Black Friday 2020

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I would love to have one of those Peloton treadmills but would go for something like a Sole F80 if I could get a really good deal. Just keeping a bunch of things in my amazon cart incase the price drops. Not really looking at any videogame stuff this year.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I would love to have one of those Peloton treadmills but would go for something like a Sole F80 if I could get a really good deal. Just keeping a bunch of things in my amazon cart incase the price drops. Not really looking at any videogame stuff this year.

Peloton is a gyp. You overpay for a piece of equipment then you buy a subscription for classes.

Just get a standard treadmill, put a tv in the room and watch tv shows while you work out.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Peloton is a gyp. You overpay for a piece of equipment then you buy a subscription for classes.

Just get a standard treadmill, put a tv in the room and watch tv shows while you work out.

Yea my wife keeps bringing it up to me. I usually don't go for that gimmicky stuff. I also don't like that they don't fold. I'll just keep an eye out for a deal to pop up.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
OK OK...

On a left field sorta thingy...

"Black Friday" is sorta hurting my SJW feelings...

It's not only wascist but refers to the Robinsoe Crusoes "Companion"....

xROTx

PS. This is the New Rot... kind and caring... and with a sense of Social Justice... MAKE IT SO NG.cum!

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member

The Tonal Home Gym is is another example and one I am sure plenty of Peloton owners would also purchase. $3,000 for a two handle wall mounted pulley system with a 'smart' screen.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The Tonal Home Gym is is another example and one I am sure plenty of Peloton owners would also purchase. $3,000 for a two handle wall mounted pulley system with a 'smart' screen.

It’s a black mirror product.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
A few years ago I bought a Sole elliptical around the holidays. Can’t remember what we paid but it was definitely reasonable and we got a good discount as well. It feels like a quality build and still works great, no issues after consistent use years later. Might not be great if you are hardcore, but suits our needs just fine.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
The last computing/tablet device I bought was 9 years ago, so we’re long overdue.
Posting this from an iPad 2. I built my PC back in 2012 and don't plan to upgrade as long as DDR5 isn't readily available and affordable.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'll probably pick up a larger micro SD. And maybe a Neuro Fuzzy.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
When it comes to office desks, go big. I got one that was 60x30”, with the telescopic feature, from wayfare, and it felt too small. I ended up giving it to my wife.

I see a lot of workout machines on the Nextdoor app. Some great deals, but only thing I am in the market for would be a elliptical (maybe a high end rower)

I'm open to specific recommendations on office desks. I've got ~72" of space width-wise to work with and was planning on maxing that out. My current desk fits 2 27" monitors pretty comfortably but leaves room for little else so I was likely going to go big anyway (something with more depth and/or an L-shaped) so I can accommodate my work shit as well as act as a space to do hobby-related tinkering.

And yeah, keeping my eye on CL/Nextdoor/etc. Already have an elliptical but looking for a weight bench/weight machine.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Keeping an eye out for a new pressure washer and one of those JBL boomboxes.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Black Friday digital sales have begun on Playstation Store and Microsoft Store. If you do the digital thing like me, this is the time to pick up older and some newer games on the cheap. They usually have some good stuff around Christmas week as well. Got Gears 5 yesterday for $10 yesterday.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Also, if you're a member of the Pc Master race, there are some really good deals on the Origin app.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I just bought 9 more 3DS games from GameStop.com (Ultimate NES Remix, Scribblenauts Unlimited, LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens, SEGA 3D Classics Collection, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Starfox 64 3D, Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D, One Piece: Ultimate World Red, and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate.) They had a buy 3 get 1 free deal, so, I got 2 of those for nothing, saved $21.57, received free shipping, and paid $111.65 for the whole shebang, tax included. I was going to buy RPG Maker Fes too, but, while I like the idea, I know I'm not going to put in the time to make an RPG from scratch (even if you don't own the game, you can still download and play other people's creations for free in the Nintendo eShop though, which was awfully nice of the game's developer/publisher). Actually, now that I think about it, I could make a RPG about LoneSage's epic quest to get his whip back and make y'all NPCs.

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
$1.99 for 12 months with Hulu

That's fair to me.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I purchased alot of pc upgrades on amazon.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
So Black Friday came and went...I realized earlier this is the first year since I started working that I didn’t buy anything for myself. Really the only thing on my radar was Forza Horizon 4 for $15 but by the time I checked online it was sold out. Some places have it for $20 still but fuck that shit!

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I had Black Friday chemotherapy, but, I'm pretty certain there was no discount. The two nurses that worked on me were elderly, so, free GILF nurse fantasies maybe?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
So Black Friday came and went...I realized earlier this is the first year since I started working that I didn’t buy anything for myself. Really the only thing on my radar was Forza Horizon 4 for $15 but by the time I checked online it was sold out. Some places have it for $20 still but fuck that shit!

No point in buying a bare bones game like Horizon 4 without the add ons. Your much better off buying a digital version with all the extras for a little more vs paying extra for it later.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I got a Switch Pro controller for $10 off and got a sweatshirt and t-shirt. Exciting times.

Got $70 off the Embr Wave for my dad.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
No point in buying a bare bones game like Horizon 4 without the add ons. Your much better off buying a digital version with all the extras for a little more vs paying extra for it later.
The real winning move is to get Gamepass on sale and download Forza for free.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The real winning move is to get Gamepass on sale and download Forza for free.

Yea, if Gamepass is on sale it might be worth it for some. I just don't like paying for one of these rental services because sometimes I might not play a game on my ps4 or xbox one for a month or two. I prefer to own the game and go back to it whenever I want without paying a yearly or monthly fee. To me it's a waste of money. I have PSNow and hardly use it. I'm the kind of guy who plays in spurts. Sometimes I play the same game for days or weeks and sometimes I won't play for months. I think PSnow and Gamepass are geared more towards people that play daily or weekly.