Bloodborne March 24th: Now I finally need a PS4

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
Dark Souls II is worth playing for cheap, but vastly inferior to the other games.

ThGame

Geese's Thug
did a speed run for my ng++. Just over 3 hours it took me from start to finish. Grabbed the living string and im ready to go to the last pthumeru or whatever dungeon for the last trophy boss. I didnt really plan a speed run off the bat and didnt really start rippin it until after the witches boss (optional area) so if i cut out the optional and did lots of running im sure i could have cut the time down to 2 hours or maybe even a touch less without town stops! Anyways 3 playthroughs and now ill get the last trophy, might pvp a bit and then pack the game up in favour of something new. Hell of a game though!

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Platinum achived!! Time to take a little break and then hunt down the next challenge. Going to play some neo turf masters and brainstorm on it

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Platinum achived!! Time to take a little break and then hunt down the next challenge. Going to play some neo turf masters and brainstorm on it

I gotta hand it to you, you are one badass gamer.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Not doing the blood echoes cheat/glitch my eyes have skimmed the past few days

But I got the system down. It's a good game. Great graphics. Fun fast paced blood slashing action.

BUT

I

will

stand

by

my

words

DARK SOULS IS A MODERN DAY CLASSIC.

Bloodborne is a ton of fun though. Cut from the same cloth. This game is creepy and Victorian. I just prefer the slow paced gameplay of Dark Souls and the moody desolate depressing atmosphere. Funny, I didn't play Dark Souls II. I was coming off of the 5 dollar XBL special for the first game and felt burnt out. I think later this year I'll get to DSII. No point in buying it right now. I need to beat BB first.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
around these forums im unsure if that sarcasm or an actual compliment but ill take it as a compliment lol.
No I really mean it as a compliment, as in- you have serious video gaming skills compared to myself. I am currently struggling to get through the lower Pthumeru dungeon, and it is kicking my lvl 93 bloodtinge/skill build's ass. I only do 330 atm with the untransformed +7 chikage, but Ive got bloodtinge at 40 and a +10 evelyn which does mass damage (the dam on the gun is 333) for a firearm with 20+4+5 shots to it. And yet I'm having difficulty with only a depth 3 dungeon.

Last edited:

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Wish someone told me I could level up before finishing the first boss. Feel like an idiot now. :(
Finally took the Cleric Beast down as well as the wolves at the bridge. Now trying to figure out how to move the old woman from her place to the next.
Will this involve time in the sewers? Cuz I really dont like that place.

ThGame

Geese's Thug
No I really mean it as a compliment, as in- you have serious video gaming skills compared to myself. I am currently struggling to get through the lower Pthumeru dungeon, and it is kicking my lvl 93 bloodtinge/skill build's ass. I only do 330 atm with the untransformed +7 chikage, but Ive got bloodtinge at 40 and a +10 evelyn which does mass damage (the dam on the gun is 333) for a firearm with 20+4+5 shots to it. And yet I'm having difficulty with only a depth 3 dungeon.

I mained the burial blade full upgraded and cannon fully upgraded at the end. Was level 165 when i finished. But to be honest when you get that high yo get next to no stats/level. Like maybe 1 attack power or 1 physical defense every 3rd level. So there is sort of a cap for that kind of stuff. I was just putting my last few levels into health which was 10 health/leveL. The cursed defiled pthumeru is probably the toughest part because you only have half health the entire run. Makes the boss fights a bitch as you basically cant take 2 consecutive hits and the flame dog has a few 1 hit kills. Theres some tough bosses after that as well but that was most notable. And under no circumstances sell any of your ritual bloods if you plan to grt the platinum. I made the mistake of selling a few 4 and 5s and i had to rerun some older dungeons just to rebuild the materials to make the lowest level. Good luck if you plan yo go for it. Some crazy bosses and really learning them so you dont take hits can be hella challenging.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
I mained the burial blade full upgraded and cannon fully upgraded at the end. Was level 165 when i finished. But to be honest when you get that high yo get next to no stats/level. Like maybe 1 attack power or 1 physical defense every 3rd level. So there is sort of a cap for that kind of stuff. I was just putting my last few levels into health which was 10 health/leveL. The cursed defiled pthumeru is probably the toughest part because you only have half health the entire run. Makes the boss fights a bitch as you basically cant take 2 consecutive hits and the flame dog has a few 1 hit kills. Theres some tough bosses after that as well but that was most notable. And under no circumstances sell any of your ritual bloods if you plan to grt the platinum. I made the mistake of selling a few 4 and 5s and i had to rerun some older dungeons just to rebuild the materials to make the lowest level. Good luck if you plan yo go for it. Some crazy bosses and really learning them so you dont take hits can be hella challenging.

What weapon did you use for playthrough 1, and how much damage were you up to? Same question about your damage stats with the burial blade. And all your stats build-wise, if you would be so kind.

Regardless, it takes a ton of timing and skill to survive those lower depth chalice dungeons.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
What weapon did you use for playthrough 1, and how much damage were you up to? Same question about your damage stats with the burial blade. And all your stats build-wise, if you would be so kind.

Regardless, it takes a ton of timing and skill to survive those lower depth chalice dungeons.
you need to beat Father Gascoigne and light the Oedon chapel lamp for it to give you the option of sending people to the chapel, same thing for Iosefka's clinic, you have to go back there after beating the Cleric beast I believe.

ThGame

Geese's Thug

I used the tontrius or whatever. The lightning mace. I actually used it with a str and stamina build until it stopped decent gains then i went full on skill and burial blade for the second and third playthroughs. I cant remember the damage i had with tontrius i feel like it was hitting with lightning after playthrough 1 for like 350 damage or so? It was relatively quick. I never got real good with low powered guns (probably because i put nothing into bloodtinge) so i just cannoned guys from rande to get the last couple hits in on a boss and stay safe

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
I have thought about this, made lists of incongruities in the game and done research online and I am now 100% satisfied that Fromsoft forced to release this game unfinished and incomplete. There are just toooooo many little screw ups, missing features and ommisions of promised things in this game for it to be anything else than that.

Sony knew that it was screwed because Uncharted 4 got pushed back to next year and that The Order: 1866 got mixed reviews. That and the fact there are hardly any other PS4 exclusive games as it is or coming soon. Mark my prophetic words on this guys.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Neobuyer, it's interesting how you and many others think Fromsoft shit the bed with this one, because thematically, the game is showing some crazy brilliance and subtle detail that was sorely absent in Dark Souls 2.

I went back to a youtube comment discussion about the 3rd "good ending" and I remembered to actually look up some of the dream symbolism you see in the game. It was a long comment so I'll just paste the relevant parts here.

Spoiler:
WHITE FLOWERS IN THE HUNTERS DREAM
When you dream of white flowers, they represent sadness and when flowers (specifically white ones) adorn graves, it represents a departure from earthly pleasures and pursuits. Indirectly this tells you that you are in Ghermans dream and the doll could very well be an effigy of a woman he lost....like a daughter or wife, perhaps. Interesting to note that everywhere else is hell on earth, but the landscape of Gehrmans mind remains unmolested by the great ones.....almost like he had a "deal" with them...which brings me to my next point/symbol....

BURNING HOUSE IN THE HUNTERS DREAM
This one is interesting. A burning house in a dream represents a returning sense of kinship towards your fellow man that was previously lost. Ghermans purpose was to trick amnesiac hunters into doing the bidding of the Great ones....until the ending where he stops playing their game and tries to prevent you from helping them any further. The house on fire merely represents Ghermans affirmation that he is human + his resolve to start helping his fellow man once again.

So in other words, the 3rd, "good" ending is actually the worst of the bunch.

THE MOON
Word for word, the dream dictionary states that "the moon represents some hidden, mysterious aspect of yourself". Perhaps this is where the myth of werewolves originated in the first place.
The symbol for your character level is interestingly a waxing moon, perhaps representing something on its way to reaching its fuller potential. Like your character, obviously.

THE BLOOD RED MOON

This ones freaky.

"When he opened the sixth seal, I looked, and behold, there was a great earthquake, and the sun became black as sackcloth, the full moon became like blood" - Rev 6:12

The moon is a symbol of femininity and red is a color of menstruation/fertility, combine the two and you get a BLOOD MOON which, for the longest time across many cultures is seen as a symbol for the womb......but in the book of revelations, a Blood Moon doesn't represent the birth of new life.... but rather a NEW WORLD, which is pretty fucking scary when not only the Moon presence emerged from this "womb" but also "The One Reborn" which was a mangled, bloody pile of tortured humanity....which should offer insight into what kind of "new world" the Great ones actually have planned for humanity.

=(
Even the Queen of Yharnam in the wedding dress might represent a marriage between humanity and the Great Ones, and the blood splattered all over her represents the inherent folly of trying to do such a thing.

So all things considered, the game is pretty deep and sophisticated as FUCK, if nothing else.

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Neobuyer, it's interesting how you and many others think Fromsoft shit the bed with this one, because thematically, the game is showing some crazy brilliance and subtle detail that was sorely absent in Dark Souls 2.

I went back to a youtube comment discussion about the 3rd "good ending" and I remembered to actually look up some of the dream symbolism you see in the game. It was a long comment so I'll just paste the relevant parts here.

Spoiler:
WHITE FLOWERS IN THE HUNTERS DREAM
When you dream of white flowers, they represent sadness and when flowers (specifically white ones) adorn graves, it represents a departure from earthly pleasures and pursuits. Indirectly this tells you that you are in Ghermans dream and the doll could very well be an effigy of a woman he lost....like a daughter or wife, perhaps. Interesting to note that everywhere else is hell on earth, but the landscape of Gehrmans mind remains unmolested by the great ones.....almost like he had a "deal" with them...which brings me to my next point/symbol....

BURNING HOUSE IN THE HUNTERS DREAM
This one is interesting. A burning house in a dream represents a returning sense of kinship towards your fellow man that was previously lost. Ghermans purpose was to trick amnesiac hunters into doing the bidding of the Great ones....until the ending where he stops playing their game and tries to prevent you from helping them any further. The house on fire merely represents Ghermans affirmation that he is human + his resolve to start helping his fellow man once again.

So in other words, the 3rd, "good" ending is actually the worst of the bunch.

THE MOON
Word for word, the dream dictionary states that "the moon represents some hidden, mysterious aspect of yourself". Perhaps this is where the myth of werewolves originated in the first place.
The symbol for your character level is interestingly a waxing moon, perhaps representing something on its way to reaching its fuller potential. Like your character, obviously.

THE BLOOD RED MOON

This ones freaky.

"When he opened the sixth seal, I looked, and behold, there was a great earthquake, and the sun became black as sackcloth, the full moon became like blood" - Rev 6:12

The moon is a symbol of femininity and red is a color of menstruation/fertility, combine the two and you get a BLOOD MOON which, for the longest time across many cultures is seen as a symbol for the womb......but in the book of revelations, a Blood Moon doesn't represent the birth of new life.... but rather a NEW WORLD, which is pretty fucking scary when not only the Moon presence emerged from this "womb" but also "The One Reborn" which was a mangled, bloody pile of tortured humanity....which should offer insight into what kind of "new world" the Great ones actually have planned for humanity.

=(
Even the Queen of Yharnam in the wedding dress might represent a marriage between humanity and the Great Ones, and the blood splattered all over her represents the inherent folly of trying to do such a thing.

So all things considered, the game is pretty deep and sophisticated as FUCK, if nothing else.

Yeah the game is great. Like someone mentioned before, you're just not farming rock for a hundred hours, which is great. My main gripes are small. Lack of weapons, online matching up sucks. Why the hell does it take 20 minutes to meet friends? It seems slower than meeting in dark souls.

But as far as the story, and game play, great game.

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Anyone wanna play demon souls and join helping me try to kill the firelurker? ;) don't know if any of you guys still play that game?

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
Anyone wanna play demon souls and join helping me try to kill the firelurker? ;) don't know if any of you guys still play that game?

I don't have a low level character right now.

Flamelurker is weak to magic, so you can spam Soul Arrows, use a magic weapon, or Sticky White Stuff on your weapon to great effect.

Dodge his attack, then get in one or two strikes, then get away. Don't get greedy.

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
I don't have a low level character right now.

Flamelurker is weak to magic, so you can spam Soul Arrows, use a magic weapon, or Sticky White Stuff on your weapon to great effect.

Dodge his attack, then get in one or two strikes, then get away. Don't get greedy.

Thanks bro. But I ran out of sticky white stuff, and I have like 9000 souls and I'm running low on healing items. I may have to back track to the last warp or die and make my way back. :( Also, I decided to play barbarian style and don't have any magic. :(

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
Thanks bro. But I ran out of sticky white stuff, and I have like 9000 souls and I'm running low on healing items. I may have to back track to the last warp or die and make my way back. :( Also, I decided to play barbarian style and don't have any magic. :(

Do you know the shortcut from the archstone to Flamelurker?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
So the other day I starting taking down a few bosses in a row and thanks to ReplicaX I'm now in the forbidden forest. Game has made me rage like no other yet I am still enjoying the game. Go figure.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
No I actually don't sir. Can you point me in the correct direction?

For anyone else who wants to know

Spoiler:
When you leave the archstone, take the right tunnel with all the workers. You can "platform" down the vertical tunnel at the end all the way to Flamelurker, skipping the whole level.