Blazing Star Score Thread

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
I'm pretty rusty but this is my personal best.

photobucket-3686-1328458904507.jpg

Made it to the stage 4 boss with Windina.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'll give this a whirl when I get home

95cf0a7c-1.jpg

its the best i could do :/ need moar practice

Last edited:

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Hopefully I will get in my Blazing Star next week and i can begin to compete :D

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Panda do you just play on a CMVS? How do you like the controllers for those? For some reason I like having the built in control panel of the uprights or candy cabs. The more I see those candy cabs the more I think they are sexy :D wish i had one.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
i use a supergun thieslo, and i use my neo home sticks, so its pretty close to the real thing ;)

Zoel

New Challenger
Oohh that score is awesome. I think I'll gotta spend some time playing the game and then post the highest scores.

Only got Mushihimesama Futari Black Label high scores... T_T

DeadPixels

Beast Buster

Can't beat the stage 3 boss :very_ang:

file.php

One trick- when the boss is still descending the shaft during the first phase of the fight, don't panic when he fires the green lightning. It seems like it can touch you a bit, but if you move when it does, it destroys you. Also, if you can milk that phase of the fight, you can get some nice points from destroying his floating red projectiles.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Hey it took me a while to find this thread since it wasn't in Gameplay or All About Shooters. lol

Don't let me discourage anyone though, if anything I want people to feel inspired to improve their scores! Yeaaa!

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
C'mon BBH, you can do better than that!!

score.jpg

(@Ebisen Tokyo, obviously not mine~):cool:

valgalder

Kula's Candy
I'm sure my scores won't be nearly as good, but i'll give this a go in the next few days to see where I fall with you guys :)

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
C'mon BBH, you can do better than that!!

Oh I know full well there's plenty of room for improvement, I have a video of a 68.3 million replay and the high score on the machine in the video is 72.8 mil. I mainly just wanted to be able to finish the game on one credit, after that I started focusing on getting the score higher but it's annoying just how important stage 6 is. You have to leech the boss perfectly, it's easy to screw up and accidentally kill the final form earlier than you want and thus lose out on a lot of points. I always seemed to screw it up and I got tired of playing to that point and having my final score go to shit. Well, that and Ground Kontrol got rid of their Neo-Geo machine and that killed a lot of my desire to keep playing it....

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Yeah, I finally got my Blazing Star and I must say I wish I had grabbed it earlier :D Now I am almost completely ignoring Windjammers (which I love) for my Blazing Star / MD3 fix.

However, so far my best score is just shy of 2million just past level 3.

I find I get higher scores with the laser beam guy, but he is the easiest for me to die :(