Blast City Club

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I know, but I was looking for something a little cooler or more modern. :)

These are neither cool or modern but they are very comfortable and adjustable from 24 inches to 29. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417570476.400725.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Westcb

You got a link to the video you're talking about?

Those stackable japanese ones are too much money from what I have seen, but they do look shorter which probably isn't a bad thing. I don't think these Wayfair ones are an issue though. I'm 6'2" and my legs are parallel to the ground when I sit on it and my legs just make it under the control panel, but touching.

Here is a picture to show the clearance. The stool fits under the control panel pretty good.

15314650813_b387d73278.jpg
15934284335_b92ddc6bcd.jpg

I can't seem to find the link I found it when watching videos on candy cab stools, I don't think it was this guy on Klov but in the video he had decals on his too, but these are sega and I remembered seeing capcom for some reason. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417571163.880439.jpg

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I've had those fiberglass stools for awhile now...They used to have different colors too. This was my old setup...I added Vinyl Sega stickers decals to it. 2012-05-10002403.jpg
2012-07-26010241.jpg

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
They kinda look like tiny commodes. For $50 bucks a pop, I better be able to drop dook bombs-while I flush enemies from the screen.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
These are neither cool or modern but they are very comfortable and adjustable from 24 inches to 29. View attachment 20975\

Ha! This has been my desk chair for the last couple of years.

Why are Japanese style arcade stools so expensive exactly? They seem like they'd be super easy to manufacture.

Westcb

Ha! This has been my desk chair for the last couple of years.

Why are Japanese style arcade stools so expensive exactly? They seem like they'd be super easy to manufacture.

I think a couple people are looking into getting something comparable made stateside. Hopefully if that happens we won't have to import smoked up stools :-)

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Hopefully if that happens we won't have to import smoked up stools :-)

The smokey smell is only present in the fabric/foam top, they are actually very easy to reupholster... Check out Emphatic's work with them.

As for the chrome base, it cleans up nicely with Brasso metal polish, and replacement rubber feet can also be found at most hardware stores (I don't have the exact size handy, but remove one to match up properly when shopping).

I don't care for 99.9% of all the stools I've seen posted here for a variety of different reasons. The most important however is always size... They are just too tall! Official classic Taito game stools (not the Vewlix redux) are 42cm, thats approximately 16.5 inches. 16~17, not 24~29!

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Seems like it would be perfect for PC motherboards inside Blast bodies as well, only needs a wire harness to adapt to 24pin ATX 2.x connection.

Strange its not switchable between 110 and 220v however, just about every power supply I've seen in the last 10 years supports that.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
just about every power supply I've seen in the last 10 years supports that.

exactly what I was thinking...

so what's the with the sig ? you're still here and enjoying the forum.... kinda silly to have that sig no ;)

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
so what's the with the sig ? you're still here and enjoying the forum.... kinda silly to have that sig no ;)

Still waiting on the CPS2 multi preorder, looks like it will be sometime in (early?) Dec... The sig is still correct so long as it happens before Wens the 31st.

I've felt I had something to contribute in a few places, and didn't want my final days/weeks here to be confirmation/proof of market place leaching.

I will post a final goodbye in the War Room when I'm done for people to comment on. This reply is not Blast Club appropriate, but you did ask here.

Last edited:

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
at $65, that's not a bad price.. what do voltage converters go for? It also looks like it has a 001 loom with it.

I've seen 1000W rated ones for 40$ shipped . looked pretty well built. 65$ is a good deal, not sure how much for shipping though. it does come with a jamma loom. jvs power adapter, and atx cables for the lindbergh ( or any ATX system probably , ringedge & pc )

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Is it the same as the Blast are far as the pin outs and integrated audio amplifier? If I could switch to this and eliminate my sun PSU I would be in for one as well.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
I would buy one too, but it states it 220v input only... So a step up WOULD be required in USA.

Its not that steps ups/downs are expensive (Amazon has one listed right now for 25$) but the idea... People are buying this to simplify/remove a box/psu, only to add another (this time more ugly because its external to the cab) box/psu. :scratch:

So you want this sitting next to your Blast FOREVER?
51L8qXPRuoL.jpg

Last edited:

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
What would you need this for? Isn't there already a power supply in the cabinet? (Sorry, noob question here...)

Westcb

I think having a brand new more robust power supply is a good thing for my blasts. I don't mind a converter sitting behind the cab. And I'm pretty certain we could find a 100~120 version as the one posted obviously is not the current they run in Japan. Plus that price seems very reasonable.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Is it the same as the Blast are far as the pin outs and integrated audio amplifier? If I could switch to this and eliminate my sun PSU I would be in for one as well.

looks like all the pins are there except 2 on the AC/killswitch loop side.

the lindbergh needs an amp, but the psu comes with a jamma loom which doesn't have the RCA connectors. so maybe it doesn't have an amp built in, and assumes you're using the sega v2 jamma io. hummmmmmm...... but then you'd have mono sound ?? there has to be a sega manual on that

Last edited: