Bloodborne March 24th: Now I finally need a PS4

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Well I just beat the main game.....wow. This game made me furious and happy at the same time. But I can say this, if I can beat this game, anyone can with patience. I swear I could have busted my controller wide open on many occasions.

Sounds about right, glad you enjoyed it Kid.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Sounds about right, glad you enjoyed it Kid.
Hell, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have found that area and make it possible for me to get the best ending. Thanks brotha!
Outside of Rep's help I never used any strategy guides or walkthroughs. I'm actually quite proud of myself :D

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
I'm gonna be gone working during the month of may (and that'll be the job to finance a Druple + Bloodborne).

Even then I'm already planning a reiterpallasch build in my head that's gonna need 18 tinge for evelyn and 15 arcane for old hunter bone.
All for fashion purposes of course....hopefully a lot of you guys will still be around by then.

EDIT: I was playing demons souls and noticed something interesting on the rings of magical sharpness/dullness, so I announced my findings during Peeves twitch stream and it blew his mind lol.

I wonder if the coincidence was intentional? Lore wise, magic/miracles in demons souls was basically "making contact" with the old one. Right?

Wow Poon, Peeve Peeverson is all big time and shit, lol. Awesome find yo, GG.

What's yer favorite stage, atmosphere wise, in Demon's Souls?

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Act 3 all the way.

The jail cells in 3-1,
In act 3-2, the giant, moaning fuckball suspended with magical chains at the center of a MASSIVE spiral staircase was pretty mindblowing
Also the skyline....those chains suspended everywhere like spiderwebs played havok on my imagination.

Shrine of storms would be the runner up for the otherworldly topography,
the old hero boss who's garb made him look like an animated water color drawing of Yoshitaka Amano,
and the Storm King for that otherworldly cry it lets out when it spots you.

Peeve seemed to be pretty obsessed with connecting Demons Souls to Bloodborne so when I said that shit he immediately stopped the stream to google it...he saw one ring, doubted it at first....then looked at both rings side by side and was like "OH FUCK!".

Seems to run on the same principle too...magic/miracles in Demons Souls come from "contacting" the Old One, while Arcane power comes from "kinship" or closeness to the "great ones" in BB.

Not sure what the deal is with that gesture though....do you recognize it from any cosmic horror literature out there, Neobuyer?

Last edited:

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
All I gotta say is fuck that damn Bloodletting Beast in the lower Pthumeru chalice dungeon. He's been kicking my ass all week. I'll never give up! Fuck you Bloodletting Beast!!!

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Actually Neobuyer, I caught another thing that seems to be met with a lot of ignorance and resistance at fextralife.

Those dipshits are trying to figure out what the doll is, thinking that its a carving of Gehrmans wife or daughter.

If there's 2 things Souls games do, it's

1. repeated patterns with different themes and
2. telling a story by leaving you "bread crumbs"

For an example of point #1, you can almost be sure that Solaire was the son of Gwyn because he was based on Ostrava, the son of Allant. Like Lautrec was based on Yurt, Like Seigmayer was based on Biorr, etc etc etc.

and for an example of point #2, In Dark Souls, you were seemingly led to the conclusion that Gwynevere fucked Seath and gave birth to Priscilla....she herself is called a crossbreed, a "bastard", and an abomination....and the painting cathedral has a barefoot statue of Gwynevere draped in garb that looks VERY similar to the fur covering Priscilla.

So back to Bloodborne, at the old abandoned workshop you find the original doll in the same room as a statue (that you happen to find all over the challice dungeons). And the challice dungeons are revealed to be the domain of the Pthumeru Queen Yharnam.

I tell these stupid fucks that Miyazaki is pretty much spoonfeeding them the "dolls" identity and that it is actually a vessel for the consciousness of Queen Yharnam...

The whole forum jumps up my ass and tells me that the doll and Queen Yharnam look NOTHING alike and that the statue in the workshop is just there for research purposes or some shit....

God.... fucking retards, I swear.

Am I just seeing things or do these two look like they are based off the same person?

yharnam.jpg
Image-bloodborne-doll-01.jpg

They are both unusually tall platinum haired women.... and in Demons Souls the Candle maiden was just an avatar for the old one...is it such a stretch to think From would recycle the concept like they have with almost every other npc/plot device they've ever used?

Especially in a game that already borrows so heavily from Demons Souls?

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Latria stage 1 is my favorite too. Such a creepy level. Then 4-2, and 3-2 are tied. Everything about Shrine of Storms sucked except the first boss. Even the easy skeletons were hard at first. It doesn't help that those reapers laugh, they use to scare the crap out of me. I still get nervous their henchman are going to blast me with those light rays.

I'm almost through my sorcerer playthrough with my brother. The sorcerer class rapes everything. All you need is firestorm, the first fire spell, and the second ray spell then it's game over for everything.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Actually, I just revisit overlevelled builds in Demons Souls these days...one of which was just for the sole purpose of FINALLY getting pure bladestone on an OP dex/sorcery build.

It wasn't until YEARS later I found PBS because the online tips for farming were so shitty...in the end, I found a method that actually worked.
Apparently, the odds of it dropping keep getting better and better every time you kill the katana skeleton behind the illusory wall in 4-2... UNTIL you go back to the nexus and then the odds reset and go back to a 1 in 200 chance.

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Actually, I just revisit overlevelled builds in Demons Souls these days...one of which was just for the sole purpose of FINALLY getting pure bladestone on an OP dex/sorcery build.

It wasn't until YEARS later I found PBS because the online tips for farming were so shitty...in the end, I found a method that actually worked.
Apparently, the odds of it dropping keep getting better and better every time you kill the katana skeleton behind the illusory wall in 4-2... UNTIL you go back to the nexus and then the odds reset and go back to a 1 in 200 chance.

Really... I know what I'm doing tuesday

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Finished bloodborne main game finally.

I was trying to complete the chalice dungeons before hand,but it was getting too repetitive :hammer: Yes and i did get the true ending and all i can say is wtf !? What you're character becomes left me puzzled.Any ways i may go through ng+ or make a new character.

Last edited:

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Finished bloodborne main game finally.

I was trying to complete the chalice dungeons before hand,but it was getting too repetitive :hammer: Yes and i did get the true ending and all i can say is wtf !? What you're character becomes left me puzzled.Any ways i may go through ng+ or make a new character.

I am about to finish the main game, but I have been messing with the chalice dungeons. Got a little sidetracked, but oh well. I have also been grinding a bit up to level 84 and my weapons are at +8. I am going for the total completion at the end.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I am about to finish the main game, but I have been messing with the chalice dungeons. Got a little sidetracked, but oh well. I have also been grinding a bit up to level 84 and my weapons are at +8. I am going for the total completion at the end.
Have fun the higher end chalice dungeons become a bitch to clear.Unless you have another player to help out.I still i don't like the fact the chalice dungeons,are the other source for blood rocks.I don't know maybe later on i'll try them again.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Have fun the higher end chalice dungeons become a bitch to clear.Unless you have another player to help out.I still i don't like the fact the chalice dungeons,are the other source for blood rocks.I don't know maybe later on i'll try them again.

For the blood chunk rocks, I kill the mange werewolves a little past the area with the three hunters that fuck your day up if you try to fight them. Takes a bit of rinse and repeat, but less nerve wracking than the dungeons.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
For the blood chunk rocks, I kill the mange werewolves a little past the area with the three hunters that fuck your day up if you try to fight them. Takes a bit of rinse and repeat, but less nerve wracking than the dungeons.
I meant to say blood rock the final upgrade for a weapon.One can be found in the main game the rest is chalice dungeons.If i were form software,they should patch it so it can be bought later in the game.Heck even youtubers such as agermanspy complain about getting blood rocks.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
I meant to say blood rock the final upgrade for a weapon.One can be found in the main game the rest is chalice dungeons.If i were form software,they should patch it so it can be bought later in the game.Heck even youtubers such as agermanspy complain about getting blood rocks.

I didn't even know there was a final upgrade rock. +8 seems good enough with the blood chunk rocks. Still, 6 levels with strength or skill will do the same. I am addicted to this game and I can't explain it, lol.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
is it such a stretch to think From would recycle the concept like they have with almost every other npc/plot device they've ever used?

I see that you haven't played any of the King's Field games.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
FYi - this game is on sale at Best Buy for members for $39.99. ($!0 off + 20%)

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Just got killed by those huge guys that take you to a prison when you die. Game is insane but loving it.

Pretty sad, my first playthrough and when I watch YouTube vids I find out if I did something a little differently I could of had more NPCs in my church. Chalice dungeons are a pain though. You guys recommend getting the guide? I loved reading through guides for the first 2 games.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Beat the game last night. Got all 3 of the endings. Really enjoyed my time with this game, and i really enjoyed the story. I don't know a whole lot about lovecraft and cosmic horror, but i know enough to see the references used in Bloodborne. While i was on youtube looking up videos of bloodborne lore today, i found this video for a 2D souls like game in the works, and thought i would share,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLkHA-W8KFA

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Actually Neobuyer, I caught another thing that seems to be met with a lot of ignorance and resistance at fextralife.

Those dipshits are trying to figure out what the doll is, thinking that its a carving of Gehrmans wife or daughter.

If there's 2 things Souls games do, it's

1. repeated patterns with different themes and
2. telling a story by leaving you "bread crumbs"

For an example of point #1, you can almost be sure that Solaire was the son of Gwyn because he was based on Ostrava, the son of Allant. Like Lautrec was based on Yurt, Like Seigmayer was based on Biorr, etc etc etc.

and for an example of point #2, In Dark Souls, you were seemingly led to the conclusion that Gwynevere fucked Seath and gave birth to Priscilla....she herself is called a crossbreed, a "bastard", and an abomination....and the painting cathedral has a barefoot statue of Gwynevere draped in garb that looks VERY similar to the fur covering Priscilla.

So back to Bloodborne, at the old abandoned workshop you find the original doll in the same room as a statue (that you happen to find all over the challice dungeons). And the challice dungeons are revealed to be the domain of the Pthumeru Queen Yharnam.

I tell these stupid fucks that Miyazaki is pretty much spoonfeeding them the "dolls" identity and that it is actually a vessel for the consciousness of Queen Yharnam...

The whole forum jumps up my ass and tells me that the doll and Queen Yharnam look NOTHING alike and that the statue in the workshop is just there for research purposes or some shit....

God.... fucking retards, I swear.

Am I just seeing things or do these two look like they are based off the same person?

View attachment 25054
View attachment 25055

They are both unusually tall platinum haired women.... and in Demons Souls the Candle maiden was just an avatar for the old one...is it such a stretch to think From would recycle the concept like they have with almost every other npc/plot device they've ever used?

Sorry I've taken so long to reply man, you bring up deep points here, and I'm inclined towards your take on the doll's identity. It's interesting too that they got the same actress that voiced the maiden in Demons' Souls to do the doll's voice in Bloodborne yes? I agree that the bride and the doll look very similar, and do you notice the similarities between the bride as she appears after you kill Rom the Vacuous Space Knight and Maiden Astrea? As in- they both have bloodily given birth to a hideous monster baby. But notice where the bride's blood stain is- it's on her middle like when the alien popped out of John Hurt in the original Alien movie! Is it just me or does that stain on her dress make it look like her child burst it's way out of her?

Back to the gameplay- currently I am rocking a lvl 46 twink build with a +10 saw cleaver- and loving it. I'm having more fun doing invasions and assists than I did leveling my last 2 lvl 120s. Damn the saw cleaver, buffed with fire or bolt paper, just slices through pvp opponents.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I'm outta town on McDonalds wifi so my responses are pretty random as well.....

I think with bloodborne the wedding dress and the blood might very well be more dream symbology like the white flowers, red moon, and burning house.

Shit, I'd like to talk more but this laptop battery is gonna die and I gotta get my rest for more shitty work tomorrow.

Peace!

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Hellz yeah.. some DLC for Bloodborne. BTW, just started playing Dark Souls and fuck. this. game!!! Seriously though!!! I am trying to enjoy it, but it is nothing more than an annoying awkward map with shitty punishing rules!!! I am playing it anyways, lol. Why do I do this to myself???

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!

If this is true, then I think it's time I finally completed the double "sharp" spiked shield build...

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Well the trailer for the DLC is up and it's coming this november :D :eek: