Boxing thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Sloppy fight between Parker and Chisora. Both guys were completely gassed by round 3. Parker knocked Chisora down 3 times and had him hurt badly a fourth time, but was too tired to finish him in every case. Embarrassing fight for the "world level" at heavyweight.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Jake Paul put Woodley to sleep.

Really not a good fight overall but an exciting ending.

Both guys completely gassed early, just like the Parker/Chisora fight earlier today. Jake Paul does not have the cardio to be taking 8 rounders at this point in his career.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I actually watched this over the pro stuff. Skipped the UFC stuff and watched bits and pieces of the Parker fight afterwards.

The knock out was great. Other than that, the rest was boring.

Jake Paul is a interesting cat. He is just straight up entertainment. A side of me is rooting for him to lose but another side is rooting for him to win. I want to see how far he could go just beating up big name fighters.

Fury would have been a great match up for him. Both fighters are young and still wet behind the ears. I think Jake would have a very good shot at beating him but I guess shit happens.

These boxing fights against UFC fighters are always going to look sloppy. UFC fighters are trained to do certain things that can't be untrained this late in their career. Similar to Mayweather McGregor, Mayweather Paul. Logan is not as good as Jake when it comes to boxing but a excellent wrestler.

If Paul (Jake) was to fight a actual boxer, I feel the fight would look cleaner. More throwing, less clinching. That's my opinion anyways. Either way, it was a viscious knock out

famicommander

15 Year Member
Igpp3Gi.gif

[
fxNk5qn.gif

famicommander

15 Year Member
In actual boxing news:
Stanionis has agreed to fight Butaev instead of Ugas. This frees up Ugas for a three belt unification fight with Errol Spence in early 2022. The winner of Stanionis vs Butaev will become mandatory challenger to the Ugas/Spence winner.

Keith Thurman is also coming back in January for a PPV fight with Mario Barrios. I get that Thurman needs a softer opponent after several surgeries and two years off, but don't give me a tune up for a god damn PPV main event. If Thurman doesn't knock out Barrios he should simply retire.

famicommander

15 Year Member
DAZN ring announcer David Diamante has been in a serious motorcycle accident and is in critical condition. He's lucid and conscious and, barring complications, should eventually make a full recovery. But he'll have to learn to walk again. He has several fractures in his spine, several broken ribs, totally blew out his right knee among other injuries.

Awful stuff. Hopefully he suffers no setbacks but as it is he's in for a very hard recovery.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Dillian Whyte continues to be the worst.

The WBC ordered Tyson Fury to defend his title against Whyte.

The WBC ordered an 80/20 split of the purses.

For his last fight, Fury made over 20 million dollars. Whyte made $300K.

But Whyte is suing the WBC, demanding 45%. Their arbitration hearing to settle the matter isn't until March, so Fury can't defend his WBC title against anyone until that is settled.

So Fury will probably take a fight in March and just defend his Ring Magazine and Lineal titles, then after the hearing, he'll have to face Whyte, probably in June.

As I've said for years, this is all just Dillian Whyte trying to get Fury to drop the belt so he can have his shitty interim title elevated to a full world title without beating the champ in the ring.

IF Fury ends up dropping the belt, the WBC should order Whyte to fight Wilder for it. It would be a fitting punishment for a guy trying to politic his way to title.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Jake Paul put Woodley to sleep.

Really not a good fight overall but an exciting ending.

Both guys completely gassed early, just like the Parker/Chisora fight earlier today. Jake Paul does not have the cardio to be taking 8 rounders at this point in his career.
Pathetic cringey pantomime antics. The ko does not register as any kind of achievement. Just satisfied morbid apettites. Boxing is evermore an excersize in shennanigans. This was deeply humiliating and exploitative. Jake Paul represents utter delusion and unbridled entitlement. His ticket will get punched soon enough, maybe not in the ring.
I blame Mayweather largely for where we're at right now.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Pathetic cringey pantomime antics. The ko does not register as any kind of achievement. Just satisfied morbid apettites. Boxing is evermore an excersize in shennanigans. This was deeply humiliating and exploitative. Jake Paul represents utter delusion and unbridled entitlement. His ticket will get punched soon enough, maybe not in the ring.
I blame Mayweather largely for where we're at right now.
Muhammad Ali fought Lyle Alzado and Antonio Inoki. Jack Dempsey fought a wrestler. Sideshows have been a thing for as long as boxing itself.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Yes yes but the difference was that those spectacles wheren't overbearing on the sport
Just in the first 3 months of next year we're getting

Chocolatito vs Estrada III
Sor Rungvisai vs Cudaras II
Spence vs Ugas
Charlo vs Castano II for all the belts
Joshua vs Usyk II
Mchunu vs Makubu
Ramirez vs Pedraza

famicommander

15 Year Member
Ortiz got the come from behind KO but it's clear his legs are gone. He still has vicious power, he still has a chin, he still has skills, but he got dropped by two punches he normally doesn't get dropped by and he looked shaky on his lead leg all night.

It was an eliminator so Ortiz is due another world title shot. It's hard to imagine him beating Usyk with how his legs looked tonight but that big left can erase a lot of mistakes.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Top Rank posted one of the best fights in recent memory on their Youtube a couple months back. 2020's fight of the year, one of the most epic wars you will ever see, Zepeda vs Baranchyk. Watch it if you haven't seen it, or even if you already have, because god damn:

famicommander

15 Year Member

FUCK

God dammit.

Shit.

In other news, Gary Russell Jr's featherweight title reign is finally over. Looked like he fucked up his lead shoulder in the third or fourth round, wasn't the same. The longest title reign in men's boxing is officially ended, Mark Magsayo is the new champion.

famicommander

15 Year Member
All the fighters who fought on UFC 270 combined made 1.8 million dollars.

Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder made 30 and 20 million dollars respectively for their last fight on a card that did fewer buys than UFC 270.

Dana White is a bigger thief than Arum and Don King combined.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior

FUCK

God dammit.

Shit.

In other news, Gary Russell Jr's featherweight title reign is finally over. Looked like he fucked up his lead shoulder in the third or fourth round, wasn't the same. The longest title reign in men's boxing is officially ended, Mark Magsayo is the new champion.
According to him he hurt it during the 2008 Olympics and never got around to having surgery.

He hadn't found in almost two years, so he should of taken care of that.

Can't believe he said he won the fight afterwards. He probably punched 10 times per round after the injury.

I do hope he gets a rematch. If it is on his terms it'll be in 2024

famicommander

15 Year Member
Tyson Fury vs Dillian Whyte is finally set, after Fury's co-promoter won today's purse bid. Fury will receive 80%, Whyte will receive 20%, of the 41 million dollar winning bid.

Whyte's choices are now:
1. Shut up, take the biggest payday of his career, and finally challenge for the world heavyweight title
or
2. Continue suing everyone for more money and try to find another way to back out of yet another big fight

famicommander

15 Year Member
Canelo has 3 options on the table right now:
1. move all the way up to cruiserweight to challenge Ilunga Makabu for the WBC title. This is much less exciting now though, after Makabu needed some Don King home cooking to win a robbery in his defense against Mchunu this weekend. Also, Canelo would have to work with King himself since that's who promotes Makabu.

2. defend his undisputed super middleweight title against Jermall Charlo, who would move up from 160 to take the fight. This would be a Showtime or Fox PPV.

3. Two-fight contract with DAZN: First he'd go to light heavyweight to challenge Dmitry Bivol, then go back down to 168 to defend his undisputed titles against Gennadiy Golovkin in a trilogy (assuming Golovkin wins his long delayed WBA/IBF/IBO 160 pound unification fight with Ryota Murata)

In terrible news, Srisaket Sor Rungvisai is sick and has now pulled out of the Cuadras fight with an illness. Cuadras will now fight Jesse Rodriguez for the vacant title. We were supposed to get Cuadras vs SSR II, Choco vs Estrada III, and then winner vs winner this year. Instead Estrada and SSR both got sick and we're getting Cuadras vs Rodriguez and Choco vs Julio Cesar Martinez. Bummer.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Way too much moving up and down with regards to Canelo.

I have always been a Golovkin fan but unless he's changed up his game, I would wager his better days are behind him and he's on the descent.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Yeah, it's a damn shame. GGG beat Canelo clean twice and got a draw and a loss for it, but if they fight again I don't see how GGG can win. Canelo keeps getting bigger and better while GGG will be 40 in April.