Blast City Club

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Yeah scene two people make that comment on Klov recently :-) came to the right place though as everyone rips those parts out who picks one up haha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

really ?? wow. that's beyond facepalm...

Spoiler:

Facepalm_(1).png

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Actually im being serious. I bought a Bass Fishing kit a few years ago here but didn't want to cooperate w/ my Blast City. The fishing reel was pretty jacked up too & buttons/stick sticks....Its annoying but playable. Now that i was able to obtain another Blast, screw head2head, i want my Bass Fishing. Someone hook me up, i know there are a lot of Bass Fishing that got converted.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Someone hook me up, i know there are a lot of Bass Fishing that got converted.

you're hurting my salty champs here....

in all seriousness, I'd just give you the thing if I still had it, the ffb controller was dead so we left it with the guy who sold us the cab.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Uh... Maybe its just me, but I played that fishing game once. I thought it sucked big time.
Like so bad, even if it didn't come in a Blast body I would have ripped it from the cab anyway.
Removed the program board and replace it with a Virtua Fighter 3 board (the best game on Model 3 step 1 IMO).

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
You either like fishing games or you don't. I used to play one on the N64 a bunch. Sega also produced the dreamcast fishing reel so it had to be relatively popular.

If I already plenty of blasts I'd definitely be interested in the bass version. They're probably rare or headed on their way to being extremely rare anyways.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
I got it all hooked up but i still wante a better fishing rod. 10750066_4820528367253_3766479756734440751_o.jpg

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Damn never knew about that, is that your Bass Fishing? Sell it to me!

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Damn never knew about that, is that your Bass Fishing? Sell it to me!

Not mine, I lifted that shot from Code's post.
Far as I know all USA Bass Blasts had that support bar.
If you really want a "proper" conversion you've gotta get one.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
I just want to play it, i dont think it will break, i have a spare cp case though but thanks for the heads up on the support brace.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
the fishing panel is very heavy and torquing the rod ( :keke: ) can easily crack/break the cp case. my buddy has a bracket in his basement if you need it just pay for shipping I guess.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
I also doubt it will break, but its so iconic to the Bass Blast... I could spot a conversion miles away by looking for the carriage bolts people used to block off the holes left in the body when removing that brace.

Its really the quickest way to tell if your looking at a real JPN Blast or a USA conversion. I've also used it to justify low ball offers on them... After all conversions are worth less money, sorry conversion owners but I stand by that statement.

Also, while I'm ranting on the subject of conversions and likely alienating fellow club members... Nothing pisses me off more then seeing Net City, Astro City, Naomi Uni, etc CP's on Blast cabs.

Blast cabs deserve Blast CP pure and simple. Yes its just a overlay, but the marquee is just a insert, the move strip is just a insert... Why bother to have any of it, if its not original or at least a reproduction of an original.

My cab has been gutted inside, I understand my point of view can be discounted by this fact. I however maintain my cabs integrity because its body IS 100% original JPN Blast with no substitution or reproduction. [/rant]

:-J

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Nothing pisses me off more then seeing Net City, Astro City, Naomi Uni, etc CP's on Blast cabs.

Blast cabs deserve Blast CP pure and simple. Yes its just a overlay, but the marquee is just a insert, the move strip is just a insert... Why bother to have any of it, if its not original or at least a reproduction of an original.

My cab has been gutted inside, I understand my point of view can be discounted by this fact. I however maintain my cabs integrity because its body IS 100% original JPN Blast with no substitution or reproduction. [/rant]

:-J

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Jtripplezero-plz, let the door hit yuo on teh wei out.

:keke:

@ skate: well played, m'man!

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Yeah I switch panels out when I feel like playing with a different stick or button layout. I don't really care if it's a net, blast, astro or blank.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
I also doubt it will break, but its so iconic to the Bass Blast... I could spot a conversion miles away by looking for the carriage bolts people used to block off the holes left in the body when removing that brace.

That's because people don't take time to do a conversion justice. Want to not make it look ugly as sin with carriage bolt? Use bondo and fill the holes, then sand it down. Much better looking that carriage bolts. But to each their own.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
My holes are open cause my cabs are meant for playing, that and I put in bass fishing on occasion to play it when buds are over.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
But to each their own.

Yes this exactly... Look my expression of opinion is just that, and only that. I knew as I was typing it that it wouldn't be a popular view. I'm also not attempting to call any one out for how they feel or what they do with the items they own and the enjoyment of said items. Sometimes I express a point of view that's shared, people like that, sometimes not. I wanted to be honest, but also give the disclaimer (the part Skate bolded) to say look I might just be totally off my rocker on this.

I actually really like Skate BTW, did you guys know he helped me out allot with a Sega Genesis composite sync problem I was having. I followed his advice which was spot on... So if he says "shut the fuck up" well I guess I'm going to take that advice as well (even tho I don't feel expressing my personal view was in any way wrong).

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Anyhooo, i guess no one here has one for sale...Damn i thought this was the best option, guess im going to hit KLOV next. Thanks for the offer codecrank but im just going to leave it as is or just wait on a Blast City that's actually already a Bass Fishing setu. Also, i've played it a few times & i dont think it will break off...Its not out on business, will be personal use so it should be ok.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Haha what is even happening in here?

Also, the reason why it’s helpful to slightly loosen the nuts on the monitor cage is because you have to align it with bolts in the cab which can be a tight fit in yoko or tate. You might not even be able to set it into place unless the frame is loosened enough to adjust and wiggle.

Ahh that's a very good tip, pulling the thing out, getting it rotated, then not being able to place it on the bolts would be awful. Also REZ, man it's been years, I bet that's fun on a cab.

Welcome to the club! If you need controller hacks, lemme know :)

I have heard! Actually I've watched a good chunk of your youtube videos, I definitely will.

welcome, mate !

btw a naomi + netdimm + jamma io is actually less than buying a dreamcast , vga box and pad hack ;)

Ok you've got my attention there, would I even need a Jamma I/O though? I was under the impression that the Blast was JVS compatible so all I would need is the right loom. Also, are there any games that require 512 MB?

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Ok you've got my attention there, would I even need a Jamma I/O though? I was under the impression that the Blast was JVS compatible so all I would need is the right loom. Also, are there any games that require 512 MB?

the blast is "JVS ready". the cabinet i/o doesn't translate inputs into the JVS protocol, it just aggregates all inputs/sound/video/yourmom/etc so you can use different looms with them. the Jamma/JVS loom still uses a jamma connector for inputs, but, it provides JVS power RCA/Stereo connectors too. So the jamma JVS io is needed to do the JVS encoding/decoding.

512MB... hmm I believe only a few naomi2 requires that.

Last edited:

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
my buddy got some new stuff for his blast.

FA Nippon mesh tops , matching buttons and overlay.

15214870903_3f18bf1269_c.jpg

the overlay is from Ken @ thegameroom , 26$ shipped . It's almost 2x as thick as Gameongrafx overlays, but the print is less detailed ( maybe due to the grainier finish ? ). He has 4-5 different designs. include original blast design.

15810652856_fba71f9124_c.jpg

Last edited: