Browser is now outdated on a perfectly working unit ANOTHER SCAM!

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
My iPad's browser is outdated. No more browser updates for this unit is available.
BB

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
What are you guys using these days?I'm in Internet hell as I refuse to use CONCAST(I despise these retards) and Verizon.They are the BIG 2 that have monopolized this area.
T-mobile is not that great....pretty bad lately.
I could walk away from this internet sh8t and not look back [sarcasm on]but I don't want to disappoint all my fans.[sarcasm off]

BB

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
What are you guys using these days?I'm in Internet hell as I refuse to use CONCAST(I despise these retards) and Verizon.They are the BIG 2 that have monopolized this area.
T-mobile is not that great....pretty bad lately.
I could walk away from this internet sh8t and not look back [sarcasm on]but I don't want to disappoint all my fans.[sarcasm off]

BB
Internet needs to be nationalized, full stop.

The BILLIONS and BILLIONS of $$$ the government has given these private companies to create Internet infrastructure has been a failure, especially in rural areas.

Time for internet to be classified as a utility. FUCK PRIVATE INTERNET COMPANIES TO HELL.
LS

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I have to kind of agree with you here because the big companies box out the start ups making it impossible for them to compete.The Internet is made out to be a necessity...I mean..everything is tied to this sh8t in some way or another
Also lets stop with the browsers needing to be updated/upgraded as there are no REAL upgrades enough at this point to justify purchasing a new device...
BB

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
iPads expire. They look disposable, they are disposable. Don’t hose yourself, use an actual computer.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
For internet providers in the US, you don't really get a choice. Most of us can choose between one DSL provider and one cable provider that has a monopoly in our area. And the quality of the service varies, depending on your neighborhood.

In my case, I was happy with my DSL provider, but when I moved to my current area, their service was unreliable, so I had to switch to "Concast". So no choice.

Hoping affordable fiber makes it to my neighborhood sooner than later.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Internet needs to be nationalized, full stop.

The BILLIONS and BILLIONS of $$$ the government has given these private companies to create Internet infrastructure has been a failure, especially in rural areas.

Time for internet to be classified as a utility. FUCK PRIVATE INTERNET COMPANIES TO HELL.
LS

In all seriousness I do agree that a basic high speed internet access should be treated as a utility in the way telephone is/was.

That said with regard to open access to the internet, that’s all well and good except…the internet itself is firmly now entrenched in the hands of the corporate oligarchy: whether it’s the web hosts, the platforms which serve as the de facto digital public square, and then payment processors. We’ve a long way to go to make the web at least feel open again as it did when all of use first started using it.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
The internet failed in someways to do what we hope it would. We didn’t realize people wouldn’t actually want the freedoms it provides, they just want “TV 2.0” combined with “talking shit about Mexicans on the phone with Aunt Beth 2.0”. When the dumbfucks outnumber the Linux hippies and technoethicists 1000:1 nobody will even know to what extent the greatest thing ever was reduced to an ad delivery machine that spends most of its time delivering spam into junk folders and streaming 1000 different home improvement shows to houses where people are taking over the top of it as they eat dinner.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
iPads expire. They look disposable, they are disposable. Don’t hose yourself, use an actual computer.
And I would not automatically gravitate towards a Mac either, I have a 2019 Macbook Pro and I have to wrestle it daily. What kind of kool-aid were people drinking all this time, not even Windows 3.1 had a "if you can't log in, restart in safety mode" notice on the log in screen, nor it had the password box missing half my keystrokes. It seems great when it's actually functioning properly, but I have 100s of issues with it for doing basic productivity stuff.

Is it haunted, did I spill too much baja blast mountain dew on it, or are macbook pros just shit? Well you decide, it's your money, but I ain't bothering with Apple shit anymore.

I would like for the internet to fucking go away

same

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member

Indeed they do, but jailbreaking can help get around limitations and extend the life of an old iPad. Use third party browsers, use the "Checkmate, Store!" tweak to get easy access to older versions of apps that will still work on an older iOS version. There's tweaks for all sorts of functions like Dark Mode, bluetooth mouse and keyboard support, iCleaner which can disable never-used services to free up ram, so on and so forth.

My iPad's browser is outdated. No more browser updates for this unit is available.
BB

I recommend you try some third party browsers, whatever will work on your iPad. Firefox, Chrome and Opera Mini all have versions for older iOS versions still on the app store. The only problem is you need these apps in your "purchase" history in order to get the prompt "would you like to download the last compatible version". With a jailbreak, you can use the Checkmate, Store! or AppAdmin tweak to get around this. Or, if you can temporarily get access to the app store on a newer device, get those browsers into your "purchase" history.

I say purchase in quotes because you don't pay for free apps at all, but they all still go in the "purchases" tab in the app store.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Sounds like a real fucking blast to use an old iPad. Throw it out and buy a newer one from a fucking thrift store . Kiss your precious apps goodbye

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I take a Teddy Roosevelt approach to things in life.

Do what you can with what you have, where you are.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The internet failed in someways to do what we hope it would. We didn’t realize people wouldn’t actually want the freedoms it provides, they just want “TV 2.0” combined with “talking shit about Mexicans on the phone with Aunt Beth 2.0”. When the dumbfucks outnumber the Linux hippies and technoethicists 1000:1 nobody will even know to what extent the greatest thing ever was reduced to an ad delivery machine that spends most of its time delivering spam into junk folders and streaming 1000 different home improvement shows to houses where people are taking over the top of it as they eat dinner.

The internet absolutely became what Orson Scott Card predicted it would become in Ender’s Game. Or rather it’s use: organized disinformation and directed propaganda (complete with planned opposition!)

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Oh I didnt know it was a 1:0.

Jailbreak that bitch, there's gotta be a JB available for it. Then install whatever you need.
I’m assuming it’s a 1.0 or something else that was EOLed a while ago. I bought my mother a 1.0 and at this point it’s as useless as tits on a chicken but the MacBook I bought years before that still gets use running Traktor if nothing else. Tablets suck, even the really good ones, maybe especially the good ones. They just aren’t built to be run for a decade like a decent computer can. They’re Xmas gifts.