Boris wins

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Was there any doubt this would happen? A strong win to boot.
Corbyn was born to lose, as is Sanders. There's no place for these guys at the helm.
Labour/Democrats will win when they find themselves another Blair/Clinton/Obama. Celebrity is everything.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Dont think the winner was ever in doubt tbh.

All the other parties decided to double down on remain and suffered for it.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Think of all of those EU-UK bureaucrats who will now be out of a job :(

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Glad that Corbyn is stepping down finally. He's a great lesson to every nation that if you go too far left, you will risk making a labour party traditionally aimed at working for the masses, into unattractive un-votable shit. The failure has gone on long enough.

At the same time, I wonder if this is merely the result of a particular media mogul in control of what British people see, read, and think... Just because people think something, doesn't mean the thought is theirs.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Glad that Corbyn is stepping down finally. He's a great lesson to every nation that if you go too far left, you will risk making a labour party traditionally aimed at working for the masses, into unattractive un-votable shit. The failure has gone on long enough.

The worse thing with Corbyn... is he isn't a bad man...

Sticks to his principles and beliefs... But that makes him a rigid asshole that is attractive to buggering...

xROTx

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
You would hope libs in America would learn from this but one of my primary takeaways is that most left-of-center politicians are so incompetent in regards to messaging, they can't even put someone out front who's capable of beating a clown show with no platform or scruples like Boris.

That and the olds are not done fucking us yet.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Pretty sure Sanders would have defeated Trump in 2016 if he didn't get screwed by the DNC. If he manages to win the primary this time, despite continued establishment attacks and mainstream media distortions, my money's on him defeating Trump in 2020. Sanders is a centrist by European standards. Conflating him with Corbyn is ridiculous and tells me you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Dont think the winner was ever in doubt tbh.

All the other parties decided to double down on remain and suffered for it.

I don't think you were watching the same election. Point was Boris doubled down on leave and benefitted whereas Corbyn made no decision on Brexit whatsoever and got slaughtered for it. SNP doubled down on remain and won a landslide in Scotland. In fact the only party that doubled down on remain and suffered for it were the Lib Dems, who were and who continue to be a fringe party for now.

Labour cannot win an election when Brexit is on the table as it cuts their voters in half more so than any other issue for any other UK party.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I don't think you were watching the same election. Point was Boris doubled down on leave and benefitted whereas Corbyn made no decision on Brexit whatsoever and got slaughtered for it. SNP doubled down on remain and won a landslide in Scotland. In fact the only party that doubled down on remain and suffered for it were the Lib Dems, who were and who continue to be a fringe party for now.

Labour cannot win an election when Brexit is on the table as it cuts their voters in half more so than any other issue for any other UK party.

Let's be frank here... Labour can't win any election when the leadership have lost touch with their base...

I hate to say it... but Labour are not the party of the "working man" anymore... it's the party of the rich London cunt who feel they can superimpose their morals on us....

It's weird how the Conservatives are more intune with how people feel than the so called "peoples party"...

xROTx

PS. I TOLD you Brexit would be voted for... not my fault you can't judge how a situ is...

EDIT. On an extra aside... Both parties promised the voters stuff... NO ONE believes jack shit when it comes to fake promises... (unless you're some sort of imbecile...)...

The ONLY promised that mattered to England was Brexit... (and fuck the whining Scots...)...

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Let's be frank here... Labour can't win any election when the leadership have lost touch with their base...

I hate to say it... but Labour are not the party of the "working man" anymore... it's the party of the rich London cunt who feel they can superimpose their morals on us....

It's weird how the Conservatives are more intune with how people feel than the so called "peoples party"...

xROTx

PS. I TOLD you Brexit would be voted for... not my fault you can't judge how a situ is...

EDIT. On an extra aside... Both parties promised the voters stuff... NO ONE believes jack shit when it comes to fake promises... (unless you're some sort of imbecile...)...

The ONLY promised that mattered to England was Brexit... (and fuck the whining Scots...)...

It’s the same story for Labor here. Completely out of touch with what the majority of people are striving for in life.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Labour/Democrats will win when they find themselves another Blair/Clinton/Obama. Celebrity is everything.

Nah seems like being autistic is everything.
So is this a referendum on Brexit? The party gained no seats. Serious question.

May seemed like a capable women and she couldn't make a deal, why is a guy with a spectral personality disorder going to be able to? You guys have missed so many deadlines, honestly Brussels should have tightened the screws on you already.

Can some-one help me out with English history? Seems like shortly before I was born the UK was a world empire and then one day they decided to give it all up during a recession. Now with Brexit not only do they not want to be in charge anymore they've given up on being leaders and influential as well.

StevenK

10 Year Member

xROTx

I'd go further though and question whether the traditional labour "working man" still even exists.

I have to disagree with current labour being for rich londoners. Yes, perhaps, during the blair years (where they did exceedingly well). But Corbyn was most definitely a ghost of Labour past and was trying to appeal to a man who, as above, is increasingly rare to find. Just walk round any pub in the daytime, where are the old boys propping up the bar with a pint of mild at 1pm?

StevenK

10 Year Member
Nah seems like being autistic is everything.
So is this a referendum on Brexit? The party gained no seats. Serious question.

May seemed like a capable women and she couldn't make a deal, why is a guy with a spectral personality disorder going to be able to? You guys have missed so many deadlines, honestly Brussels should have tightened the screws on you already.

Can some-one help me out with English history? Seems like shortly before I was born the UK was a world empire and then one day they decided to give it all up during a recession. Now with Brexit not only do they not want to be in charge anymore they've given up on being leaders and influential as well.

Brexit is about the empire. ALL about the empire. The rapacious pursuit of Peak Blighty.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Pretty sure Sanders would have defeated Trump in 2016 if he didn't get screwed by the DNC. If he manages to win the primary this time, despite continued establishment attacks and mainstream media distortions, my money's on him defeating Trump in 2020. Sanders is a centrist by European standards. Conflating him with Corbyn is ridiculous and tells me you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Oh fuck off. I know what I'm talking about. Good luck with your forecast

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
People on universal credit and using foodbanks voting Tory. Fucking hilarious tbh, I hope we get a hard Brexit and these people get squeezed to fuck. Cannot wait to see the 40 plus hospitals we've been promised. Or the extra 50,000 nurses. They should paint that on the side of a bus. Oh wait.

Corbyn will always be a solid campaigner but he was never a leader. Labour promised the fucking sun, moon and stars when all they really had to do was stand back, stick with Brexit and laugh at the tories (who had an absolute shocker of a campaign). Rupert Murdoch 1, Jeremy Corbyn 0. Right wing press and big business rule the roost. Labour could put forward Jesus next election and The Sun would convince people not to vote for him. US rustbelt take note.

People are quick to right off the future of labour, but it's a relief in the way. If Bojo doesn't play his cards right it's going to go royally tits up for the conservatives but not after they've implemented their agenda. How the average man in the street thinks they are on par with the likes of Rees Mogg never fails to amaze. At least Corbyn came out to play table tennis with the spastics.

Jan 31st? Who knows. The UK is so unbelievably shit.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I'd go further though and question whether the traditional labour "working man" still even exists.

I have to disagree with current labour being for rich londoners. Yes, perhaps, during the blair years (where they did exceedingly well). But Corbyn was most definitely a ghost of Labour past and was trying to appeal to a man who, as above, is increasingly rare to find. Just walk round any pub in the daytime, where are the old boys propping up the bar with a pint of mild at 1pm?

Even though different in some ways I was reminded about Kinnock during the Thatcher years. Corbyn belongs to that era of Labour politics and so his fate was sealed against a populist style Tory party with a charismatic leader. He was the filler. But the new Labour cunts have always been biting at his heels and then the whole anti semmetic thing within the party, ludicrous. He never had a chance.

Labour will find a hero one more, surely from the "New" generatio, and it'll be more of the same.

Hate the New Labour gen more than the Tories. At least Conservatives produced some decent folk

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Brexit is about the empire. ALL about the empire. The rapacious pursuit of Peak Blighty.

I've met some pretty damn whacko Brits here who all seem to lament how the empire is gone now. It begs the question though, what is the importance of the UK on the world stage now? Makes me think what the national identity is in the UK now. Boris wins so...now what? It's kind of like, "____ wins the presidency of Ghana". What does the UK give to the world now, aside from high-tier universities? I dunno how much they can be trusted, but a lot of the Brits I meet here also say how low wages are in the UK...people seem to think 30,000 pounds is decent, which seems borderline poverty to me.

Anyways, not attacking you or other UK members here. Just really curious about the situation there.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I've met some pretty damn whacko Brits here who all seem to lament how the empire is gone now. It begs the question though, what is the importance of the UK on the world stage now? Makes me think what the national identity is in the UK now. Boris wins so...now what? It's kind of like, "____ wins the presidency of Ghana". What does the UK give to the world now, aside from high-tier universities? I dunno how much they can be trusted, but a lot of the Brits I meet here also say how low wages are in the UK...people seem to think 30,000 pounds is decent, which seems borderline poverty to me.

Anyways, not attacking you or other UK members here. Just really curious about the situation there.

The UK has one of the most diverse populations in the World and so there is no real sense of Colonialism... however, I will confess there are a minority of nutcases in every population...

I think... that most people who live in the UK are proud of establishments like the NHS and our benefit system... and so £30K might seem a low working wage but infact people would rather be in that camp then lets say.... being poor and having no health insurance in other parts of the World...

As for the UK on the World stage... I'm unsure if we really matter all that much...

I view the UK as an Old Tymer on Ng.com who once was really active... but then found Jebus and is only remembered in passing...

xROTx

PS. There's been some protests against the General election results.... It seems some of the young 'uns aren't happy with Democracy...

I suggest that they are reason why Labour lost...

...They are uber-left wing... don't want any views but their own... and scream when they don't win... essentially, they're Corbyn's main supporter base...

Fuckin' idiots...

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Hate the New Labour gen more than the Tories. At least Conservatives produced some decent folk

Got any names DR? I too despise New Labour, but pretty much every person in the conservative party deserves to down a pint of bleach. Gove, Patel, IDS, Francois, Mogg, Raab etc. are all complete weirdos with big AES collections

StevenK

10 Year Member

There's no doubt we will lose a huge amount of influence globally through this. Rather than a key player in a top tier organisation we'll be moving to a unpopular outsider looking on. Expect to hear international derogatory language about the UK to become the new norm as we become an easy scapegoat with no real political or economic clout behind us to use as a hammer to silence them.

As for money, the average wage in the UK is about 30k. Bear in mind the average IQ is 100 then have a chat with someone with an IQ of 100. 30k is plenty generous for him.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior

I agree Labour didnt specifically say they wanted to remain, As you say they didnt really say anything but their intent was clear enough.

The lib dems has the balls to say no we are remain and suffered early on so changed their tune to the same as the other parties i.e. we dont really know but we want to remain.

The only other party that was pro brexit was the brexit party and lets face it that was a non starter any way.

What I found really interesting about this election was the break down of the votes on a purely leave vs stay basis.

Obv its impossible to predict the reasons ppl voted for a specific party but if you base it solely on brexit again its awfully close to previous elections but reversed.

I think if JC was not in charge and they had someone more stronger and more central it could of been a very different outcome.

StevenK

10 Year Member
I agree Labour didnt specifically say they wanted to remain, As you say they didnt really say anything but their intent was clear enough.

The lib dems has the balls to say no we are remain and suffered early on so changed their tune to the same as the other parties i.e. we dont really know but we want to remain.

The only other party that was pro brexit was the brexit party and lets face it that was a non starter any way.

What I found really interesting about this election was the break down of the votes on a purely leave vs stay basis.

Obv its impossible to predict the reasons ppl voted for a specific party but if you base it solely on brexit again its awfully close to previous elections but reversed.

I think if JC was not in charge and they had someone more stronger and more central it could of been a very different outcome.

JC or not I just don't see another outcome. If they went for remain, as you are saying, they lose half of their vote to the brexiteer Tories. If they went for leave, they lose half of their vote to the lib dems. I just don't see a way around that problem.

They thought they did - say nothing about brexit and try and talk about other things, but as important as other things are, nothing comes close to the Great Brown Face Expulsion Project.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
JC or not I just don't see another outcome. If they went for remain, as you are saying, they lose half of their vote to the brexiteer Tories. If they went for leave, they lose half of their vote to the lib dems. I just don't see a way around that problem.

They thought they did - say nothing about brexit and try and talk about other things, but as important as other things are, nothing comes close to the Great Brown Face Expulsion Project.

I admit I thought Lib Dems were going to mop up more of Labour this time around.
I honestly thought they would of done worse than they did which I know was pretty bad.

But ultimately I think it came down to 2 things.

One JC is totally unelectable they were total idiots putting him in charge.
Hes to much of a nice guy and pandas to people to much.

Two people are just pissed off with the whole thing.
It doesnt matter which way you voted in 2016 3 years is just to damn long and a vote for any one other than boris was just going to drag it out longer and we have had wayyy to much political BS in our diets the last few years.

5 years down the line will be the real battle I think.

For now I am glad to see some return to normality the last few days as nobody is ranting at friends on FB etc.

Hoping for some damn peace and quiet and de-polarisation tbh to much hatred been going around.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Got any names DR? I too despise New Labour, but pretty much every person in the conservative party deserves to down a pint of bleach. Gove, Patel, IDS, Francois, Mogg, Raab etc. are all complete weirdos with big AES collections
Honestly, I don't live in England anymore, I grew up there, but have been out of the country for years, though I have quite a bit of family over there still. Try to stay up to date.
Saying there is such a thing as decent Tory folk is anathema to me too. But I can't help feel John Major in hindsight did good. Maybe because he was sandwiched between Thatcher and Blair. But he was earnest enough and it was a time in the UK where things seemed to be what they where.
Putting aside a lot of Conservative rhetoric and generally crap policy obviously.
Also always had a soft spot for Heseltine for whatever reason. If you look at what he did and said he was a cunt
who should have had his head lopped off and spiked. But, he was what he was and that counts for something I guess.

That is about it though, lol.

New Labour though... wolves in sheep's clothing, unscrupilous, dangerous - the future of politics invariably.
Obviously not just the old gang but people like Sadiq Khan and the rest of them who done their bit to weaken Corbyn.

I don't agree with the view that Corbyn was too far left etc. rather, just out of touch with the General electorate, and with a huge amount of impetus but surely 0 chance of implementing.

Last edited: