesla prices are over Inflated padding it with alternative income asset will bring it down slowly hopefully not crash and burned If it does he can blame the lost in bitcoin.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Musk is playing a game on crypto, as a side profit for Tesla , he probably knows Tesla prices are over Inflated padding it with alternative income asset will bring it down slowly hopefully not crash and burned If it does he can blame the lost in bitcoin.
How are Teslas overinflated? Their prices are the most competitive among EVs. Tesla’s financials are great. If he only has 50000 bitcoins, he’s not the floor master.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Tesla’s stock price are trading at a p/e of over 600 , that pretty high even if you add in future earning and all the other things they are doing . Eventually the 600 p/e will come down, for that I don’t think their earning will catch up, so the price will have to come down. They have low debt ratio compared to other auto manufacturers buy they are also new and their market cap is more then all the major automakers combined, that’s a pretty big expectation .

Last edited:
Reactions: wyo

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
How are Teslas overinflated? Their prices are the most competitive among EVs. Tesla’s financials are great. If he only has 50000 bitcoins, he’s not the floor master.

Tesla vehicles are fine. He means the stock is overinflated, and I agree. They are in the bottom 100 of all stocks for P/E. That's dangerous for a stock with such a high profile.

Their EV dominance is unquestioned, but every manufacturer has a decent EV coming this year or next..... also... real trucks that average americans will buy are coming.

theMot

10 Year Member
As soon as the scales of economy improve for electric vehicles the established auto giants are going to rip off the head and shit down the neck of Tesla, their stock price will get flushed. Elon isn't doing his company any favours by crapping on Bitcoin either. I have no stats to back it up but I bet a lot of Tesla owners are also Bitcoin holders. He's doing a great job pissing off his customer base at the moment.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Tesla vehicles are fine. He means the stock is overinflated, and I agree. They are in the bottom 100 of all stocks for P/E. That's dangerous for a stock with such a high profile.

Their EV dominance is unquestioned, but every manufacturer has a decent EV coming this year or next..... also... real trucks that average americans will buy are coming.
Yeah I mean their stock price, also looking at future competition, I think even the big 3 is going to give Tesla a run for their money as they are pretty deep pockets, Tesla got some sales help from the us government on the ev rebates in the beginning as they are pretty much tops choice and lack of competition, but as new option of makes and model enter the market big or small . It will take from their market share because tesla is top dog They have more to loose and everyone have more to gain .

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Don't forget the only reason Tesla is even remotely viable is corporate welfare. And Musk is shaping up to be a classic American snake oil salesman and/or borderline insane. I give him 10 years before he goes full Howard Hughes.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
As soon as the scales of economy improve for electric vehicles the established auto giants are going to rip off the head and shit down the neck of Tesla, their stock price will get flushed. Elon isn't doing his company any favours by crapping on Bitcoin either. I have no stats to back it up but I bet a lot of Tesla owners are also Bitcoin holders. He's doing a great job pissing off his customer base at the moment.
He just happen to be at the right place and at the right time , Elon is good at what he does , a lot of things of what once was only a idea. Can be make In to reality ( like drones and EV ) with the innovation of the brushless motor and lithium battery technology in the pass 10-15 years . I think the automakers underestimate the global warming climate push from fossil fuel to Electric .

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Lot of people with HODL mentality with Tesla too. It definitely made some young people wealthy, but I think they are too stubborn to cash out and realize some real wealth.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
For those bummed about not investing in ADA before, ADA is going to be a long game crypto.

I wouldn't be surprised if it hits at least $100 after the next few years. Even if it doesn't reach that, it's worth throwing a few hundo at it at least.

That said, I'm also disappointed I didn't invest more into it back when it tanked down to 4 cents a coin. However, I bought some back in 2017 when it was about 30 cents and it's gonna chill for a long while.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Been hearing that for 3 years now. Now we have a soft mustang, Audi, Jaguar, Chevy bolt, off the top of my head, and none of them are very competitive price wise or features wise.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
For those bummed about not investing in ADA before, ADA is going to be a long game crypto.

I wouldn't be surprised if it hits at least $100 after the next few years. Even if it doesn't reach that, it's worth throwing a few hundo at it at least.

That said, I'm also disappointed I didn't invest more into it back when it tanked down to 4 cents a coin. However, I bought some back in 2017 when it was about 30 cents and it's gonna chill for a long while.

I'll bite. what makes ADA relevant at all?

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
ADA is surviving this correction. What you should be looking at now are the ones you were ignoring because they were at highs, but are now down in the dumps, because they will go back up again in a big way. So get in while there’s blood in the streets. Don’t ever fomo in.

If you’re just after profit, I’d be looking at those in the top 100 that have suffered worse and have a low price right now, such SC, VET, BTT, HOT... they’re my picks anyway, without looking at their fundamentals at all.
i'd stay away from all four of those, tbh.

Solana and Polkadot are my picks so I, with bias, think those are superior to those 4. Another one to consider would be Cosmos if you are looking for ETH Killer / Interoperability. Polkadot and Cosmos have been consolidating for a while.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
I'll bite. what makes ADA relevant at all?
Cardano/ADA is relevant because it is viewed as a potential "Ethereum Killer". It's main features are: the creator, Charles Hoskinson, was a co-founder of Ethereum (he only worked on the mechanics of the governance system. Vitalik and Gavin Woods were the true technical folks), it will solve the scalability issues facing Ethereum right now, and they have a peer review process for their whitepapers and code.

The whole peer review thing is a bit overblown, imo, but for the common layman it seems like a big thing. Any good project has their algorithms and designs and implementation peer reviewed to some degree. While this is all great and dandy, any developer that has a decent amount of experience in the industry knows that you can design everything, in your mind, perfectly but when it is put into production and at scale, you always run into unanticipated challenges that can ruin your careful design. There should be a balance between careful upfront design and production testing. There is a reason why the waterfall methodology failed miserably in software. Because of their approach, they are are smart contract blockchain that has existed for almost 5 years with no smart contract ability. Cardano is supposed to have smart contracts working sometime in the summer or fall, but, imo, they are missing a big opportunity to take advantage of Ethereum's current situation and their delays in the development of 2.0 to attract other projects into their ecosystem.

Full disclosure: I have a small stack of ADA bought about a year ago so, while I think it still has something to potentially offer, I think there are other eth-alternative projects that are in better position to capitalize on the current situation.