BUMP OF THE MONTH - OCTOBER: BURNING FIGHT!

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Survived Tom, Beat up the tattooed fat guy's wife, only to get worked over on the train by another "Sweaty Palmz" Gonzalez :sigh:

Mugicha - 66,650 - Ryu - Stage 2

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
fomoco&co 73,000 duke mvs,

i forget the level, but after hogan etc..2 dudes and chick with knife

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Maybe it's just me, I dunno, but...has anyone else noticed that in the attract screens, Duke moves to EXACTLY the same location doing EXACTLY the same attack routine every time, whether there are opponents on screen or not?

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
Maybe it's just me, I dunno, but...has anyone else noticed that in the attract screens, Duke moves to EXACTLY the same location doing EXACTLY the same attack routine every time, whether there are opponents on screen or not?

lmao, yea, I saw them just standing around punching nothing....super attractive... I mean, I couldn't wait to play.. :loco:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
andsuchisdeath - 137,350 - stage 2 - Billy - PS2

bfightscore.jpg

Stage 2 on the train roof.

EDIT: Hahaha oops. Tom Anderson is just a mid boss. Marshall is the stage 2 boss.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'm gonna play this maybe tomorrow and post a pic and score.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
:blow_top:
EllertMichael - 127,700 - Stage 2 - Billy - MVS

As I'm playing my MVS cart, the sound when I knock down an enemy gradually gets crunchier and crunchier until it is just a terrible noise. My boards match others online, so I don't think it's a boot. Any idea why this happens and how to fix it? I've reseated the cart a hundred times already and it still happens. I don't want to damage the speakers on my cab :annoyed:

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I just got a Neo-geo MB, need to order a multi-cart to get on this, looks fun.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Dammit, almost.

132,250 with Ryu. Mine was on the Rolento looking stage that has that platform in the middle. Those fat bastards swarmed me. But what pissed me off the most is that my nephew was watching me play and I want to show him the hobo bj but when he was about to he got smacked and then didn't do it again.

bf-score-botm.jpg

Dammit, almost.

132,250 with Ryu. Mine was on the Rolento looking stage that has that platform in the middle. Those fat bastards swarmed me. But what pissed me off the most is that my nephew was watching me play and I want to show him the hobo bj but when he was about to he got smacked and then didn't do it again.

Wow nice score! And I thought the fact that I broke 60,000 was impressive. :)

EDIT - Just noticed several people have been achieving really nice scores. Good job all.

Last edited:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Just to get on the board:

Skate323k137 - 49,650 - Duke - stage 2 - MVS

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
:blow_top:
EllertMichael - 127,700 - Stage 2 - Billy - MVS
MaUl9gL.jpg

As I'm playing my MVS cart, the sound when I knock down an enemy gradually gets crunchier and crunchier until it is just a terrible noise. My boards match others online, so I don't think it's a boot. Any idea why this happens and how to fix it? I've reseated the cart a hundred times already and it still happens. I don't want to damage the speakers on my cab :annoyed:

I dont' want to shit up the thread but here man have a look at what I'm going through with a Bust a Move cart
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?246546-Bust-a-Move-MVS-sound-effect-issues

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
Small improvement...
ooS13i8.png

EllertMichael - 133,300 - Stage 2 - Duke

I dont' want to shit up the thread but here man have a look at what I'm going through with a Bust a Move cart
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?246546-Bust-a-Move-MVS-sound-effect-issues

Thanks for that, dude. I did a little more searching and there are a few old threads of people having the same issue with Burning Fight with the similar board sets that are in my cart. I tried all 6 different regions/hardware set ups on the Unibios, I cleared the ram in my mobo, I cleaned and reseated the cart a bunch of times, and that crunch still creeps up on me. :annoyed:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
andsuchisdeath - 185,950 - stage 3 - Billy - PS2

burningfightnew.jpg

I finally beat Marshall, and ended my run toward the beginning of stage three.

This game is rigid as hell, and pretty frustrating to play for score (and even more frustrating to play for survival). Oh, and there IS a way to play for score. Hopefully once all of these Burning Fight lovers out there start posting more scores and start asking some questions, a few mystic secrets may be revealed.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
andsuchisdeath - 219,450 - stage 3 - Billy - PS2

newburn.jpg

I ended my run at stage 3 with a wiffed hyper fighting Colin Powell's brother, the bootleg Tom Anderson known as Gary Powell. He had a pixel of health, and mine would have been refilled in the next scene if I had killed him. God Damn.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Sorry about the late updates to the scoreboard. Between the day job, making cables and my family, I barely have time to game! I'll update the first post and add a score of my own later today.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
andsuchisdeath - 231,300 - stage 3 - Billy - PS2

I've killed Gary Powell. I've made it onto the platform. I'm going to take a little break.

garypowell.jpg

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
Sorry about the late updates to the scoreboard. Between the day job, making cables and my family, I barely have time to game! I'll update the first post and add a score of my own later today.

No worries. I got you, homeboy ;)

1. andsuchisdeath - 231,300 - Stage 3 - Billy - PS2
2. EllertMichael - 133,300 - Stage 2 - Duke - MVS
3. Xian Xi - 132,250 - Stage 3 - Ryu - MVS
4. fomoco&co - 73,000 - Stage ? - Duke - MVS
5. psychobear85 - 67,000 - Stage ? - Billy - MVS
6. Mugicha - 66,650 - Stage 2 - Ryu - MVS
7. SNKorSWM - 52,050 - Stage 1 - Duke - MVS
8. Official Ninja - 51,900 - Stage ? - Duke - AES
9. SkeletonDog666 - 45,800 - Stage 2 - Billy - MVS
10. whisper2053 - 41,150 - Stage ? - Ryu - MVS

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Mine is via MVS btw. Hmmm, I'm gonna try with Billy and see what happens. I just hope he isn't too slow for me.

Edit: Holy shit, 231K? I'll try.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Mine is via MVS btw. Hmmm, I'm gonna try with Billy and see what happens. I just hope he isn't too slow for me.

Edit: Holy shit, 231K? I'll try.

That score can more or less be achieved with any character. There's nothing magical about Billy score wise. However, I consider him the fastest character in the game due to his hyper. He's the only guy who can run.

EDIT: Burning Fight is a terrible game. Burning Fight the song is slightly better.

Last edited: