Boxing thread

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Canelo was a bit predictable in his patterns but Plant got coerced to deviate from his gameplan. I do think Plant has the skills to play the Mayweather game against Canelo but he was just shut down by a Mexican bull. Plant did better than I expected though...

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
to continue the tradition during fami's absence, here is my update. this weekend some dudes and/or women, of varying heft, hit each other. someone won and someone lost. belts may or may not have changed hands. that is all.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
to continue the tradition during fami's absence, here is my update. this weekend some dudes and/or women, of varying heft, hit each other. someone won and someone lost. belts may or may not have changed hands. that is all.
Don't forget to mention how stupid somebody was for losing.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Two UK world champs just got KTFO in front of their home fans.

American underdog Alycia Baumgardner knocked out Terri Harper on her feet to claim the WBC and IBO women's super featherweight titles

Then grizzled old veteran Kiko Martinez laid Kid Galahad out cold. Kiko was a world champ in a lower weight class 7+ years ago, but he rolled into this fight like a 20-1 dog. 35 years old, 10 losses on the record, turned back the clock and knocked the kid out for his belt.

butthurt limey fans booed while these fighters got belted up

famicommander

15 Year Member
Old man Kiko Martinez getting some god damn RESPECK on his name from the cocky young champ

YqGIYlq.gif

famicommander

15 Year Member
Munguia talking about going after GGG but I think the old man would sleep him inside 6.

He should try to get Andrade. He probably won't be able to because Demetrius Andrade absolutely NEVER fights anyone good, but Andrade has the WBO middleweight title and he isn't very good. If Munguia can get that belt off of him he might be able to force his way into a big money unification with Golovkin or Charlo.

I expect GGG will stop Murata in Saitama next month.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I agree. Munguia is nice, no doubt. He's young, fast, and has a good chin. Rosado hit him with some clean shots and he showed that he could take a hit.

Rosado isn't Triple G though. Even past his prime I feel this will be a difficult fight for Munguia. Still intriguing though.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Munguia gets hit too much. Rosado couldn't crack an egg; he has 15 KOs in 42 fights and only 2 in the last 9 years. A better puncher lands half those shots Rosado did tonight and Munguia goes to sleep.

Munguia should target Andrade. That's a winnable fight. GGG would knock his head off.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Also Jose Benavidez Jr got his ass beat by Torres and suck out of there with a hometown draw. Shameful.

David Benavidez got the win but his opponent was pretty poor. Benavidez remains a one-win wonder (his only credible opponent was an aged Anthony Dirrell).

famicommander

15 Year Member
Canelo was young and Golovkin beat him once. Canelo is a completey different fighter now. Much more experienced.

Not saying he would beat Floyd in his prime but he would put up a much better fight for sure. He is a much more confident fighter. His defense and power is much improved.
Missed this post due to the ban.

Canelo got beat twice by GGG, not once. Neither fight was close. Competitive, but not close. First fight was 8-4 GGG all day, second fight 7-5 GGG all day. There is no way Canelo won more than 5 rounds in either fight.

As for Floyd, prime for prime they'd never fight each other. Prime Floyd was a super featherweight or a lightweight; prime Canelo is clearly a super middleweight.

But when they did fight each other, both had world title belts. No excuses. If you bring a world title belt and over 40 fights worth of experience with you to the ring as Canelo did, you can't claim you weren't ready. Canelo is better now than he was then, but he still got completely schooled in every facet.

famicommander

15 Year Member

Listen to that clueless British crowd booing that stoppage.

That is one of the best ref stoppages I have ever seen.

Stop singing Sweet Caroline and learn to watch the fights you limey fucks

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Nah the brits are alright. The crowds are full of twats but a good portion of pundits know boxing very well.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Nah the brits are alright. The crowds are full of twats but a good portion of pundits know boxing very well.
The British commentators are always the most biased.

And Britain is currently the scorecard robbery and commission/ref fuckery capital of the world. It's a miracle any road fighter ever gets a decision there.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
You are correct. They are incorregible on that small island, slightly deluded, stubborn and myopic. That said, boxing is an english sport

famicommander

15 Year Member
You are correct. They are incorregible on that small island, slightly deluded, stubborn and myopic. That said, boxing is an english sport
Queensberry rules are English but boxing dates back to 3000 BC in China and a fairly modern ruleset could be found in the Olympics in 688 BC.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Also Jose Benavidez Jr got his ass beat by Torres and suck out of there with a hometown draw. Shameful.

David Benavidez got the win but his opponent was pretty poor. Benavidez remains a one-win wonder (his only credible opponent was an aged Anthony Dirrell).
David Benavidez has no power in his punches. Krone Davis was smiling a few times after some Benavidez combinations connected.

He called out Canelo, because he knows where the money is at, but I don't think he will last 6 -7 rounds with Canelo.

He also called out Charlo, "He don't want to get in the ring with me because he is a pussy, that's why!” it was pretty funny

famicommander

15 Year Member
David Benavidez has no power in his punches. Krone Davis was smiling a few times after some Benavidez combinations connected.

He called out Canelo, because he knows where the money is at, but I don't think he will last 6 -7 rounds with Canelo.

He also called out Charlo, "He don't want to get in the ring with me because he is a pussy, that's why!” it was pretty funny
Nobody will ever big as big of a ducking pussy as Demetrius Andrade. I hope one of his bum of the month opponents beats him before he can cash out. Would serve him right.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Short list for the next Canelo fight according to trainer Eddy Reynoso
Jermall Charlo at 168 (currrent WBC 160 champ, would have to move up)
David Benavidez at 168
Artur Beterbiev at 175 (current WBC/IBF/Lineal champ)
Dmitry Bivol at 175 (current WBA Super champ)