Bloodborne March 24th: Now I finally need a PS4

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Safe to say I will be picking up a PS4 before March 24th. Game is in my opinion looking quite awesome. Hopefully the PVP is solid, the leveling system in depth, and there are a lot of cool weapons, armor, and bosses.

As much I like the whole fantasy style of gaming in RPG's and Action RPG's this seems like a breath of fresh air and a much needed change. The atmosphere looks really interesting. It reminds me of a dark old style London during the Jack The Ripper times.

From my brief research there are even some references to Demon's Souls, even though this is not a sequel. Hopefully this paves the way for a Demon's Souls 2, since form my understanding Sony owns the rights. A boy can only dream.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Hopefully this paves the way for a Demon's Souls 2

Sony doesn't want their series associated with the other "SOULS" games, so I'd say unless Bloodborne bombs, you probably won't see a Demon Souls 2.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
I played in the alpha/beta event thing a few months back. As someone who usually went sword and board it was weird. Since there is no shields it's a lot of parrying and shooting with a pistol to open up your target. Felt weird because of this, atmosphere and everything is still on point though. Randomly getting potion charges from kills was weird too, I liked the previous health potion systems a lot more.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
This is the game that is going to make me join the current gen. I think the uptempo combat will fit into my preferred style from the other Souls games: two hand falchion, shield on back, fast roll.

And the setting looks to be fresh, more Victorian, while maintaining that atmosphere like Tower of Latria.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Sony doesn't want their series associated with the other "SOULS" games, so I'd say unless Bloodborne bombs, you probably won't see a Demon Souls 2.

The werewolf boss (named Priest Gascoigne) says after killing you: "sick creature, may you rest in peace. umbasa."

This was from a part of the alpha that could only be reached via glitch, so either that word is just a placeholder that doesn't make it into the final build....or bloodborne is in fact, an indirect sequel that takes place in the Demons Souls universe.

Another thing that [might] lend a bit of credence to this theory was the codename for the game before it was even revealed: Project Beast. In demons souls, the "talisman of beasts" and the "beasts demons soul" are references to the old one.

So if I had to guess, the old one was put to sleep and the city of Yharnam discovered some miraculous science/medicine that might have been extracted from a dormant old one....like its roots or something.

Last edited:

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
The werewolf boss (named Priest Gascoigne) says after killing you: "sick creature, may you rest in peace. umbasa."

This was from a part of the alpha that could only be reached via glitch, so either that word is just a placeholder that doesn't make it into the final build....or bloodborne is in fact, an indirect sequel that takes place in the Demons Souls universe.

Another thing that [might] lend a bit of credence to this theory was the codename for the game before it was even revealed: Project Beast. In demons souls, the "talisman of beasts" and the "beasts demons soul" are references to the old one.

So if I had to guess, the old one was put to sleep and the city of Yharnam discovered some miraculous science/medicine that might have been extracted from a dormant old one....like its roots or something.

*hype intensifies*

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
*hype intensifies*

It can't get much more intense for me. I am ready. It is going to be really weird not using a shield though. I have a feeling I'm still going to be pressing R1 a lot till I get use to it.

The guy who made demon's souls said this is not a sequel, so it doesn't make sense why Umbassa is mentioned unless this is the world of demons souls hundreds of years in the future.

What would be really cool is if this was the world of the broken archstone. One thing I always wanted in Demon's souls was DLC for the broken archstone. I hate DLC, but I was kinda praying for it.

Last edited:

Phades

New Challenger
I'll be picking this up day one. I've loved every game in the Souls series so far and am sure this one won't disappoint.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
so it doesn't make sense why Umbassa is mentioned unless this is the world of demons souls hundreds of years in the future.

"Umbasa" just seals the deal for me. That was the "amen" of Demons souls, In Dark Souls it was "Vereor Nox"

It's a safe bet Bloodborne will chronologically take place hundreds (if not thousands) of years after Demons Souls and geographically it will take place around the nexus where the old one was burrowed underground.

I'm calling it right now. That's why there's no magic in this game; the old one is still sleeping.

PS:
C9TLO7c.gif

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
"Umbasa" just seals the deal for me. That was the "amen" of Demons souls, In Dark Souls it was "Vereor Nox"

It's a safe bet Bloodborne will chronologically take place hundreds (if not thousands) of years after Demons Souls and geographically it will take place around the nexus where the old one was burrowed underground.

I'm calling it right now. That's why there's no magic in this game; the old one is still sleeping.

PS:
View attachment 22077

That would be cool. There were a lot of similarities in the two dark souls games for those that played them both together enough. You could find many little links between the two games in the maps, and in the item descriptions. Like when you find havels armor in dark souls 2, and realize that stage is actually undead burg in ruins. I really like when stuff isn't just outright stated and you have to analyze things a bit to reach your own conclusions. Hopefully there is a lot of that in bloodborne.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
So who's seen the first 18 minutes video from IGN?

Not only does it have the creepy Demons Souls vibe (as opposed to the morose setting of Dark Souls), the game seems to have taken many cues/themes from its spiritual predecessor as well.

In Demons Souls there is fog, in Bloodborne there is haze
In Demons Souls there is a limbo called the Nexus, in Bloodborne there's a place called the Hunters Dream (?)....in both instances you wander in, get killed, and wake up in these places.

Both games also start off with the theme of fading consciousness while your guide NPC in the games "hub" is explaining your situation as vaguely as possible.

If this isn't a sequel Demons Souls, then it's definitely a way better spiritual successor than the Dark series was.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Shouldn't you wait till real people play it some more before buying a stripped down PC, i mean PS4.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Shouldn't you wait till real people play it some more before buying a stripped down PC, i mean PS4.

Are we really going to turn this into another console based internet squabble?
The only other guy doing the old PC master-race spiel on these forums is Stuart989; a shit-tier troll.... and you're better than that, right?

And whether PS4 is shit or not, it's been announced as a console exclusive...so he'd be waiting a while (maybe forever?) before playing it on PC.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
The only other guy doing the old PC master-race spiel on these forums is Stuart989; a shit-tier troll.... and you're better than that, right?

And whether PS4 is shit or not, it's been announced as a console exclusive...so he'd be waiting a while (maybe forever?) before playing it on PC.

God I hope he never gets to play it.....ever. Stuart is a straight waste of bandwidth.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member

Let me reword my comment as you are super serious about internetting.
Is it really a platform seller? Few games are worth buying a console. Any console....

Don't talk shit about PC race. There are dozens of us...dozens...

Last edited:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
you are super serious about internetting.

If that's the impression I give off, then I really need to rework my attitude on here.

Honestly, I don't care about any console/platform/game these days so I usually roll my eyes a bit when someone gets "factional" and takes up the cause of a platform or a series or whateverthefuck.
So when people are like:

lol xbawks180,
lol ShoeboxOne,
lol POS4,
lol Nofriendo Wii U

I'm like "who fucking cares?" They're all just toys for fucking around and wasting time lol.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
Am I the only person who thinks of Nightmare Creatures when they see this game?

I'll probably be getting it launch day BTW

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member

If you are like me and have played the Soul series on both platform and PC. You know that Bloodbourne will have the same fate as the Soul Series did for PC.

Full of cheaters in PVP and invasions.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
If you are like me and have played the Soul series on both platform and PC. You know that Bloodbourne will have the same fate as the Soul Series did for PC.

Full of cheaters in PVP and invasions.
That is the unfortunate truth about the PC versions of Dark Souls and Dark Souls II; able to get better overall technical performance at the cost of save hackers and invaders using cheat engine and stuff to ruin everything.

As a console exclusive on PS4 it should be better, but I don't think there's any way to stop save hackers from making overpowered characters and skirt the level restrictions for pvp.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Just FYI, you can use many of the cheats from PC on consoles....Shhhh
I stick to playing with people I know.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Just FYI, you can use many of the cheats from PC on consoles....Shhhh
I stick to playing with people I know.

Well aware of that, however PC is simple as downloading a trainer and that is all.

You realize how many PC invaders I've had in the Dark series with infinite health or the ones that think no one will know they have infinite stamina? I think DSII is the only game where I said fuck it and ended up playing it in Steam Offline mode.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I'm really looking forward to this game, finally a game I want to buy for the PS4 that I can't get on the PS3.

The videos kind of make me think of Dark Souls crossed with Nightmare Creatures.

ThGame

Geese's Thug
This game is going to be amazing. I have been purposely avoiding info on it because i want to play through it all with eyes unclouded. Plus i totally trust anything coming from japan studio and from software, its a guaranteed home run. The time draws near... Fuck yes