Brikin'ger/Iron Clad Coming To The Wii Virtual Console

Asure

Captain Dick,
I'd like to state my latest finding regarding VC roms.
I went and extracted the Fatal Fury 1, Fatal Fury 2 and Top Hunter rom sets from the VC releases. These are all identical to the dumps floating around. (Top Hunter being the last release called 'set2' in mame.)

In a side note, if you wanted to see the game as 'Burikinger' i can confirm, you need to set the console to japanse, close neorage/mame/whatever (saving the Japanese/MVS) settings. Then delete the nvram (or highscore) file for that game. When you power it up again, it will have the Burikinger name in the soft-dip settings.

I think it's safe to say this is a 100% real dump from a game that was finished, but just never saw a release on MVS for whatever reason.

aria

Former Moderator
This is part of the policy reasoning as to why even unreleased games are subject top copyright law and any copies are considered the same piracy as any other game.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
220-c1.bin 8,192KB
220-c2.bin 8,192KB
220-m1.bin 128KB
220-p1.bin 2,048KB
220-s1.bin 46KB
220-v1.bin 3,275KB

LOL, I have to compare these to the CD conversion I was trying to do years ago. I still have those files. I never could get that to run correctly... This makes me curious as to just how far I was off from the final product.

I agree it is nice to see this finally make it out to the Neo community. Sure, it'll be bootlegged to hell now, but there is absolutely zero MVS market these days anyway. Though, I also don't see any reason for burning this onto a cart either. Do you really need it in your cab? Is it not enough to play it through an emulator? Ah well... fools and their money, I guess. I can't say I blame you. I probably would have done the same 10 years ago.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Do you really need it in your cab? Is it not enough to play it through an emulator? Ah well... fools and their money, I guess. I can't say I blame you. I probably would have done the same 10 years ago.
No cab for me, but emulators are not real; I don't play anything on them. The programmers intended it to run on the Neo platform, and I think it's remarkable that we now have the opportunity to do so.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
S-rom should be 128KB and V-rom 4,096KB.

Interesting. This set I have actually works fine. I guess I'll have to search around for a different zip, though, or mine probably won't work in mame when it gets updated.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
LOL, this made my day:

results.png

We're famous!

SSS

neo retired
LOL, this made my day:

I don't get it, is that someone who had the actual proto dump and is now bitter their exclusivity ran out? or just someone who wanted to find it posted in this thread but couldn't...

I don't get it, is that someone who had the actual proto dump and is now bitter their exclusivity ran out? or just someone who wanted to find it posted in this thread but couldn't...

Could be Japhei, last year he was hoarding about having the MVS version of ironclad, which is false, if you watch his youtube vids, it´s clear that is the CD version running since it has arranged soundtracks.

Now the real mvs version is out, so he topped his previous lie with another one claiming he was responsible for the rom release.

http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17475

pathetic.

SSS

neo retired
Could be Japhei, last year he was hoarding about having the MVS version of ironclad, which is false, if you watch his youtube vids, it´s clear that is the CD version running since it has arranged soundtracks.

Now the real mvs version is out, so he topped his previous lie with another one claiming he was responsible for the rom release.

pathetic.

he "promised"? guess he works for snkp of japan now.

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire

pathetic.

Good lord... Typically I might find something like this funny in a way, but really you nailed the word that describes it: pathetic.

From his blog site that he linked in the RB post:
"Another fine proto release from the guy who helped bring Zintrick ,Ghost Lop, and Snk Vs Capcom Chaos out for all you PUNK ass UNGRATEFUL NEO GEO BITCHES."

Where is the NG.com RB team to set the record straight here?

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Good lord... Typically I might find something like this funny in a way, but really you nailed the word that describes it: pathetic.

From his blog site that he linked in the RB post:
"Another fine proto release from the guy who helped bring Zintrick ,Ghost Lop, and Snk Vs Capcom Chaos out for all you PUNK ass UNGRATEFUL NEO GEO BITCHES."

Where is the NG.com RB team to set the record straight here?

TIME FOR A DDOS INVASION!!1!!!1111!!

Is that just a standard mame compatible rom?

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire
Anyone who pays those kind of prices either a total moron or has way too much money while having way too little patience. An IC repro is worth ~$125-160 if you factor in a fair fee for the work (it's ~$75 in parts for MVS, ~$100-110 for AES in clamshell (with insert/sticker)).

ruderudie

Cheng's Errand Boy
Is there anyone who can upload an insert for a shockbox at southtown? At this time i'm lucky to be European and know someone who will fix me an Ironclad for just the price of a cart and a small fee. And no, i'm not gonna sell it for big $ on ebay. Custom label would be great too! Great news after all the false proto claims in the past that we can finally add this game to the MVS library.

Last edited:

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Could anyone tell me how playable the VC-Version is on the Wii?

Any slowdowns or shitty music?

Will it be released in europe?

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
If anyone has a cheat file for use with emulators with this game please drop me a PM. It will save me time finding cheats to add to the next unibios release.

Happy new year all, Raz