Bitcoin?

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
I think there going to be some turbulence coming to the crypto from the government side, once that Pass it smooth sailing again . Lots of speculation in play here but some token are value because they are needed and has a purpose like those exchanges like Binance and houbi and uniswap. doge , shiba. And other so call shit coin mean while it’s all speculation as long as they have exposure (Elon) they will keep getting their day in the sun

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Needless to say I shorted the fuk out of that too..
ok so who else is trading on the forum. Do we need a ~THE THREAD~ for this? I'm in equity and crypto, some futures but very little

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I thought about having a thread about this, but there’s already Reddit for that, which is super cringe as is.

I’m totally cool for talking investment strategy with you guys. But hate when I give any tips that go the wrong way. Hate to feel responsible for that.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
I thought about having a thread about this, but there’s already Reddit for that, which is super cringe as is.

I’m totally cool for talking investment strategy with you guys. But hate when I give any tips that go the wrong way. Hate to feel responsible for that.
Wasabi you're right about reddit cringe, here we're among old friends and it's a worthy topic I think.

Of course any investment talk is purely for idea generation and should not be interpreted as buy/sell signals.

There are important topics such as tax optimization, sector rotation, seasonality, potential macro economic catalysts etc..
other than what's the new hot speculative instrument (tho I'm intensely interested in that last part as well) :D

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Anyone in on Pancakeswap? I’ve put some money into $cake, letting it auto compound. I think this exchange will keep getting bigger while we’re in the bull run with the proliferation of shit coins, a lot of these are traded on the Binance smart chain. Should also keep growing until Ethereum proof of stake comes online and gas fees drops. Binance smart chain fees are only a few cents per transaction.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Anyone in on Pancakeswap? I’ve put some money into $cake, letting it auto compound. I think this exchange will keep getting bigger while we’re in the bull run with the proliferation of shit coins, a lot of these are traded on the Binance smart chain. Should also keep growing until Ethereum proof of stake comes online and gas fees drops. Binance smart chain fees are only a few cents per transaction.
I've heard about pancake swap but haven't used it that's a bit more involved u have to be aware of what has social sentiment traction. For crypto I use binance high leverage futures and just try to ID reversal or pivot points and take scalps on those. For investments or swings equities are less unpredictable

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Pancake swap is the medium through which alt makers dump their bags onto newbies

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Cumrocket so hot right now.

you know at 0.08 there will be a massive squeeze soon.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
this thing opened in april and its already gone parabolic twice 1623505306288.png

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Crypto...I WISH I NEVER FOUND THAT PLACE!!!! :LOL:
We’re going to test 20k. Your best bet is to DCA on the way down at key levels.

Don’t give in now, that’s what they want you to do.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Once the economy open up will see a adjustment in stocks and crypto. People been lock up And spend too much time online .

theMot

10 Year Member
We’re going to test 20k. Your best bet is to DCA on the way down at key levels.

Don’t give in now, that’s what they want you to do.
I was done buying back in early Jan. Will likely hold until the same time next year unless it looks like it has further to run.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I was done buying back in early Jan. Will likely hold until the same time next year unless it looks like it has further to run.
Why wait until it’s starting to run? That’s following the herd.

Bitcoin and Crypto have been reaching new highs consistently for the past 13 years, the only clincher is the the bearish sentiment lasts a lot longer than the bullish. It’s like the market is recovering from the best fuck of its life - you want to get in during that rest period, not when it’s ready to blow its load again…

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
this crash has been amazing to see especially since functionally dead blockchain projects were reaching unbelievable prices

theMot

10 Year Member
Why wait until it’s starting to run? That’s following the herd.

Bitcoin and Crypto have been reaching new highs consistently for the past 13 years, the only clincher is the the bearish sentiment lasts a lot longer than the bullish. It’s like the market is recovering from the best fuck of its life - you want to get in during that rest period, not when it’s ready to blow its load again…

Depends what else you are doing with your money and at what time. I still think crypto is too risky to just leave anything your're not prepared to lose in it. My strategy with this stuff I like to think of as medium term trades, ie leave money there for 12-18 months and then move out again. It's a good place to make money during the bull cycle and then move profits into real stores of wealth like property.

Don't listen to all that diamond hands bullshit and hodle forever bravado. That's fine for people who got in 7 or 8 years ago not for people playing now.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Depends what else you are doing with your money and at what time. I still think crypto is too risky to just leave anything your're not prepared to lose in it. My strategy with this stuff I like to think of as medium term trades, ie leave money there for 12-18 months and then move out again. It's a good place to make money during the bull cycle and then move profits into real stores of wealth like property.

Don't listen to all that diamond hands bullshit and hodle forever bravado. That's fine for people who got in 7 or 8 years ago not for people playing now.

I don’t see anything risky about Crypto as it has historically been going up for over a decade. Basically that is a long term hold, at any entry point, if you’re looking to make a quick profit then that’s when you’re at risk. If you hold and sell at the top of each bull wave then that’s when you’ll realise profits, if you buy in during tbat wave and don’t sell at the top then you’re waiting a number of years for the next bull-cycle. Unless you’re willing to trade in between Wyckoff distribution and shorting but you’re likely to get rekt. If you’re jumping in when The Project are reporting on it you’re already too late. You buy in when the sentiment is grim and there’s blood in the streets. 1 0 1.

I don’t listen to any Crypto-Bros or flash in pan opinions, I’ve been in this for a number of years to develop my own strategies and so far it’s paying off. I feel I am very safe with how I’ve invested in Crypto, I haven’t lost because I haven’t sold, if at certain points the value of my portfolio is less than my total capital investment, I don’t consider that a loss, because I haven’t sold.

Holding forever makes no sense. Diamond hands is just those who can psychologically accept when the market plummets and know it will reach greater highs at some point in the future - because they missed realising profits in the current run. It makes sense, it just depends on how patient you are. Where will it be in another ten years and are you willing to wait that long or do you feel you’ll realise better profits in “real stores of wealth” in the short term, is the question, I guess…

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Bitcoin has not historically being going up for a decade. It was consistently under $300 5 years ago. We are currently in the longest economic expansion cycle / boom in modern history. When this bubble finally breaks, there's a good chance crypto value will disintegrate. Historically, the most volatile investments are the ones that crater as capital flees to safe havens. The last time there was a crash, crypto did not exist. We are in uncharted territory at this point but if a market crash is combined with governments cracking down on crypto trading and other negative conditions, how on earth do you see it remaining viable, let alone valuable? Real currencies are backed by governments and financial systems. There will be no bitcoin bailouts.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Bitcoin has not historically being going up for a decade. It was consistently under $300 5 years ago. We are currently in the longest economic expansion cycle / boom in modern history. When this bubble finally breaks, there's a good chance crypto value will disintegrate. Historically, the most volatile investments are the ones that crater as capital flees to safe havens. The last time there was a crash, crypto did not exist. We are in uncharted territory at this point but if a market crash is combined with governments cracking down on crypto trading and other negative conditions, how on earth do you see it remaining viable, let alone valuable? Real currencies are backed by governments and financial systems. There will be no bitcoin bailouts.

I disagree. It’s value started at nought and has risen from there, so I stand by my statement. Just because it has risen parabolic in the last five years does not discredit my point.

What you’re bringing to the table now with a complete financial crash is not what we’re talking about, but sure if / when that happens, everything will be affected, and the world will reassess itself. Everything is relative. Perhaps Mother Nature will take care of us soon enough and those remaining will be killing each other for a cup of water and a half can of petroleum and we’ll be trading in Bottle Caps.

theMot

10 Year Member
Those are all good points and is further why I only view this as a medium term play. In and out, make your money and store it somewhere safer. You're leaving a lot of money on the table by accepting 80% crashes and being ok with it. IMO governments being sceptical and the top elite wealthy is probably the biggest issue of them all. For crypto to grow it's going to have to step on a lot of very sharp toes along the way. It's not just about what's right or wrong it's about egos and very rich powerful people who want to crush it because they feel they missed the boat.

Facebook is a good example of this, Zuckerberg. Do you ever see Zuck being accepting of Bitcoin? I don't because if he does it would elevate the Winklevoss twins who were very early adopters (He stole the idea for facebook from them then sued) much higher up the wealth chain probably even eclipse his own wealth. It's in his and many others elites best interest to crush this thing as much as possible.