Bloodborne March 24th: Now I finally need a PS4

klee123

Zero's Secretary
Finished the DLC. 3 of the bosses were quite a challenge to say this least.

Definitely the hardest bosses From has ever done.

If they do make it I hope they consider adding the unfinished level (6th Archstone) which in terms of assets was pretty much done.

Here's a vid of someone using a CFW PS3 to hack into the game and attempting to play the level:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA9c01YsEFM

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I'm currently stuck on one of the bosses, which caused me to deplete my extra blood vials. Took a break after that point.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I'm close to the platinum in this game, but I cannot beat Amygdala in the Defiled Pthumerian Chalice Dungeon. I have 50 vitality but he can still one shot me (HP is halved in this CD).

klee123

Zero's Secretary
I'm close to the platinum in this game, but I cannot beat Amygdala in the Defiled Pthumerian Chalice Dungeon. I have 50 vitality but he can still one shot me (HP is halved in this CD).

Which part are you having issues with?

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Pretty much the whole thing. I know the trick where you stand near its tail and itll jump but wont hit you. I still end up getting hit when it starts stomping though.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
I'm still only halfway through the game. And I got it in March. Damn work schedule gets in the way. I think about it a lot and play when I can. Had someone help me progress in one part and it kind of took the fun out of it. Dying to sit on my ass and play for a few hours again.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I picked this up again after getting discouraged by Father Gascoigne. It took me like 50 tries to beat him as his 3rd form always wrecked me.
Now that I'm past this part I'm having a blast again in the Cathedral ward.

I still don't know why they chose Father to be an early boss, I mean I'm not that shitty at games and beat demons and dark pretty easily but shit was he a pain in the arse.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I picked this up again after getting discouraged by Father Gascoigne. It took me like 50 tries to beat him as his 3rd form always wrecked me.
Now that I'm past this part I'm having a blast again in the Cathedral ward.

I still don't know why they chose Father to be an early boss, I mean I'm not that shitty at games and beat demons and dark pretty easily but shit was he a pain in the arse.

Gas Coin was chosen to be the second boss because he's basically a test for the player to see if they've learned to properly parry, dodge, and use elemental weaknesses.

There are some crutches you can use to make the fight easier. The music box, if saved for the second form, makes the fight much easier.
If you use oil bombs and Molotovs, he becomes a joke in his second form.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
beat the DLC, and i'm one trophy away from the Platinum. I have to go through the Chalice dungeons to fight the queen. Whats the fast way to get to her. Which Chalice dungeons do i need to complete before i can get to her dungeon?

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Pretty much the whole thing. I know the trick where you stand near its tail and itll jump but wont hit you. I still end up getting hit when it starts stomping though.

What kind of build are you?

(Also, welcome back Genji!)

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Started as quality, but now pretty much everything but BT. All other stats are 30-50, fairly high level.

Good to see you Spoon. How have you been?

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
beat the DLC, and i'm one trophy away from the Platinum. I have to go through the Chalice dungeons to fight the queen. Whats the fast way to get to her. Which Chalice dungeons do i need to complete before i can get to her dungeon?
Use the short root chalice.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,

She is very weak to "A Call Beyond" spell. Equip that in your belt and use it 4-5 times with full bullets. Then you can loose some health to gain extra bullets, use blood vials to get health back and repeat. You can also stay away, try some molotov bombs and the occasional close-up action.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Finally got the platinum. Defiled Amygdala is easily the hardest boss in the game IMO. None of the bosses in the Great Ihyll CD even came close. I died on Queen Yharnam once.

Omerta

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Finally got the platinum. Defiled Amygdala is easily the hardest boss in the game IMO. None of the bosses in the Great Ihyll CD even came close. I died on Queen Yharnam once.

Did you have much trouble with the nightmare version of Amygdala? It didn't seem too far apart from the Chalice Dungeon version in terms of difficulty/strategy to me. It's been a while, but I want to say it was a handful of bolt papers and a bit of dodging, but nothing too insane...

And yeah, not too big of a Chalice Dungeon fan myself. Seemed like a bunch of unnecessary filler.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
She probably killed me no more than 10-15 times, which was weird because I have never died to Amygdala in the main game. I guess it was the half health thing. She (?) can easily one shot you. I just found the fight to be long and time consuming.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I thought I was pretty much done with the game after getting the platinum but I still want to make a blood tinge build.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I thought I was pretty much done with the game after getting the platinum but I still want to make a blood tinge build.

With a chikage and Evelyn? Yeah, lots of potential there.....the bad news is chikage is a split damage weapon so you'll have to farm amygdala for 2 cursed nourishing abyssal gems. And go for a lost chikage for the circle gem slot..... Once you stack up enough bloodtinge the transformed chikage will just melt any boss in the game and viscerals should hit like a truck. Fun build.