Blast City Club

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
The S plate wont work on the Sanwa panels.. Kowal's flat plate will mount seimitsu sticks on Sanwa plates.

mesmer

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Thanks, I'll just order some VF plate LS-56's then.

So next question. What do I gotta do if I wanna convert this thing to US quarters? Not sure if I wanna just buy some Yen or convert it.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Thanks, I'll just order some VF plate LS-56's then.

So next question. What do I gotta do if I wanna convert this thing to US quarters? Not sure if I wanna just buy some Yen or convert it.

You just adjust the coin accepter to accept the right size coin. There are some guides online, but I hear it's easy to figure out once you're looking at it.

Edit: I just free play everything, or insert coins via service button, but this url should help:
https://youtu.be/09J4fO1yC8w

Last edited:

Pasky

Got my blast in this week, had to clean the control panel up as it had rust out of the ass and under the overlay also:

Took a 5 Inch wire wheel brush and removed all the rust and repainted it.

Ordered a new overlay from Ken and got in the buttons and sticks I ordered.

I can't get my Ninja Baseball Batman board to boot up on it though. Anyone have issues with Irem M92 boards on blast city's? I checked it has 5.04V at the PCB and 11.90V on the 12V rail at the PCB. Game works perfect on my supergun but only get a black screen on the blast. I checked if the color was just dark but it's just a black screen, no audio.

Last edited:

Pasky

Alright just tried my Japanese M92 with Undercover Cops and it works fine. I'm guessing it's something on my Korean M92 the blast doesn't like. Anyone ever heard of this?

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Alright just tried my Japanese M92 with Undercover Cops and it works fine. I'm guessing it's something on my Korean M92 the blast doesn't like. Anyone ever heard of this?

Just talking out my ass here, but -5v maybe? I can't remember if the blast provides it.

Pasky

Ya they were, it was only Ninja Baseball Batman (Korean) M-92 that wasn't.

Pasky

Anyone know any replacement speakers for blast? Even ones that require minor modifications. Not interested in buying a used pair, want a brand new set that will fit or be close to fitting. Thanks.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Anyone know any replacement speakers for blast? Even ones that require minor modifications. Not interested in buying a used pair, want a brand new set that will fit or be close to fitting. Thanks.

Playitamusements has them

Pasky

Got the new overlay in this week, and put it on and it looks great now.

I also picked up 2x adjustable leather (fake leather) piano benches for $19 each and they work fucking great. They're the perfect height, they go 42/47/51 CM and at 42 they're just the right height to get underneath the control panel. I was expecting them to be real 'cheapy' but the cushion is actually really thick and comfortable. Anyone looking for a nice stool and doesn't wanna pay $50+ bucks, these will do the trick.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261629298459

Last edited:

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Got the new overlay in this week, and put it on and it looks great now.

I also picked up 2x adjustable leather (fake leather) piano benches for $19 each and they work fucking great. They're the perfect height, they go 42/47/51 CM and at 42 they're just the right height to get underneath the control panel. I was expecting them to be real 'cheapy' but the cushion is actually really thick and comfortable. Anyone looking for a nice stool and doesn't wanna pay $50+ bucks, these will do the trick.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261629298459

Nice find on those stools, they look great!

Pasky

Ya they're really comfortable. The foam is really thick on them, didn't expect them to be so nice for $19 but pleasantly surprised!

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
2 Years ago I began this journey after trading a few games to a guy on craigslist for the empty shell of a Blast City. Since then, I've collected parts from the 4 corners of the world, been through many highs and lows, and experienced the woe that is finding a monitor and chassis at the right price. Now I can finally say that I have a working Blast City :D

View attachment 24450

View attachment 24451

Huge shout out to Eczangief, Chempop, and Jassin000 all of whom were a huge help to me at 1 or more times during my search for parts. Shout out to GrantSpain for some great advice regarding monitors. It's good to be an official member of the Blast City Brotherhood!

That's so cool man. Your story reminds me a LOT of mine. I've still yet to post mine on here because it's just not quite complete yet. I got mine a few years ago in Miami at an estate auction for $10. The monitor was busted though, looked like someon had jammed a pen directly throught the monitor glass, dead center, no joke. So a WG D9200 set me back a couple hundred. Then got a CP, Then cleaned and replainted parts of her, and now Im only missing the back part/marquee light piece but Ive got that on lock! Then I finally figured out what game I want to put in it and it's going to be quite unique, Ill be sure to post pics as I start the project. But I just wanted to say I know the feeling of slowly building up a blast! It's like having a rusty old project car you make a trailer queen out of =]

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
800 and plays blind? That guy is out of his flipping mind.

But...but...THE SUROUND-O-MATIC SPEAKERS!!

This boob is local to me. I have half a mind to check it out. I've never had a Blast...could the blank screen be because the monitor is switched to 15k, as opposed to 31k?

If so, I may try and scoop this for well under his asking price.

I mean, "the television inside is broken."

Last edited:

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
But...but...THE SUROUND-O-MATIC SPEAKERS!!

This boob is local to me. I have half a mind to check it out. I've never had a Blast...could the blank screen be because the monitor is switched to 15k, as opposed to 31k?

If so, I may try and scoop this for well under his asking price.

I mean, "the television inside is broken."

Could be set to the wrong video input via DIP in the control panel, I guess. E.g. video input over JAMMA but set to VGA input.

If it was just set to the wrong refresh rate, you'd probably get some sort of rolling image.