Bitcoin?

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
The government? As in “the us government”? Or the “the Canadian government”? Or “the Chinese government”?

How does Monero do it?

the US and China . canada ain't doing fuck all as pm Turdeau like to bend over and take it .

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
the US and China . canada ain't doing fuck all as pm Turdeau like to bend over and take it .

If any country can fiatize a crypto, it ceases to be true crypto to the philosophy of Satoshi and Hal. That's my point. So no one is really into crypto, as much as no one is really into SPACs, or pennystocks, or their Vanguard. They're just prospecting for treasure (some much faster than others). Profit is profit. But if we could have anonymity from state actors, we have something special.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
My charting shows a pattern forming EXACTLY like 2017-18 when bitcoin crashed and ethereum took off.

If your chart is that reliable then why aren’t you still in it? Could have almost doubled your money since you exited.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
If your chart is that reliable then why aren’t you still in it? Could have almost doubled your money since you exited.

I exited on the straight line. Still holding some.

$33k is a great return on my guess.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
I exited on the straight line. Still holding some.

$33k is a great return on my guess.

unless you are one of the ealy ones iam sure most people just sell when on the first wave of run up or the crash, would be hard to think someone held it from he begining without Realized some of the gains . many years ago i sold out at around $350 and brought a watch with it.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
unless you are one of the ealy ones iam sure most people just sell when on the first wave of run up or the crash, would be hard to think someone held it from he begining without Realized some of the gains . many years ago i sold out at around $350 and brought a watch with it.

I bought about 100 or so in 2012.

Sold most at $1000, some more at $17k and a few at $33k - still have a small handful.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
I bought about 100 or so in 2012.

Sold most at $1000, some more at $17k and a few at $33k - still have a small handful.

Exactly it’s a well planned move, I tend to do that with investment sell off on a pop and realized some of the gains and recovered the initial amount, then let the rest ride . Don’t always work but when it does you can sleep better at night ,and don’t have to worry about the price . I take all my money out of the market last week To realized some of the gains , will start to build a a new position over a 12 month usually average down lol , on it once the market settle a bit .

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Exactly it’s a well planned move, I tend to do that with investment sell off on a pop and realized some of the gains and recovered the initial amount, then let the rest ride . Don’t always work but when it does you can sleep better at night ,and don’t have to worry about the price . I take all my money out of the market last week To realized some of the gains , will start to build a a new position over a 12 month usually average down lol , on it once the market settle a bit .

I don't see bitcoin thriving at these levels.

BitPay wants $12 for a miner fee plus $5 on top of that to send.

You're left with $7 of bitcoin.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
One man moved billions of dollars with a tweet.

That man has a cult following.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If any country can fiatize a crypto, it ceases to be true crypto to the philosophy of Satoshi and Hal. That's my point. So no one is really into crypto, as much as no one is really into SPACs, or pennystocks, or their Vanguard. They're just prospecting for treasure (some much faster than others). Profit is profit. But if we could have anonymity from state actors, we have something special.

Back when I first heard of bitcoin (2010 or so), it was only liberty activists that were talking about it.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
One man moved billions of dollars with a tweet.

That man has a cult following.

could be because of his tweet...but it could be that bitcoin was overextended and still in price discovery with no real support.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member

Monero

Alphabet

Zero's Secretary
This is exactly what’s happen now when speculation drive the BTC value to extremes then, (will) collapse.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
This is exactly what’s happen now when speculation drive the BTC value to extremes then, (will) collapse.

You confuse collapse with correction and bearish market.

Come back and say you told me so when Bitcoin falls to 0, Nostradamus.

Alphabet

Zero's Secretary
No, I don’t confuse anything, I say collapse because it will. You’re talking about correction and bearish, not me.

I also don’t need to come back late this year to say BTC might fall to 0 or close to. I keep the technical explanation for myself.

Alphabet

Zero's Secretary
Yes, it’s something you may feel while you’re talking about something I never mentioned previously. You can’t understand. :glee:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yes, it’s something you may feel while you’re talking about something I never mentioned previously. You can’t understand. :glee:

There’s nothing to understand. You’re making brash statements and not able to back them up because you “keep the technical details to yourself”. Which means you’re a shit-talker.

So here I am putting you on the spot, why will Bitcoin collapse? Prove it to all of us. We’re waiting.

Alphabet

Zero's Secretary
First, you have to consider the definition of the money and what is the main purpose ?

Secondly, BTC is not a currency and has no intrinsic value. It’s a private fiat currency whose value is whatever the markets say it is (Elon Musk and his tweets for instance). It’s a bubble with excess of volatility which outperform any asset class and in a more dramatic manner, has surpassed all the performance compared to the former Madoff organization with his Ponzi scheme.

Thirdly, there is no real equilibrium. BTC can explodes and goes to infinity or implodes and falls to zero, even when the money stock remains fairly steady or does not change at all.

Fourthly, the fundamentals are not set: no cash flow, no return on assets, and no conservative gearing.

Furthermore, the value of the BTC is 0 or even negative.

Bonus:
. With the new Administration, Biden is seeking solutions to reduce the Carbon emission. He can create a Carbon Tax to the companies creating a massive hogging pollution. Which mean they use energy and furthermore, useful to mine BTC.
. Biden can sign an executive order saying 1 BTC = $1000 for example. To avoid any speculation through inflationary monetary policy purpose.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Which one is it, Bitcoin will explode or Bitcoin will collapse? You were meant to prove why Bitcoin would collapse as per you initial statement and all you have done is copy-paste the internet.

Thanks for wasting everyone’s time.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
First, you have to consider the definition of the money and what is the main purpose ?

Secondly, BTC is not a currency and has no intrinsic value. It’s a private fiat currency whose value is whatever the markets say it is (Elon Musk and his tweets for instance). It’s a bubble with excess of volatility which outperform any asset class and in a more dramatic manner, has surpassed all the performance compared to the former Madoff organization with his Ponzi scheme.

Thirdly, there is no real equilibrium. BTC can explodes and goes to infinity or implodes and falls to zero, even when the money stock remains fairly steady or does not change at all.

Fourthly, the fundamentals are not set: no cash flow, no return on assets, and no conservative gearing.

Furthermore, the value of the BTC is 0 or even negative.

Bonus:
. With the new Administration, Biden is seeking solutions to reduce the Carbon emission. He can create a Carbon Tax to the companies creating a massive hogging pollution. Which mean they use energy and furthermore, useful to mine BTC.
. Biden can sign an executive order saying 1 BTC = $1000 for example. To avoid any speculation through inflationary monetary policy purpose.

Yes, intrinsically BTC has no value in the physical sense. There are properties of Bitcoin that can be perceived as having value depending on how you view currency as it is today vs. what you see it can be in the digital future. But, the concept of currency is abstract in and of itself. Ultimately, people will adopt something as currency if enough people agree to accept it in exchange for goods and services.

Why would a currency need cash flow? It's not a fucking company, ya dipshit. Return on assets? How does the US dollar, on its own, provide a return on assets? Ya fuckwad. "Conservative gearing"...again you are throwing out terms that apply to companies. You are an idiot.

Your bonus points are stupid. Carbon credits themselves are just as much hocus pocus as cryptocurrency. The executive order wouldn't matter...Biden cannot dictate the value of something that is traded on a global level and outside the bounds of the US government.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
money isn't real.

In fact there are three freely convertible currencies in the Galaxy, but none of them count. The Altarian Dollar has recently collapsed, the Flainian Pobble Bead is only exchangeable for other Flainian Pobble Beads, and the Triganic Pu has its own very special problems. Its exchange rate of eight Ningis to one Pu is simple enough, but since Ningi is a triangular rubber coin six thousand eight hundred miles along each side, no one has ever collected enough to own one Pu. Nigis are not negotiable currency, because Galactibanks refuse to deal in fiddling small change. From this basic premise it is very simple to prove that the Galactibanks are also the product of a deranged imagination.

Last edited: