BLAST CITY CAB! Amazing condition!

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Dudes, although it pains me to let it go. I think I am ready to liquidate another prized cab in my pursuit for a home recording studio.

Hokuto1.jpg

A Sega Blast City!

The cab is in near mint condition. It has a six button control panel and is currently wired for Atomiswave. I can't even begin to tell you how sexy this cab is, the ONLY reason why I am getting rid of it is to get cash to help get my studio off the ground.

I am asking 1050 for this cab. The price reflects the fact that the cab is in perfect condition and the monitor has absolutely ZERO SCREEN BURN. I don't think I have ever heard of another blast in the states with no screen burn. In case you don't know the monitors in Blast Cities are the finest monitor in any arcade cabinet ever.

I will ship the cab but I will not deliver it anywhere and the buyer must handle ALL shipping fees and communications. I will accept money orders and paypal. If you pay with paypal you must cover the fees.

Please contact me with any questions.

Honestly, this is probably the best model of cabinet on earth.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
If you are selling the Astro City in the picture, i'll let one of my friends know, as he is looking for one as nice as you describe yours to be.

EDIT: You updated the picture to a Blast. If you decide to sell the Astro, I know of someone who would be interested. Good luck!

NipRing

The Shlonginator,
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Damn, i want that sooo bad!! Funds are scarce right now :mad:. If you still have it in 30 days, i can come and get it.

jonny419

Super Sidekicks 3
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
this might be the cherriest Blast City in the states right now. if this was yesterday it would be sold.

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
It does have a bill changer installed on the right side (not my work). However this cab was only on location for a few months due to it's original bass fishing controls being broken. So the monitor is pristine. I know toshiba tri-rez monitors go for about 600-700 brand new and they aren't even as nice as the nanao in this cab. Honestly it's just one of those rare cases where everything worked out perfectly. This really is the nicest cab I have ever owned/played/been around.

thchardcore

Another Striker
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
They are over 900 at the best price possible actually :(, but yeah, I would say that looks nicer than my Blast for the simple fact you have the original monitor in there, I was forced to put a New Astro monitor in mine, but I couldn't be happier. I also have your custom Marque on mine as well :)

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Do you guys know where I can get one of those Toshiba rigs you're talking about? I've been sorta looking for a Toshiba Tri-Sync Chassis.

Good luck with your sale. Thats a pretty clean cabinet, hope it goes to a good home.

cgbartek

Crazed MVS Addict
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Wow, a Blast City with no tube burn is pretty rare indeed. And I love the official CPO, I'm guessing that's a custom job?

Too bad about the bill changer on the side though, that's like a nasty tumor. :crying: What sick operator thought that was a good idea? Looks like there's a crack in the outer panel too? They all have that problem too unfortunately. Stupid kids sat on them I guess.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I saw that crack too...my astro city has one :(

I wonder why the guy didn't just put it in the door like everyone else does. The rest of the cab looks very clean though! I miss my blast :(

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
DAMN, I want that thing so bad but there's no possible way I'd be able to explain that one to the wife. So close too. Good luck, that's a beauty.

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
That's a very mint looking Blast City. I really want to own one, but I think the bill changer on the side ruins it for me. I'd keep looking at it, unintentionally, like one looks at a handicapped person. I don't want to but I can't help it.

NipRing

The Shlonginator,
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
If you only knew how much its killing me that i dont have the $$$ right now:mad::(:crying:. Serioulsy, if its actually still available Nov 1, i'll be driving in from Milwaukee cash in hand.
Damn. Damn. Damn. Damn. Damn.........

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
What really hurts is this is in my city and I could come get it easily. Would you take $100.00 a week payments?

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
Nice fuckin' cab, prstine! Bar none! I'm very jealous man......:drool:

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thinking of locking to a hold situation, if you are interested, you should probably act soon.

NipRing

The Shlonginator,
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Well, its been almost a year and finally i have it back in original condition. I dont blame the seller but there were a number of things that were wrong and one or two that were horriblbly wrong. Most noteably was a very specific 60 pin main harness that somebody decided it would be a good idea to cut off the 2 12 pin female connectors that P1 and P2 harnesses plug into, leaving 24 wires of varying colors (2 of which were white and 2 were black) for me to figure out which went to which player, and then which wire did what.....extremely frustrating :hammer::oh_no:. Control panel had that crack on the right side, the coin door had a hole drilled into it, the cash box had no key so i had to drill that out, the coin insert was missing, ect. I know in the above pictures everything looks awesome and ready for gaming fun but when i got it home i had to deal with this
IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

Well I'm happy to say that as of this weekend, its working...the right way. I've replaced the entire contoll panel with a non-cracked unit. I've added the Sega 001 jamma harness. I've replaced that wiring mess under the CP with both correct P1 and P2 sega harnesses. And by a pure act of God there was a Blast in rough shape for sale on ebay about 2000 miles away that didnt sell. I contacted the buyer about parting it out and he said that he'd do it :drool:. I contacted many many people over the last year for the 60 pin sega harness with no luck until I found this particular Blast owner.
IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

Blasphamy maybe, i prefer teh romz, but bastardizing never, all correct Jamma wiring playing nice with a jpac.

Last edited:

NipRing

The Shlonginator,
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Sorry for bumping this 1 year old thread and NO its not for sale but i wanted to show what i got and what i had to do to get it in true "Amazing!!" condition. I couldnt get the original posted pics and my new pics into a new thread in the Arcade forum. But i would appreciate it if a MOD could move this there for any further discussion.
On a side note, once i finally got the cash box door open the play counter showed 4341 plays. She's barely broken in:buttrock:

Last edited: