Bitcoin?

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Big jump today! Tesla have now put 15% of their cash, 1.5 Billion into Bitcoin. It's pretty much inevitable now that the rest of the sharp end of Wall street will have to take a position or risk looking like fools to their share holders as this could potentially 5-10x from here to December. Buckle up, it's going to be a wild ride.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Big jump today! Tesla have now put 15% of their cash, 1.5 Billion into Bitcoin. It's pretty much inevitable now that the rest of the sharp end of Wall street will have to take a position or risk looking like fools to their share holders as this could potentially 5-10x from here to December. Buckle up, it's going to be a wild ride.

Ponzi scheme invests heavily in pyramid scheme! What could possibly go wrong?

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member

It’s not investing .... and even if it a ponzi , As long as there are new buyers money entering it can keep going, ask Bernie.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I made $550 on Doge when I sold it. Never invested in anything: crytpo, stocks, nothing before. Doge seemed fun and even though I may have pulled the trigger too quick, I was too scared to stay in it as I kept reading how it was going to crash hard. But getting into it made me think about other cryptos and how I should invest. I'm so new to this and everything seems like a huge gamble and I've never been one to gamble on anything. When I considered buying some bitcoin last week I laughed about how I was only able to buy something like 0.00000027 of a coin or whatever.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Alt season just begun, now’s the opportunity for small investors to earn big.

And yes, it is very much a gamble.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Big money are coming in Visa/MasterCard and banks .....to the moon

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member

There is a lot of flipping in the crypto space. You should feel right at home when you decide to join us. :glee:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I made $550 on Doge when I sold it. Never invested in anything: crytpo, stocks, nothing before. Doge seemed fun and even though I may have pulled the trigger too quick, I was too scared to stay in it as I kept reading how it was going to crash hard. But getting into it made me think about other cryptos and how I should invest. I'm so new to this and everything seems like a huge gamble and I've never been one to gamble on anything. When I considered buying some bitcoin last week I laughed about how I was only able to buy something like 0.00000027 of a coin or whatever.

Your best bet is to get a cold storage wallet like a Ledger Nano S or a Trezor, buy bitcoin on dips and send it right to your offline wallet.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Big money are coming in Visa/MasterCard and banks .....to the moon

I don't see another trillion moving into the crypto space anytime soon. There's no use for bitcoin at the moment and it's not even regulated yet. Watch what happens when people start running out of money.

No COVID, bitcoin stays at less than $10k. People are bored.

Your euphoria is showing.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Your best bet is to get a cold storage wallet like a Ledger Nano S or a Trezor, buy bitcoin on dips and send it right to your offline wallet.

It has added security existing offline, but damn that would make me nervous.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I bought at 21k and I bought again at 44k

I didn't put that much either time, but it's nice to see money comeback to me

TonK

Least Valuable Player
It has added security existing offline, but damn that would make me nervous.

Honestly, i don't like bitcoin. A member here got me into it a while back. I made most of my money in 2017. But held some extra just in case. Exited at $33k and won't look back until it drops again.

It's useless.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Honestly, i don't like bitcoin. A member here got me into it a while back. I made most of my money in 2017. But held some extra just in case. Exited at $33k and won't look back until it drops again.

Believe me, i'm not some blind Bitcoin moon boy who thinks it will never dip again and I don't know how much you were holding or how much you made off it or even if you just made enough to achieve your goals but I think you exited very early at 33k.

I'm assessing the environment week by week and will likely exit completely whatever happens by early 2022 for tax reasons BUT I will consider pulling the pin earlier if we have a 5x run up in the first half of this year. The situation is evolving month by month though and I may hold past 2022 if it seems the risk of a huge correction is no longer likely to unfold. I still think the bigger risk is the stock/property markets though and not crypto. If either of those go bust then it will pull crypto down with it. It's pretty much an everything boom at the moment, eventually something will give and the dominos will start to tumble.

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
When you guys say exit, I hope you’re trading into USDT and not withdrawing into fiat, lol

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Believe me, i'm not some blind Bitcoin moon boy who thinks it will never dip again and I don't know how much you were holding or how much you made off it or even if you just made enough to achieve your goals but I think you exited very early at 33k.

I'm assessing the environment week by week and will likely exit completely whatever happens by early 2022 for tax reasons BUT I will consider pulling the pin earlier if we have a 5x run up in the first half of this year. The situation is evolving month by month though and I may hold past 2022 if it seems the risk of a huge correction is no longer likely to unfold. I still think the bigger risk is the stock/property markets though and not crypto. If either of those go bust then it will pull crypto down with it. It's pretty much an everything boom at the moment, eventually something will give and the dominos will start to tumble.

World stocks are $100t - all the gold in the world is $5-7t. Crypto is $1t.

It's gonna take a lot to double that.

I've done well on bitcoin, very well.

But I also lived though Mt. Gox, 2017 and 2018, so I'm cautious.

I'll always hold a few bitcoin and always have a plan.

Hope you do well.

When you guys say exit, I hope you’re trading into USDT and not withdrawing into fiat, lol

I take a 15% hit and cash out via a middleman. You know, my speciality.

I don't leave my money on exchanges.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Sounds like Tonk know what he’s doing.

Also, I lol’d hard at “my speciality”, I think it’s been long enough... ;)

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Sounds like Tonk know what he’s doing.

Also, I lol’d hard at “my speciality”, I think it’s been long enough... ;)

I'm scared of the inevitable carbon tax implemented on bitcoin since it uses the same amount of energy per year as Argentina.

This run up is driven by retail investors - the "institutional" hype is FOMO and when the plug gets pulled on the hyper inflated stock market, bitcoin will go where it belongs. @ $8500 - $22000

My charting shows a pattern forming EXACTLY like 2017-18 when bitcoin crashed and ethereum took off.

Be careful my friend. Nothing goes up forever.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
I'm scared of the inevitable carbon tax implemented on bitcoin since it uses the same amount of energy per year as Argentina.

This run up is driven by retail investors - the "institutional" hype is FOMO and when the plug gets pulled on the hyper inflated stock market, bitcoin will go where it belongs. @ $8500 - $22000

My charting shows a pattern forming EXACTLY like 2017-18 when bitcoin crashed and ethereum took off.

Be careful my friend. Nothing goes up forever.

how anonymous is it ? i think some way the tax man will find a way to get their share , like forcing exchange to take a cut and taxed for every transaction. like fucking ebay starting to tax everything for buyers .

yes holding cash dont do much against inflation so put it into a growing asset or back into the stock market , personally i dont own any bitcoin and it too expensive and volatile for my budget

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
how anonymous is it ? i think some way the tax man will find a way to get their share , like forcing exchange to take a cut and taxed for every transaction. like fucking ebay starting to tax everything for buyers .

yes holding cash dont do much against inflation so put it into a growing asset or back into the stock market , personally i dont own any bitcoin and it too expensive and volatile for my budget

The point of cryptocurrency is to be anonymous. Once we try to bridge crypto to fiat, we are no longer crypto, but simply Amazon coin or Warcraft gold.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
The point of cryptocurrency is to be anonymous. Once we try to bridge crypto to fiat, we are no longer crypto, but simply Amazon coin or Warcraft gold.

what stoping the Government from putting a squeezed on the exchanges to released that info ? like the way they did to the swiss banks, as before swiss banks was the go to place for people trying to hide their money . obviously the 1 trillion cap it getting big enough to garner some attention from us government . They might not fight against it but they sure will tax it .

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
what stoping the Government from putting a squeezed on the exchanges to released that info ? like the way they did to the swiss banks, as before swiss banks was the go to place for people trying to hide their money . obviously the 1 trillion cap it getting big enough to garner some attention from us government . They might not fight against it but they sure will tax it .

The government? As in “the us government”? Or the “the Canadian government”? Or “the Chinese government”?

How does Monero do it?