Boxing thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
lopez-lomachenko-compubox-punch-stats.jpg

The commentary was riding Loma's dick the entire fight but it wasn't nearly as close as they implied.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I scored it 116-112 Lopez.

I think Lopez swept 1-7, Lomachenko swept 8-11, Lopez won 12.

No way Lomachenko won the second round. He landed one combination in the round and Ward gives it to him.

That’s because Teo didn’t land anything in the second round. If you’ve ever boxed before you could clearly see almost all his punches in that round were either blocked, parried or slipped and Loma landed a very clean combo and a few other punches.

Compubox is horrible and never accurate, it basically just tells you who is throwing more punches, all the other data is extremely dependent on vantage point and vantage point has a heavy influence on stats that’s why they just take an average between the two counters.

I’m not a Loma fanboy, I just call it like I see it. Truthfully, I wasn’t impressed at all by Teo. He relies on his power like Wilder, if Loma got going earlier in the fight then he would have retained his belts but he basically gifted Teo those belts with that ridiculous late start. It’s either respecting his power too much, age showing or ring rust.

I’m just hoping he actually fights and not be a pussy chasing a zero instead of belts like a lot of boxers nowadays.

famicommander

15 Year Member
That’s because Teo didn’t land anything in the second round. If you’ve ever boxed before you could clearly see almost all his punches in that round were either blocked, parried or slipped and Loma landed a very clean combo and a few other punches.

Compubox is horrible and never accurate, it basically just tells you who is throwing more punches, all the other data is extremely dependent on vantage point and vantage point has a heavy influence on stats that’s why they just take an average between the two counters.

I’m not a Loma fanboy, I just call it like I see it. Truthfully, I wasn’t impressed at all by Teo. He relies on his power like Wilder, if Loma got going earlier in the fight then he would have retained his belts but he basically gifted Teo those belts with that ridiculous late start. It’s either respecting his power too much, age showing or ring rust.

I’m just hoping he actually fights and not be a pussy chasing a zero instead of belts like a lot of boxers nowadays.

Lopez landed a big combination in round 2 with several body shots just before Lomachenko landed his only combination of the round.

None of the first 7 rounds were close. Lopez swept them all.

famicommander

15 Year Member

Start the video at round 2, about 3:30. Lopez lands several body shots and then a few hooks to the head before Lomachenko lands a single shot.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Some good scraps on tonight.

Juan Francisco Estrada vs Carlos Cuadras, rematch, for Estrada's WBC/The Ring/Lineal World Super Flyweight Championship.
Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez vs Israel Gonzalez for Chocolatito's WBA (Super) World Super Flyweight Championship
Julio Cesar Martinez vs Moises Calleros for Martinez's WBC Flyweight Championship

And then some unbeaten prospects on the undercard. It starts on DAZN in just over an hour.

If both Estrada and Chocolatito win, they are going to try to set up a unification fight. The two fought way back in 2012 and Chocolatito won, but that was when Estrada was a prospect.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez, Srisaket Sor Rungvisai, Juan Francisco Estrada, and Carlos Cuadras are the modern day Four Kings. All champions, all willing to fight each other, and the fights are always great. The modern day version of the Duran, Hagler, Hearns, Leonard rivalry.

November 17, 2012: Chocolatito def. Estrada, UD12
May 31, 2014: Cuadras def. Sor Rungvisai, TD8
March 18, 2017: Sor Rungvisai def. Chocolatito, MD12
September 10, 2016: Chocolatito def. Cuadras, UD12
September 9, 2017: Estrada def. Cuadras, UD12
September 9, 2017: Sor Rungvisai def. Chocolatito, KO4
February 24, 2018: Sor Rungvisai def. Estrada, MD12
April 26, 2019: Estrada def. Sor Rungvisai, UD12
October 23, 2020: Estrada def Cuadras, TKO11

Career records
Carlos Cuadras: 39-4-1-0, 27 KO
former WBC Super Flyweight Champion (6 successful defenses)

Juan Francisco Estrada: 44-3-0-0, 28 KO
Former WBA/WBO Flyweight Champion (5 successful defenses)
Current WBC/The Ring/Lineal Super Flyweight Champion (2 successful defenses)

Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez: 50-2-0-0, 41 KO
Former WBA Minimumweight Champion (3 successful defenses)
Former WBA Light Flyweight Champion (5 successful defenses)
Former WBC/The Ring/Lineal Flyweight Champion (4 successful defenses)
Former WBC Super Flyweight Champion
Reigning WBA Super Flyweight Champion (1 successful defense)

Srisaket Sor Rungvisai: 49-5-1-0, 42 KO
Former WBC/The Ring/Lineal Super Flyweight Champion (3 successful WBC defenses, 1 successful The Ring/Lineal defense)

Now hopefully we get Chocolatito vs Estrada II and Sor Rungvisai vs Cuadras II

famicommander

15 Year Member
BKFC 135 pound champion Johnny Bedford has pulled out of his defense against Dat Nguyen next month due to a back injury. Nguyen will instead fight Reggie Barnett for the Interim Championship, with the winner getting a shot at Bedford when healthy.

Nguyen:
20-3-0-0 in pro boxing
2-0-0-0 in bare knuckle

Barnett:
6-2-0-0 in pro boxing
3-4-0-0 in pro MMA
5-1-0-0 in bare knuckle

Barnett and Nguyen have both fought Travis Thompson and Abdiel Velazquez. Both of them beat Thompson 5 rounds to 0. Nguyen knocked out Velazquez in the first, Barnett beat him 5 rounds to 0 with 3 2 knockdowns. Barnett's one loss was to Bedford, in a fight where Barnett won more rounds but got knocked down 3 times.

I expect Nguyen will knock out Barnett and then eventually Bedford.

famicommander

15 Year Member
We've got another one of those massive weekends for boxing. I put the big fights in bold.

Friday, 8:00 PM Eastern on DAZN:
Jaime Munguia vs. Tureano Johnson, 12 rounds, middleweights
Rashidi Ellis vs. Alexis Rocha, 12 rounds, welterweights
Elwin Soto vs. Carlos Buitrago, 12 rounds, for Soto's WBO junior flyweight title

Lamont Roach Jr. vs. Neil John Tabano, 10 rounds, junior lightweights
Bektemir Melikuziev vs. Alan Campa, 10 rounds, super middleweights
Marlen Esparza vs. Sulem Urbina, 8 rounds, flyweights
Tristan Kalkreuth vs. Tyler Vogel, 6 rounds, cruiserweights

Saturday, 2:00 PM Eastern on DAZN:
Oleksandr Usyk vs. Dereck Chisora, 12 rounds, heavyweights
Lee Selby vs. George Kambosos Jr., 12 rounds, IBF lightweight eliminator
Tommy McCarthy vs Bilal Laggoune, 12 rounds
Savannah Marshall vs. Hannah Rankin, 10 rounds, for the vacant WBO women's middleweight title
Amy Timlin and Carly Skelly, 10 rounds
Dave Allen vs. Christopher Lovejoy, 10 rounds, heavyweights
Kash Farooq vs. TBA, 8 rounds, bantamweights

Saturday, 7:30 PM Eastern on ESPN+:
Naoya Inoue vs. Jason Moloney, 12 rounds, for Inoue's IBF/WBA/The Ring bantamweight world titles
Ewa Brodnicka vs. Mikaela Mayer, 10 rounds, for Brodnicka's WBO women's junior lightweight title

Julian Rodriguez vs. Jose Eduardo Lopez Rodriguez, 10 rounds, junior welterweights
Robson Conceicao vs. Luis Coria, 10 rounds, junior lightweights
Andy Hiraoka vs. Ricky Edwards, 8 rounds, junior welterweights
Andres Cortes vs. George Acosta, 8 rounds, lightweights
Jared Anderson vs. Luis Eduardo Pena, 6 rounds, heavyweights

Saturday, 9:00 PM Eastern on Showtime PPV:
Gervonta Davis vs. Leo Santa Cruz, 12 rounds, for Davis' WBA lightweight title and Santa Cruz's WBA junior lightweight title
Mario Barrios vs. Ryan Karl, 12 rounds, for Barrios' WBA "regular" junior welterweight title
Regis Prograis vs. Juan Heraldez, 10 rounds, junior welterweights
Diego Magdaleno vs. Isaac Cruz, 10 rounds, IBF lightweight title eliminator

Michel Rivera vs. Ladarius Miller, 10 rounds, lightweights
Jerry Perez vs. Joshua Zuniga, 8 rounds, junior lightweights
Julian Rodarte vs. Jose Morales, 8 rounds, lightweights
Kent Cruz vs. Dieumerci Nzau, 6 rounds, welterweights
Anthony Cuba vs. Leon Cavalli, 4 rounds, lightweights

Several P4P level fighters in action. Usyk, Inoue, and Santa Cruz are as good as they come. Inoue should dominate his fight, Usyk will be tested for the first time at heavyweight. Santa Cruz is a big underdog facing the much larger Davis. Could be a Mikey vs Spence situation but I hope Santa Cruz can somehow pull it off.

famicommander

15 Year Member
for you British assblasters, the Santa Cruz vs Davis PPV will apparently be on free TV Channel 5.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Maybe the worst lip cut I've ever seen in Munguia vs Johnson tonight. Johnson's entire upper lip was split. Gnarly as fuck.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Maybe the worst lip cut I've ever seen in Munguia vs Johnson tonight. Johnson's entire upper lip was split. Gnarly as fuck.

The lip was totally split and it looked like two seperate upper lips. It wasn't bleeding as bad as I would've thought with such a cut.

Johnson was doing well too.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Don't look at this spoiler if you're squeamish
Spoiler:
UZB98gr.gif

I think you can literally see part of his lip flying off when that uppercut lands.

Can't believe the doctor let him finish the round.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Well, Usyk won but it wasn't particularly impressive. I doubt he can hold up against Fury, Joshua, or Wilder.

Inoue dominated.

Santa Cruz vs Davis was fun as hell until Davis slept him with a massive left uppercut.

Mikaela Mayer is the next women's boxing megastar. Her technique is sharp as hell.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Wilder's back making accusations of Fury glove tampering last fight. I'm surprised and disappointed by Wilder with all this talk, it's not the first time, plus some shit about his entrance costume being too heavy, it's not a good look.

He needs to let his fights talk for themselves.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The whole loaded gloves thing just makes me laugh. It’s just not possible anymore ever since the Margarito incident. Wilder’s team was in the same room watching Fury’s hands get wrapped, gloved, taped and signed.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Some decent scraps today.

8:00 PM Eastern, DAZN:
Devin Haney vs. Yuriorkis Gamboa, 12 rounds, for Haney's WBC lightweight title
Zhilei Zhang vs. Devin Vargas, 10 rounds, heavyweights
Filip Hrgovic vs. Rydell Booker, 10 rounds, heavyweights
Reshat Mati vs. Marcos Mojica, 6 rounds, welterweights
Movladdin Biyarslanov vs. Juan Jose Martinez Alvarez, 6 rounds, junior welterweights
Raymond Ford vs. Rafael Reyes, 6 rounds, featherweights
Darren Cunningham vs. Juan Gabriel Medina, 6 rounds, junior featherweights
Souleymane Cissokho vs. TBA, 6 rounds, junior middleweights

8:00 PM Eastern, Fox
Luis Ortiz vs. Alexander Flores, 10 rounds, heavyweights
Frank Sanchez vs. Brian Howard, 10 rounds, heavyweights
Michael Coffie vs. Joey Abell, 8 rounds, heavyweights
Carlos Negron vs. Rafael Rios, 8 rounds, heavyweights

10:30 PM Eastern, Impact Network (some Jesus channel is showing boxing now for some reason)
Kali Reis vs Kandi Wyatt, 10 rounds, for vacant WBA female super lightweight title

famicommander

15 Year Member
Fight schedule today

DAZN, starting at 2:00 PM Eastern:
Katie Taylor vs. Miriam Gutierrez, 10 rounds, for Taylor's undisputed WBC/WBO/IBF/WBA/Ring/Lineal lightweight titles
Terri Harper vs. Katharina Thanderz, 10 rounds, for Harper's WBC/IBO junior lightweight titles
Jorgelina Guanini vs. Rachel Ball, 10 rounds, for vacant WBC interim bantamweight title

FS1, starting at 8:00 PM Eastern
Amilcar Vidal vs Edward Jaramie Ortiz, 10 rounds, super middleweights
Efetobor Apochi vs Joe Jones, 10 rounds, cruiserweights
Henry Arredondo vs Erros Correa, 8 rounds, featherweights
Desmond Lyons vs Diego Elizondo, 6 rounds, lightweights

ESPN, starting at 10:00 PM Eastern (undercards start at 7:00 PM Eastern on ESPN+):
Terence Crawford vs. Kell Brook, 12 rounds, for Crawford's WBO welterweight title
Joshua Franco vs. Andrew Moloney, 12 rounds, for Franco's WBA "regular" junior bantamweight title
Joshua Greer Jr. vs. Edwin Rodriguez, 8 rounds, bantamweights
Tyler Howard vs. KeAndrae Leatherwood, 8 rounds, middleweights
Raymond Muratalla vs. Luis Porozo, 6 rounds, lightweights
Duke Ragan vs. Sebastian Gutierrez, 4 rounds, featherweights
Vegas Larfield vs. Juan Alberto Flores, 4 rounds, bantamweights

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
For as far back as we have definitive records (1743), Uly Diaz scored the fastest KO in combat sports (bare knuckle, boxing, kickboxing, MMA) history last night. 3 seconds, one shot landed, dude was out cold on the way down.

Diaz is now:
12-1-0-0, 11 KO in pro boxing
1-0-0-0, 1 KO in pro MMA
2-0-0-0, 2 KO in pro bare knuckle boxing

He didn't take up professional fighting until age 36 after he got out of jail. He was put in jail in the first place for repeatedly getting into street fights and bar fights, but now he's turned it around. He built an open air boxing gym in his back yard due to COVID restrictions and is now opening it up to the public and offering free boxing lessons and cardio workouts for all ages. He, his trainers, and veteran MMA fighter/Olympic Judoka/bare knuckle fighter Hector Lombard are all training fighters (mostly kids) for free.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Nordine Oubaali is out of his scheduled WBC bantamweight world title bout against Nonito Donaire because he has the coronavirus.

Instead, Oubaali has been named WBC champion in recess. This means that he gets an automatic title shot when he is healthy again.

Meanwhile, Donaire will fight for the vacant title on December 12 against former IBF bantamweight champion Emmanuel Rodriguez. Both Donaire and Rodriguez were last seen losing to Naoya Inoue. Donaire and Inoue had the fight of the year in 2019 while Rodriguez got savagely knocked out.

famicommander

15 Year Member
We're getting a Canelo fight!

December 19 vs Callum Smith, for Smith's The Ring Magazine and WBA (Super) World Super Middleweight titles. Canelo owns the WBA (Regular) belt so it's kind of a unification.

Also confirmed today is Joe Smith Jr vs Maxim Vasov for the vacant WBO Light Heavyweight title. Smith has notable wins over Bernard Hopkins (knocked B-Hop outta the ring in his final fight) and former champ Eleider Alvarez. His losses came to Sullivan Barrera, Dmitry Bivol, and some nobody many years back when he was a prospect.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Gennadiy Golovkin will defend his IBF/IBO middleweight titles on December 18 vs Kamil Szeremeta.

Szeremeta is an undefeated contender (21-0-0-0). His rankings

TBRB: #7
The Ring: #6
WBC: #4
WBA: N/A
IBF: #3 (#1 and #2 are vacant there as you have to win an eliminator to climb that high in the IBF)
WBO: #8

We'll see how much GGG has in the tank. He squeaked out a victory over Derevyanchenko last fight. Derevyanchenko is a good fighter and GGG was very sick that night, but that's still the kind of guy prime GGG puts away.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Luis Ortiz has called out Andy Ruiz Jr for a fight.

Let's hope it happens. Ruiz looks like he's back in shape and Ortiz had a 3 punch KO in his last fight. The winner of this hypothetical fight would easily deserve another title shot after the Wilder/Fury/Joshua dust settles.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The undercard for Joe Joyce vs Daniel DuBois just started on ESPN+. Joyce vs DuBois is a decent prospect fight; the winner should get some big fights soon at heavyweight.

Then tonight is the Tyson vs RJJ gong show.