Bluetooth Headphones for Running/Gym?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I know there are some audiophiles here, so I'd like to ask around.

Both of my Bluetooth headphones took a shit in the past 2 weeks. I had gotten Powerbeats by Dre for Christmas and they died randomly. I was also using a pair of Jaybird X3's which lasted longer but those died as well. Both pairs of headphones charge, but won't turn on off the charger.

What are y'all using? I've googled some of the options out there and there's basically a different top 10 llst for each site, so I wanted to ask what everyone is using. I like good audio quality, but I mainly want something that can take the sweat and use from working out.

Suggestions are appreciated gents.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
nothing stays in my ears without the over ear hook thingy's or the in-ear flex hook.
My set of Sony WF-1000XM3 stay in just fine on the bicycle, but they would pop right out with a light jog. They are also not technically rated as water resistant, but I have used them in the rain.

Last edited:

jdoll

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I have a jabra headset and bluetooth set as well for running both are excellent and reasonably priced. I hear sony makes a great set and klipsch as well

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Not sure what model you had but I'm a big fan of PowerBeats 3. I had PowerBeats 2 but they fell apart, PB3's feel way sturdier and they are made by Apple.

Amazon is selling them for only $70 right now: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DHJLNPH/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_vHrlFbGQB1528
I had the Powerbeats 3, which feel very robust. Unfortunately they don't turn on anymore, even after resetting them with some software provided by Beats.

I'm partial to the Bose, as I've always liked their chunky sound. I have a Bose Bluetooth speaker at home that's been with me all over the world and it's a tank. Sounds fantastic, even with the lack of an EQ on it. Glad to hear they're not only affordable but robust as well.

What about those Raycon headphones that sponsor all the YouTubers?

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I had the Powerbeats 3, which feel very robust. Unfortunately they don't turn on anymore, even after resetting them with some software provided by Beats.

I'm partial to the Bose, as I've always liked their chunky sound. I have a Bose Bluetooth speaker at home that's been with me all over the world and it's a tank. Sounds fantastic, even with the lack of an EQ on it. Glad to hear they're not only affordable but robust as well.

What about those Raycon headphones that sponsor all the YouTubers?
Definitely check out the Bose set. I’ve owned two sets of Bose earphones with those ear tips and I personally think they’re the most comfortable and most stable in ear headphones for the price. The sound will be solid and it’ll be nice for activity. I’ve personally tried that set I linked and I think it would fit the bill nicely. I’ve owned sets of earphones which cost more than Bose sets, but they’ve been nowhere near as comfortable and stable in my ear.

As for the Raycon sets, I don’t think they’re all that. The aggressive marketing you see kinda turns me off from their brand. They are definitely trying too hard in an overly saturated market IMO.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
They're not Bluetooth but I like my SkullCandy Chops.

Soft ear hooks and the buds don't go into the ear but rest over it.

They're wired but they do the job when I need to move around.

I'm not fond of complete noise cancellation when I'm out and about.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Maybe look into Aftershock bone condenser earbuds. Not the greatest audio quality, but great for exercising and allows you to keep more attention to surroundings especially if running outdoors

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I own a couple of JLAB wireless headphones. If you are looking for good performance at a reasonable price I recommend. Honestly, I'm pretty happy for $100 and under range headphones.

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
Had a pair of Jaybirds but couldn't for the life of me keep them in during my runs.

I liked the ear hook on the Powerbeat 3's, but had similar luck. First set they just stopped working from sweat, luckily Apple sent me a new pair under warranty. My replacement pair lasted a little longer but just stopped pairing/working.

I gave up on headphones for running, I was running a lot by myself when I first started long runs a few years ago, I ended up finding some local groups to run with, long sundays go a lot faster bullshitting with people than listening to music.