Blast City Club

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Could be set to the wrong video input via DIP in the control panel, I guess. E.g. video input over JAMMA but set to VGA input.

If it was just set to the wrong refresh rate, you'd probably get some sort of rolling image.

Yep, I can confirm that it at least isn't off on the refresh rate. I put 15khz into mine when it was set for 31khz. Definitely looks a bit strange.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Anyone know how to adjust the rgb and other convergence items on the chassis for the auto multi sync monitors? Mine doesn't have the dip switch to select. I tried the 3 pots on the back of the chassis on the service door but none of them seems to affect color and the one in the middle I wasn't sure, the one on the right adjusted the h size. I checked the manual don't see anything for RGB adjustments.

Anyone have any idea? I may just recap this chassis, would appreciate if someone has a cap list so I don't have to pull it and make a list myself and can just order it. Thanks.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
You have a 2931 right? It's in the extended service menu, if I'm not mistaken you access by holding the two right buttons for a couple of seconds.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Do you have the chassis with the on screen adjustment interface? I just got one myself and Pipes was telling me that there is a way of accessing advanced adjustment settings on screen. Haven't looked into it further, but it seems there is a way.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Anyone know how to adjust the rgb and other convergence items on the chassis for the auto multi sync monitors? Mine doesn't have the dip switch to select. I tried the 3 pots on the back of the chassis on the service door but none of them seems to affect color and the one in the middle I wasn't sure, the one on the right adjusted the h size. I checked the manual don't see anything for RGB adjustments.

Anyone have any idea? I may just recap this chassis, would appreciate if someone has a cap list so I don't have to pull it and make a list myself and can just order it. Thanks.

MS-2931_cap-map.jpg

And for those that own the manual sync chassis (MS-2930), here is the cap map for it: http://www.arcade4home.com/BlastCity/MS-2930_cap-map.jpg

Last edited:

Pasky

Excellent thanks so much!

It's the right most button, you hold it for about 5 seconds then you get the 'Extend menu'. Already did best I could with the menu, looks better now. Still want to recap it to be safe, maybe the colors will pop more with fresh caps. Thanks again guys.

Last edited:

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Excellent thanks so much!

It's the right most button, you hold it for about 5 seconds then you get the 'Extend menu'. Already did best I could with the menu, looks better now. Still want to recap it to be safe, maybe the colors will pop more with fresh caps. Thanks again guys.

All the Nanao chassis I have capped always had better color after a capkit, definitely worth the effort if you think the caps are pretty aged.

Pasky

Anyone know where I can get a Sega 2L12B adaptor? James was awesome and made me a CPS2 kick harness for my blast but I still have a problem with games that use button 4 and 5 from the jamma finger (Jamma+). Need one of these adapters, dont give a shit if it's original or not as long as it plugs in and works.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Anyone know where I can get a Sega 2L12B adaptor? James was awesome and made me a CPS2 kick harness for my blast but I still have a problem with games that use button 4 and 5 from the jamma finger (Jamma+). Need one of these adapters, dont give a shit if it's original or not as long as it plugs in and works.

I can make you one.. basically you want buttons 4 and 5 from the edge (and the CP harness) to be connected to the first two kick buttons, right?

temporary_zpsdwlfsv82.jpg

Last edited:

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
I can make you one.. basically you want buttons 4 and 5 from the edge (and the CP harness) to be connected to the first two kick buttons, right?

temporary_zpsdwlfsv82.jpg

pretty cool idea Lem, using panel mount female AMP connectors, you mount that inside the cab instead of under the panel. clean look !

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
MS2930 chassis from the missus for my birthday :)

cKhlGGM.jpg

Stoked to have a spare!! :buttrock:

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Pm'ed you, not sure if the guy has one left or not.

Was able to pick up the other chassis thanks to Kuze! So pumped, I have only had one opportunity to pick up a spare since I have had a cabinet and lost out by a few seconds.

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
where might one purchase one of these machines in the bay area? or perhaps sacramento? Or will I need to head south?