Bloodborne March 24th: Now I finally need a PS4

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
The further along you go in the game the creepier it gets.

I just beat the forest. Man those snake head guys suck. Then I beat ROM the spider. About to finally get my blades of mercy. Hopefully they kick ass.

herb

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I got the game yesterday and have been loving it. Just got in the Cathedral after beating Father Gascoigne. It took me a while to get used to the dodging mechanics, but once I did it feels really solid. Also the changes in times of day is awesome, as it shows old areas in a new light. I really like the look of the environments and the enemies. I'm playing it on my roommates PS4, but the game is making me want my own system.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I got the game yesterday and have been loving it. Just got in the Cathedral after beating Father Gascoigne. It took me a while to get used to the dodging mechanics, but once I did it feels really solid. Also the changes in times of day is awesome, as it shows old areas in a new light. I really like the look of the environments and the enemies. I'm playing it on my roommates PS4, but the game is making me want my own system.

After you beat the boss in the GRAND Cathedral, right by where you are. Check the perimeter of the regular Cathedral to start a quest with the crow lady. If you actually complete the quest, you're going to need to consult the wiki, you get some good stuff.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Getting my ass handed to me repeatedly. Oh boy. Gonna need a weekend to peel the layers off this sonofabitch

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Up to the 3rd boss the starved beast,ouch it didn't go well.I really need to relearn since it's different from the souls series.By the way,does any one understand how co-ops works it's left me confused :loco:

herb

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
After you beat the boss in the GRAND Cathedral, right by where you are. Check the perimeter of the regular Cathedral to start a quest with the crow lady. If you actually complete the quest, you're going to need to consult the wiki, you get some good stuff.
I read up on her questline and it says beating Vicar Amelia isn't necessary to get her to spawn in and start her quest line.
http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Eileen+The+Crow

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
So I beat the starved beast and then fell down a crazy rabbit hole after dying from one of those monsters that swings a body bag in it's left hand. WTF is going on in the story? I know that's a dumb question to ask this early in a souls game but damn shit is crazy. Also my friend and I decided to diverge in a dialog option choice for sending a person of clergy? back to the clinic and cathedral. I chose cathedral and he did clinic. Then my friend found a back way to get into the clinic and shit started getting weird... Also I found the abandoned workshop, can't wait to see how everything is tied together.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
So I beat the starved beast and then fell down a crazy rabbit hole after dying from one of those monsters that swings a body bag in it's left hand. WTF is going on in the story? I know that's a dumb question to ask this early in a souls game but damn shit is crazy. Also my friend and I decided to diverge in a dialog option choice for sending a person of clergy? back to the clinic and cathedral. I chose cathedral and he did clinic. Then my friend found a back way to get into the clinic and shit started getting weird... Also I found the abandoned workshop, can't wait to see how everything is tied together.

When you get the dialog for the lady in the clinic asking to send ppl to her. You can clearly see through the broken window of the door she is now holding a knife in her hand.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
My ps4 should show up tomorrow, but I'm a little pissed at Target. I received my Bloodborne game but it has a small hole in the back of the cover and the spine is kind of jacked.
I don't really have a target near me to do a swap so I guess I'll just deal with it but just a heads up they ship in shitty paper envelopes.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Whats the deal with "rescuing" people and sending them to the cathedral ward? One by one they start dying lol...and ever notice how that shifty NPC that asks you to send them kinda sounds like Patches?

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
Whats the deal with "rescuing" people and sending them to the cathedral ward? One by one they start dying lol...and ever notice how that shifty NPC that asks you to send them kinda sounds like Patches?

I think it was created as a way to get people more invested in the world making you feel like you're the reason they died.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I think it was created as a way to get people more invested in the world making you feel like you're the reason they died.

Go back to the place you first woke up.
Knock on the door.

You'll find there's a new NPC inside who will offer a legit safe place.

Now you'll get to choose who to save and who not to.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Those guys kidnap you and take you to prison. That's where you are. That place is hard. Be warned. Just run if you are low level and come back later for boss. My little brother said he was level 65 when he finally solo beat it. And he's pretty damn good. You could be lower I'm sure. I actually explored the whole area level 25. But I literally ran from almost everything.

I think the whole safe haven system is weird and still unknown. I think they make you think the lady at the clinic with the sweet voice is good, and the weird guy is bad. When really it might be the opposite.

I have sent everyone to the Cathedral, and it makes no sense. My good whore was murdered. But I really think it's some guy there with a hat murdering them. Not the weird guy. Then the old lady went from crazy to my bestie. And my other whore went from nice to hiding outside and tried to shank me. I had to murder that whore.

I don't know if they are all meant to die, or if you need to just send them to the correct clinic. I imagine you can get some good stuff. Hopefully.

I'm getting pretty far into the game. Finally got my blades of mercy. They're sweet. Now most stages have the sunset and it looks sick. I'm on a really cool level with these giant creatures attached to every tower that will murder you given the chance.

So far even though the game is lacking weapons, and is just not quite as deep as I hoped, I am really enjoying it. And do not regret my purchase at all.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Go back to the place you first woke up.
Knock on the door.

You'll find there's a new NPC inside who will offer a legit safe place.

Now you'll get to choose who to save and who not to.

Clearly you don't read a few posts up.

My detailed findings.

When you talk to Iosefka at the clinic the first time and before you discover Cathedral Ward she offers her blood vial and doesn't offer it being a safe house at all. You can see her hand through the crack in the window and it is empty.

After you discover Cathedral Ward, she gets a new dialog offering the clinic as a safe house. However, if you look through the crack she now has a knife in her hand.

Both "safe houses" have shady NPCs, Iosefka is far from being a "legit" safehouse. Play through and discover the rest yourself.

It's these small details that make the game interesting and your decisions tough.

If you really wanna read up on her: http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Iosefka but be warned there are spoilers to lore.

When you get the dialog for the lady in the clinic asking to send ppl to her. You can clearly see through the broken window of the door she is now holding a knife in her hand.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Well, I KINDA figured out the plot after seeing the "true" ending of the game....for a couple of days I was like "The fuck is this shit all about?"

Definitely a new spin on the Demons Souls idea though.

EDIT: No fucking way anyones gonna "get" this plot.....want me to explain/spoil it?

Last edited:

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
Throwing it in the spoiler tags won't hurt. I'm trying to not really spoil myself but one step ahead of my progress at a time.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
EDIT: No fucking way anyones gonna "get" this plot.....want me to explain/spoil it?

I haven't played it completely thru. I will say that since this game isn't heavy Cutscene or even Easy Story based. A lot of Lore, History, and plot related info is on Weapon & Items descriptions besides game notes (not player) throughout the game, on top of NPC dialog. Just like the Souls games.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Well......ok....

Spoiler:

TL;DR version:
Aliens.jpg

Long version:

-You start the game as an ill patient seeking treatment at Yharnam,

-you sign a hunters contract as a prerequisite for "treatment"

-intravenously, you are given a virus that knocks you out and puts you into a feverish dream-like state

-you are trapped in a collective subconscious nightmare of countless others who have received the same "treatment"

-a symbiotic/parasitic, neuro-slug(?) (possibly extra-dimentional) begins to grow inside of you and it invigorates the both of you when you are awash with "blood echos" or "life force"

-if you fail to "feed" this symbiote, it consumes your mind and turns you into a beast that WILL feed it "blood" aka scraps of life essence from your victims.

-THE HUNT is a feeding period for these creatures, that's why there are rogue hunters trying to stop you; they want to save humanity and end the nightmare FOR GOOD.

-there are elements of the game that are analogous to Demons Soul's.... like the "nightmare" itself....much like the "colorless fog" of Demons Souls it is a bizarre limbo between life/death/reality/imagination where a parasitic alien organism can do it's "feeding" on humans.

-Also, just like the Candle Maiden, the Plain Doll is a form that these "aliens" assume to communicate with you...with a sexy Russian accent to boot! ;)

-Thats why in the "true" ending, you wake up and leave behind that fat, engorged slug you were unknowingly feeding.

-That's also why the "Moon Presence" boss embraces you like a child and accepts you...because its child growing inside you.

-I still have no idea how the umbilical cords prevent this though.....

-Basically, this game is a cross between the tales of Sherlock Holmes, Aliens, and Dark City.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Well......ok....

Item Description:
Spoiler:
"A great relic, also known as the Cord of the Eye. Every infant Great One has this precursor to the umbilical cord."

"Every Great One loses its child, and then yearns for a surrogate. The Third Umbilical Cord precipitated the encounter with the pale moon, which beckoned the hunters and conceived the hunter's dream." - Abandoned Workshop

"Every Great One loses its child, and then yearns for a surrogate, and Oedon, the formless Great One, is no different. To think, it was corrupted blood that began this eldritch liaison." - Arianna's Child

"Every Great One loses its child, and then yearns for a surrogate. This Cord granted Mensis audience with Mergo, but resulted in the stillbirth of their brains." - Mergo's Wet Nurse

"Provost Willem sought the Cord in order to elevate his being and thoughts to those of a Great One, by lining his brain with eyes. The only choice, he knew, if man were to ever match Their greatness." -Iosefka

"Use to gain Insight and, so they say, eyes on the inside, although no one remembers what that truly entails."

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
BTW: I'm calling this guy "Micolash Cage, Host of the Bees" from now on. maxresdefault.jpg

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I sooo wanted to get this on release, but work had me traveling until just a few days ago. I also have my vacation coming up next week and i won't be back til april 18th, so i saw no reason to start playing and then having to stop. Can't wait to finally get my hands on it though

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
This game is fucking awesome. I'd love to play with someone online, but until then, I'll just continue getting my ass kicked in solo play.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
My spankin' new 2TB hdd arrived today. Installation and updating took less than 10 minutes. I'll have to leave the PS4 in rest mode overnight to redownload all my games. However, tomorrow after work...my adventure into Bloodborne shall begin.