Bitcoin?

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Binance is a good example of this. People are clamoring that they can’t cash out their chips, being told to look for P2P in order to cash out. Just like a pyramid scheme. There needs to be more protection for investors. It makes me worry for the future of existing exchanges.
regarding binance, are you referring to US citizens that used binance.com using a vpn vs. binance.us like they are supposed to?

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Here’s a long morning rant

Just as Charlie munger said about Robinhood...it terrible to lure people in with the so call free commissions trading And from the look of Reddit’s Wall Street bets raise it’s actually bad news for traders the free advertising ( good or bad it’s still publicity eg kardashian effect ) will lure more fishes into the pool . There are markets maker whales that will wait for the right time to gobble them up.

Binance it’s boarderline mtgox , a bad political situation can cause some exchange to collapse eg turkey . As many of these are build on unstable foundation. in China look what happen to jack ma and ant and a few other tech .

A shakedown of crypto will start at the top exchanges or the bubble pop and it will cause a big domino . crypto are like daytraders wet dream. Heavy leverage weak hands will lead some panic selling and margins calls .

As for the weak hands Lot of crypto millionaire didn’t have to do much to obtain it , although some with little work, luck ,hacking or illegal means. So they will treat it as such easy come easy go ( like a gambler mentality of justifying a $1000 lost with initial capital of $10 that build up to $1000 ) these folk will swing for the fence and get rich or loose it all trying, almost all will loose it all .( a side thought that most of those reddit WSB folks are gamblers and some got their money thru bitcoin and crypto)
smart people, if they have a significant amount of crypto, would not keep their holdings on a centralized exchange. if they are keeping large sums on an exchange like that, then they deserve what they get especially with something like binance.com.

edit: by deserve, i mean to a certain level of responsibility one should take for either not knowing what they are investing in and the basics of good crypto practices.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
regarding binance, are you referring to US citizens that used binance.com using a vpn vs. binance.us like they are supposed to?
That’s a different issue. People who used Binance with vpn were sent messages to liquidate their positions. That was also fucked up. If I live in Russia, they shouldn’t force me to use .us.

another problem with Binance is the processing time to deposit funds and make transactions.

the entire system of crypto trading needs evolution fast. Lower processing times, lower gas fees, and regulatory penalties for any exchange that promotes pyramid schemes. BTC and ETH are established. But some other coins are straight up theft.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
That’s a different issue. People who used Binance with vpn were sent messages to liquidate their positions. That was also fucked up. If I live in Russia, they shouldn’t force me to use .us.

another problem with Binance is the processing time to deposit funds and make transactions.

the entire system of crypto trading needs evolution fast. Lower processing times, lower gas fees, and regulatory penalties for any exchange that promotes pyramid schemes. BTC and ETH are established. But some other coins are straight up theft.
well yes, at least 90% are either scams or dead ends with no future.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member

I think the long process time allows for some spread to tack on it taken off , Robinhood was pulling something of where a order is filled very slow and cost average more( due to change in price during that time ) as well compare to brokerage with fee like fidelity, say 1-5 cents adds up pretty quick it’s like that money siphoning round off in office space .

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I have a feeling that RH was shaving off pennies on HFT for the past 3 years.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Kicking myself for selling my DOGE at 40 cents. Should have stuck it out.

Oh well, considering I bought in when it was 5 cents, I did alright.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member

Would you have said the same when it tank ? Hindsight ... unrealized gain or lost it’s just number. Until the cash in your account . You can’t time the highs and low. But you sure can average up or down. Take some off the table as insurance . you want to gamble with your profit just take off half and let the rest ride .

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

You sure on that? Dogecoin is infinitely produced...

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Would you have said the same when it tank ? Hindsight ... unrealized gain or lost it’s just number. Until the cash in your account . You can’t time the highs and low. But you sure can average up or down. Take some off the table as insurance . you want to gamble with your profit just take off half and let the rest ride .

Well said. No one has ever lost money selling at a profit :D

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Not sure when to cash out on this DOGE I have left. I’m thinking of selling 50% of what I have when/if it hits $1. Then turning around and putting it into ETH.

I like DOGE for getting me into this arena but I think I’m hard gay for ETH now that I know more about crypto in general. Still, it’s funny to read experts pontificate on why it’s a shitcoin as it continues to go up...and up...and up lmao

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I wish I didn't sell doge so early, who the fuck would have thought it'd hit the heights it's hitting now?

I was at .18 and I was like, "fuck yeah, time to go!"

UFF!

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
dunno when it will be...but there will come a reckoning for doge. the newcomers in their discord are so facepalmingly idiotic that i can't see help but see a large contingent of them getting rekt.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Not sure when to cash out on this DOGE I have left. I’m thinking of selling 50% of what I have when/if it hits $1. Then turning around and putting it into ETH.

I like DOGE for getting me into this arena but I think I’m hard gay for ETH now that I know more about crypto in general. Still, it’s funny to read experts pontificate on why it’s a shitcoin as it continues to go up...and up...and up lmao
Yeah can't go wrong with ETH. but, i bought a couple ETH alternatives in case 2.0 gets delayed longer than i think it will take.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The link from Racecar is apparently about the IRS targeting Kraken, which is one of the first to offer DOGE. So, I imagine that the IRS is angling for that DOGE arb.

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
I bought $1,000 in doge today at 62 cents and now its valued at 72 cents...I hope Elon comments on it or they have a skit written for SNL..

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Missed the boat on that one, Again with all the scam and spam emails that I use to get in my folders I presumed this was just another one of them so ignored it But doing research recently and seeing how much even 1 coin is worth now compared to how much it would have cost. Its a real missed opportunity.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I bought $1,000 in doge today at 62 cents and now its valued at 72 cents...I hope Elon comments on it or they have a skit written for SNL..
It’s a sell the news moment. By the time the episode finishes, Doge could be $0.32.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Missed the boat on that one, Again with all the scam and spam emails that I use to get in my folders I presumed this was just another one of them so ignored it But doing research recently and seeing how much even 1 coin is worth now compared to how much it would have cost. Its a real missed opportunity.
No, it's not. It's equivalent to seeing a drunk granny win at a slot machine. The right move is always not to play, even if someone just hit the jackpot.