Bloodborne March 24th: Now I finally need a PS4

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
What's the point in keeping it if you're never going to play it?

Anyway, I'm level 38 if anyone wants to play. I'm on Vicar right now.

Value later on down the road.
I just stumbled across Vicar last night. Not doing that again.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
How do you use fire if you don't have magic?!!

The Deluxe stays on the shelf with Catherine and other PS3 games I suck at...:mad_2:

Jon

You have a dedicated suck shelf?

They give you lots of fire bombs in the first level. You just equip them in your item slot, and toss them at Phalanx when he's together. Then the remaining ones, use a fire pine resin on your sword, again given to you in level and attack the stragglers from behind and probably one shot them. The boos is incredibly easy. Possibly the easiest real boss in any souls game. After that we can Co op as long as you are in human form, or if dead use a Stone of Enphemeral Eyes to turn human.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
How do you use fire if you don't have magic?!!

The Deluxe stays on the shelf with Catherine and other PS3 games I suck at...:mad_2:

Jon

You gotta youtube a lot of this stuff, because a lot of these bosses simply don't make any sense.

The Phalanx is fun as shit though....when they clump together you throw molitovs and light the fuckers up!

The very first boss in this series of games and it's oddly one of the most satisfying.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
You gotta youtube a lot of this stuff, because a lot of these bosses simply don't make any sense.

The Phalanx is fun as shit though....when they clump together you throw molitovs and light the fuckers up!

The very first boss in this series of games and it's oddly one of the most satisfying.

I always thought the phalanx fight was cool too. I really like the music in fight.

Jon, just like when you play a JRPG how you buy the guide or consult online. Demon's souls wiki is awesome.

Also, seeing how you own the collectors edition, you might wanna crank open that guide book....

You really haven't given the game a chance. You just died and gave up. It takes a lot less skill than any most fighting games, which I know you are good at, to beat demon's souls. In fact it doesn't take much skill at all, just the desire to give the game a chance, and the willingness to look up demon's souls wiki in game on phone.

Plus I mentioned many times I would play the game with you online, which is basically a free ride. It might actually be fun of you accepted my invitation and gave the game a shot. Or at least to play a game together online.

@ poonman - your signature is creeping me out man. What the hell is that? And where did you even find that? It's borderline disturbing.

Last edited:

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
You have a dedicated suck shelf?

They give you lots of fire bombs in the first level. You just equip them in your item slot, and toss them at Phalanx when he's together. Then the remaining ones, use a fire pine resin on your sword, again given to you in level and attack the stragglers from behind and probably one shot them. The boos is incredibly easy. Possibly the easiest real boss in any souls game. After that we can Co op as long as you are in human form, or if dead use a Stone of Enphemeral Eyes to turn human.

Also, two hand your weapon to strike the Phalanx shields (and any shields) without rebounding.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Souls series games DO bump up the difficulty with NG+ runs.

Usually, the jump from NG to NG+ is the biggest hurdle, with a general increase of enemy stats by about 50%, and in subsequent NG++s it increases by like 15%.
In Dark Souls 2, some armor, weapons, and spells can only be found after at least 1 NG+ cycle, and the boss fights have different things added to make them harder.

4 Kings always gave me the most trouble as I progressed and got higher in to NG+ games on Dark Souls. First time through they're easy, but with each subsequent playthrough they get more and more HP and I never felt like my damage increased in a fashion to match their gain in HP.

I don't think Asylum Demon got much harder because he'd 1 or 2 shot me most of the time regardless. I always fight him pretty much naked.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
4 Kings always gave me the most trouble as I progressed and got higher in to NG+ games on Dark Souls. First time through they're easy, but with each subsequent playthrough they get more and more HP and I never felt like my damage increased in a fashion to match their gain in HP.
I don't think Asylum Demon got much harder because he'd 1 or 2 shot me most of the time regardless. I always fight him pretty much naked.

4 Kings is the second worse boss in Dark Souls 1.
It's a pure DPS race.

Also, when I played Demons Souls, it was on the Asian Region version, before there was a Wiki to tell you about stuff like world tendency and how to upgrade weapons.
That was fun.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member

Me and my brother did a 4 kings run in 2 kings just a few weeks ago on NG+. I know that probably doesn't sound too impressive, but it's pretty hard even with 2 people on new game+ since the second playthrough is really the hardest run cause of the larger difficulty increase compared to later NG+ runs. We were pretty happy with it since we were both Well under level 100.

We ended up having a lot of trouble right after that though when it was my turn to help him beat them. That time it seemed harder than my soul level 1 kings fight.

Our ultimate goal after maxing out new plus to 6 is to see how many times we can beat the game with our soul level 1's.

I honestly don't know if we can do 4 kings NG+ at level one. I don't see NG+2 ever happening even if we do beat them on the second playthrough.

I personally think 4 kings is the worst souls boss ever. A lot of success really relies not only on skill, but in luck that they don't spam AOE and that damn grab.

Last edited:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Got bloodborne a few days ago.I had to learn the hard way to play it,with it's different controls and all.Though i was annoyed the PS4 had to have it's update plus game patch as well.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
It's possible to do 4 kings on NG+7 at level 1, but you REALLY have to min/max and become a glass cannon by abusing Power Within and Red Tearstone Ring.
Also, you can keep hitting a "King" as his death animation is playing and it will do damage to the collective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFkiJJ5TlDM

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I always thought the phalanx fight was cool too. I really like the music in fight.

Jon, just like when you play a JRPG how you buy the guide or consult online. Demon's souls wiki is awesome.

Also, seeing how you own the collectors edition, you might wanna crank open that guide book....

You really haven't given the game a chance. You just died and gave up. It takes a lot less skill than any most fighting games, which I know you are good at, to beat demon's souls. In fact it doesn't take much skill at all, just the desire to give the game a chance, and the willingness to look up demon's souls wiki in game on phone.

Plus I mentioned many times I would play the game with you online, which is basically a free ride. It might actually be fun of you accepted my invitation and gave the game a shot. Or at least to play a game together online.

I was using the guide book the whole time didn't really help.

Actually, instead of playing the game online with you, how about I give your number to Stefan? He can call you late at night from the train station and tell you about anime conventions from the mid-1990's. Ask Kurt.:D

Jon

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
It's possible to do 4 kings on NG+7 at level 1, but you REALLY have to min/max and become a glass cannon by abusing Power Within and Red Tearstone Ring.
Also, you can keep hitting a "King" as his death animation is playing and it will do damage to the collective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFkiJJ5TlDM

I might have to give that a try. My level 1 is end game right now and for pvp, I'm Def worried I will get stuck on 4 kings and be unable to invade key areas. But those extra slabs sure sound tempting. I do spam power within, and either sunlight, or dark moon blade, they're both pretty great. Wrath of God is also a must a low level, or any level really. I think it is by far the best spell in the game. Even in pvp it wrecks. I've killed so many invaders through walls and it never gets old.
I was using the guide book the whole time didn't really help.

Actually, instead of playing the game online with you, how about I give your number to Stefan? He can call you late at night from the train station and tell you about anime conventions from the mid-1990's. Ask Kurt.:D

Jon

That sounds cool. Send him my digits, although don't think I ever met him.

I will quit trying to convince you to have fun with me via online. But you're missing out. Trust me, dark souls is much better than amazing tater, or any original game boy game. Even gargoyles Quest.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
For those of us new to From games, would you all recommend demon souls, then dark souls (1+2) first?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
For those of us new to From games, would you all recommend demon souls, then dark souls (1+2) first?

Yes. I would play demon's souls first because it is arguably the best. But both demon's souls and dark souls 1 are pretty epic. Also, because demon's souls is getting less populated every week. You need to get in there why there is still a chance for Co op

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
So what type of builds are in Bloodborne?
Str, Dex, faith, magic?

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
That sounds cool. Send him my digits, although don't think I ever met him.

I will quit trying to convince you to have fun with me via online. But you're missing out. Trust me, dark souls is much better than amazing tater, or any original game boy game. Even gargoyles Quest.

I'll PM him with your number in a bit.

Gargoyle's Quest is the best game ever. TRUTH.

Jon

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Yes. I would play demon's souls first because it is arguably the best. But both demon's souls and dark souls 1 are pretty epic. Also, because demon's souls is getting less populated every week. You need to get in there why there is still a chance for Co op

Right on, thanks :)

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
So what type of builds are in Bloodborne?
Str, Dex, faith, magic?

It's pretty much strength, skill (dex), and Arcane, and bloodtinge (guns),. But it really doesn't make a Tom of sense at this point. Everything has scaling with most stats. So it's really weird.

For example I am dex (skill) build, and figured I would go forvthe Katana, a obvious dex weapon. I'm changing my idea now cause it stats with bloodtinge when in its trick form. Actually I might use it. But I'm expiring other options.

This game seems to favor strength. I'm level 45 now and still using the same cane weapon. Most people like it. But I'm not a huge fan. I've come across numerous strength based weapons. Thank God I'm not an Arcane build. I would be pretty pissed my first playthrough. I'm pretty upset with dex as it is.

There will be key builds, I have a few ideas. A bloodtinge dex bud will be one for sure. But it's hard to tell right now cause different variations of the same weapon due to different rune slots. I think depending on weapon variation, you might be able to scale this thing to your liking.

I basically feel like unless a strength build, early game it's going to be rough going. Cause there are not many weapons at all. That's my main gripe.

I'm going to write a detailed review soon.

PublicEnemy

Cheng's Errand Boy
Don't summon, summons increase her HP.
Wear the cling ring, because you're gonna get cursed anyway.
Make sure you're under 70% equip burden and learn to dodge.

Also, if you've got more than 30 Strength, get 2 normal clubs, upgrade them to +10, powerstance them, and play a drum solo on her skulls.

Clubs are godlike in Dark Souls 2.

I actually summoned two phantoms for the fight and won. It made the fight easier for me. Now I just need go fight some other bosses before starting a new game plus.

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I can totally see the appeal of this game, but I'm not really having fun. I'm still near the beginning, and can consistently get to the part where you run into the two big werewolves on the bridge, but constantly dying and having to start all the way over is getting a bit old. I think I'm going to sell my copy, or maybe trade it. :/

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I can totally see the appeal of this game, but I'm not really having fun. I'm still near the beginning, and can consistently get to the part where you run into the two big werewolves on the bridge, but constantly dying and having to start all the way over is getting a bit old. I think I'm going to sell my copy, or maybe trade it. :/

Thats the thing - I've never actually really played a previous game in the series before...but as cool as it looks i'm starting to get a bit intimidated to get into this.

I have no problem w/ hard games and like a good challenge...but this seems to be pretty punishing. To have to replay entire segments over and over again...on top of supposedly long wait times. Sounds kinda bitchy of me, but I don't know if I have the patience (or time) for this to be honest.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member

You just run to the left. You're right at the boss. No need to fight those enemies. Or any except the boss. Literally just run non stop toll you reach the boss. You can do this in pretty much any level.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member

If you have PS3, start with Demon's Souls first, it's the most straightforward. There are some secret things to figure out, but they have nothing to do with the core game progress. Dark Souls is my favorite, but it's a bit more "Zelda-like" in that it has an "open world" with zones connecting in a non-linear way that can add difficulty to newcomers' experience.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
ok..so here it is. A different take on this game:

this game fucking sucks a huge dick

i am all about a challenge and 'hard' games, but this game is has done my head in. My main problem with this game is not the difficulty itself - its the repetitive enemy encounters between checkpoints. The load times are horrendous (im told its going to be addressed in a upcoming patch). And when you die, why does this game force you to repeat encounters you've already figured out just to get back to the one you haven't? Why must you grind out a ton of levels in order to stand a chance of beating a boss encounter? I've already put 15 or so hours into this game and i havent accomplished anything outside of 5-6 levels and some level ups to my weapon.

Yeah, i get it - ive never played a 'Souls' game before, but i really don't get the praise this game is getting. It looks like shit, plays like shit, it doesnt reward you for progression, it takes 45 seconds of your life multiplied by the thousands of times you will die in this game.

im short. i hate it. If you're not a 'Souls' guy, avoid this like the plague.