Browser is now outdated on a perfectly working unit ANOTHER SCAM!

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Who could have predicted planned obsolescence would be bad for consumers?

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
And I would not automatically gravitate towards a Mac either, I have a 2019 Macbook Pro and I have to wrestle it daily. What kind of kool-aid were people drinking all this time, not even Windows 3.1 had a "if you can't log in, restart in safety mode" notice on the log in screen, nor it had the password box missing half my keystrokes. It seems great when it's actually functioning properly, but I have 100s of issues with it for doing basic productivity stuff.

Is it haunted, did I spill too much baja blast mountain dew on it, or are macbook pros just shit? Well you decide, it's your money, but I ain't bothering with Apple shit anymore.

You're definitely doing something wrong. My 2014 MBP is still doing fine.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I’m assuming it’s a 1.0 or something else that was EOLed a while ago. I bought my mother a 1.0 and at this point it’s as useless as tits on a chicken but the MacBook I bought years before that still gets use running Traktor if nothing else. Tablets suck, even the really good ones, maybe especially the good ones. They just aren’t built to be run for a decade like a decent computer can. They’re Xmas gifts.

That is true. I have a tablet that I got from my cel provider in a promotion. It's an android tablet, and even when I got it, it wasn't a top of the line model at all. It literally sat and was only used as a comic book reader until I started working from home. They had us start using a VPN for a while, and one of the authenticators was tablet/phone based. Then they finally upgraded their remote workers and I dont have to use it anymore so... back in the drawer it goes lol

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I've been using the same ipad for 6 or 7 years. I love it and use it completely differently than a computer. Just right off the bat, reading comics while sitting at a desk is the shits.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Between this thread and the As Seen on TV one I'm worried about BB, my 72 year old mom doesn't even have these kinds of old people problems.
I feel like I've been the only one to notice it before these two threads, but BB has been in sharp decline for more than a decade. Since early-Obama, really. If Rugal2000 was to return for a rematch now, he would walk all over an addled and bewildered BB.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Sounds more like a software issue.
Damn right it is a software issue, but it's something I've never had to deal with before even on the jankiest of the cheapo laptops running Windows. As I said, maybe it really is haunted.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I feel like I've been the only one to notice it before these two threads, but BB has been in sharp decline for more than a decade. Since early-Obama, really. If Rugal2000 was to return for a rematch now, he would walk all over an addled and bewildered BB.
BIG BEAR's in bed, looking frail. The Kid is by his side, holding his hand.

"Di..did I make shockboxes?"

"Yes, you did," replies The Kid, his eyes welling up.

"And...Obama was a Muslim who took our guns?"

"Yes, he was," replies The Kid, with a lump in his throat and tears streaming down his face.