Boxing thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
welp

Jermall Charlo vs Jaime Munguia has fallen apart. Both fighters agreed to the fight but Showtime wanted it to be a normal Showtime fight and Oscar De La Hoya insisted on a PPV, so both sides walked away.

Boxing politics suck. DLH thinks this is a big enough fight for a DAZN-Showtime jointly promoted PPV.

The only jointly promoted PPVs in the last 20 years:
Lennox Lewis vs Mike Tyson
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao
Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury II and III

that's it. And Oscar thinks fucking Munguia vs Charlo is on that level?

famicommander

15 Year Member
Lomachenko has officially withdrawn from the Kambosos fight to remain in Ukraine.

In the meantime, Kambosos and Haney will settle the undisputed status at lightweight. Kambosos is the legitimate world champion with the lineal, Ring Magazine, WBA, IBF, WBO, and WBC "Franchise" titles. The WBC had to split their own title before Lomachenko vs Lopez, with the winner of that fight being "Franchise" and elevating then-interim WBC champion to full champion status.

Respect to Kambosos for fighting the best available. His last 5 fights he agreed to:
Devin Haney for undisputed
Lomechenko (canceled due to war)
Teofimo Lopez, American reigning champion in the US
Lee Selby, British former champion in the UK
Mickey Bey, American former champion in the US

Meanwhile, Gervonta Davis and his fake ass WBA "Regular" belt are fighting bum ass Rolly Romero.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Kiko Martinez (reigning)
Miguel Berchelt (former)
Lee Selby (former)

World champions that got knocked out today. Time for all three of them to hang it up.

famicommander

15 Year Member
June 5 in Australia, ESPN with the TV coverage, fight is official.

WBA, WBO, IBF, Ring Magazine, Lineal, and "WBC Franchise" World Lightweight Champion George Kambosos vs WBC Lightweight Champion Devin Haney to crown the first undisputed lightweight champion since Pernell Whittaker moved up to super lightweight in 1992.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Naoya Inoue vs Nonito Donaire II has been confirmed for June 7 at Saitama Super Arena in Japan.

Titles on the line:
vacant lineal
Inoue's Ring Magazine, WBA, and IBF
Donaire's WBC

First one was fight of the year 2019.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Any predictions for Gennadiy Golovkin vs Ryota Murata this weekend?

Fight is to unify the WBA/IBF/IBO middleweight titles.

I'm going to take GGG by 8th round TKO. Should be an all action fight as Murata is a come-forward pressure fighter.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Great fight between Golovkin and Murata.

Golovkin looked really, really slow in the first four rounds. Feet stuck in the mud, looked hurt to the body a couple times.

But from the fifth round on Murata stopped being able to walk through GGG's punches and the tide turned. GGG broke him down and brutally stopped him in the 9th. Murata's corner threw in the towel but it didn't look like he was getting up anyway.

GGG is now a unified middleweight champion for the second time in his career. First time it was WBA/WBC/IBF/IBO, this time WBA/IBF/IBO.

I doubt GGG can beat Canelo but he's earned the chance. Already beat him twice but it's hard to imagine him pulling it off again at 40.

famicommander

15 Year Member
GGG vs top 10 opponents and/or world champions:
W vs Kassim Ouma TKO10 (former champion, unranked)
W vs Grzegorz Proksa TKO5 (ranked)
W vs Gabriel Rosado TKO7 (ranked)
W vs Matthew Macklin TKO3 (ranked)
W vs Curtis Stevens RTD8 (ranked)
W vs Daniel Geale TKO3 (former champion, ranked)
W vs Marco Antonio Rubio KO2 (ranked)
W vs Martin Murray TKO11 (ranked)
W vs David Lemieux TKO8 (reigning champion, ranked)
W vs Kell Brook TKO5 (reigning champion and ranked, but at a lower weight)
W vs Daniel Jacobs UD12 (future champion, ranked)
D vs Canelo Alvarez SD12 (robbery) (reigning champion, ranked)
L vs Canelo Alvarez MD12 (robbery) (reigning champion, ranked)
W vs Sergiy Derevyanchenko UD12 (ranked)
W vs Kamil Szeremata RTD7 (ranked)
W vs Ryota Murata TKO9 (reigning champion, ranked)

Total record: 14-1-1 with 12 KOs; should be 16-0-0 but he got robbed twice

famicommander

15 Year Member
Junto Nakatani (not Nakatari, you DAZN clowns) defending his WBO flyweight title:
lgi9EFc.gif

RFKQPMg.gif

RXqqhGH.gif

QanOG1B.gif

famicommander

15 Year Member
Huge fight on Saturday

Errol Spence Jr vs Yordenis Ugas in a 3 belt unification at welterweight

Spence:
Reigning WBC, IBF champion
TBRB #1
ESPN #2
Ring Magazine #1
27-0-0-0
last fight: W UD12 vs Danny Garcia

Ugas:
Reigning WBA (Super) champion
TBRB #3
ESPN #3
Ring Magazine #3
27-4-0-0
last fight: W UD12 vs Manny Pacquiao

Hopefully winner gets WBO Champion and consensus #2 Terence Crawford next.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Luis Ortiz vs Andy Ruiz is set for this summer.

Ortiz's only two losses came in title challenges against Wilder; Ortiz was winning both fights before getting obliterated by Wilder in come from behind KOs.

Ruiz's only two losses also came in title fights. He lost a very questionable decision in a WBO title fight against Joseph Parker (who later lost that belt to Joshua), then lost the rematch when he came in 20 pounds overweight after knocking out Joshua the first time around.

Winner of this fight should probably get a title shot next. With Wilder MIA, Joshua fghting Usyk, and Fury fighting Whyte this is the best possible matchup for both guys.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Dillian Whyte has an eating disorder. He won't stop eating uppercuts
d28gbpv.gif

HCv5i0X.gif

povetkin-whyte-dillian-ko-knock-out-gif-18207259.gif

R03dQmm.gif

Hzo4GU.gif

Fight was awful, except for that punch. There was that and the elbow during the clinch, but other than that it was a weak fight.

Fury's ring entrance was more entertaining.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Dillian Whyte wasn't good enough to make Fury get out of first gear. There was no tension like in the Wilder trilogy, no shocking disbelief like in the Klitschko fight. Just a certainty that eventually Fury was going to land the uppercut. I predicted a 5th round uppercut KO before the fight; missed it by a round.

Hopefully Whyte just fucks off now. He never wanted this title shot. His entire career has been a transparent attempt to politic his way to a world title but he backed himself into a corner and had to face the music today. Ducked at least three world title eliminators and a unified title shot before testing positive for PEDs (again) and getting iced by a half-dead Povetkin and bitched the whole time about not getting his title shot. Then he finally gets his shot with a career high purse and he tries to sue his way out of it, hoping against hope his fake ass interim belt would be elevated and Fury (and before him, Wilder) would be stripped of the real WBC belt.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Two of those three judges gave multiple rounds of that fight to Dillian Whyte.

I had it a shutout for Fury and the only round that was remotely close was the first.

Of course nobody cares about the scorecards because the fight ended in a TKO, but shitty judges shouldn't get away with it.

The BBBoC remains the worst organization in combat sports, and that's really saying something considering MTK Promotions is being shut down due to ties to a crime lord and Don King still promotes fights in the US.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Whyte says the tko was illegal, he got pushed and his head hit the canvas so he believes he shouldve had more recovery time.
He wants another go.

The fuck you mean another? You never went in the first place 🤣

famicommander

15 Year Member
Whyte says the tko was illegal, he got pushed and his head hit the canvas so he believes he shouldve had more recovery time.
He wants another go.

The fuck you mean another? You never went in the first place 🤣
This is the same man who claimed he wasn't knocked out by Povetkin
"I just remember falling and the referee saying 'six, seven.' And then after, tried to get up, and the referee was saying 'nah, nah, nah, it's a heavy knockdown'.. blah, blah, blah. I was alright, I wasn't like sparko, sparko. I can't say like 'Oh I didn't get dropped.' It was a great shot to the point of the chin, and I got dropped. But I was all right. I got up straight after, I was cool,"
povetkin-whyte-dillian-ko-knock-out-gif-18207259.gif

It took him like 3 solid minutes to get up.\

EDIT:
ref didn't even count it lol
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

"i was fine"

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Canelo fighting Dmitry Bivol this weekend.

Anyone crazy enough to pick Bivol?

It's not even that Bivol is a bad fighter. He's a great fighter and a legitimate world titlist, and also much bigger and faster than Canelo. But Canelo has just looked so damn unbeatable since that second GGG robbery.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Canelo fighting Dmitry Bivol this weekend.

Anyone crazy enough to pick Bivol?

It's not even that Bivol is a bad fighter. He's a great fighter and a legitimate world titlist, and also much bigger and faster than Canelo. But Canelo has just looked so damn unbeatable since that second GGG robbery.

Bivol was bigger, faster, and stronger than Canelo. He was the wrong boxer for Canelo to fight moving up in weight.

168 is a better fit.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I don't know what's more surprising

That Canelo got his ass beat
or
That the judges didn't hand him the win or draw anyway like they did against GGG twice

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
I don't know what's more surprising

That Canelo got his ass beat
or
That the judges didn't hand him the win or draw anyway like they did against GGG twice

They were close to handing him the draw.
If he would've won the 12th in dominant fashion this this would've been a draw.

I can't believe he was 1 round away from a draw.

famicommander

15 Year Member
They were close to handing him the draw.
If he would've won the 12th in dominant fashion this this would've been a draw.

I can't believe he was 1 round away from a draw.
I mean he lost all 12 rounds to Floyd and one of the judges gave him a draw.

He lost at least 8 rounds in the first GGG fight and at least 7 in the second fight and got away with a draw and a win.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Disgraceful scores once again where Canelo is concerned. It was so embarrisingly easy for Bivol that they couldn't take it away from him. They certainly did try though.