BUMP OF THE MONTH - OCTOBER: BURNING FIGHT!

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
photo (3).JPG

Billy, 65,900 stage 2.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
A piece of the scoring reveal

There really is only one good crowd control tool in Burning Fight. That tool happens to be the weakest move in the game, and it happens to be worth 250 points every time it connects.

The jump attack. Abuse it. The timing and it's hit box for all three characters is funky. However, with enough practice you can control and space out a crowd consistently, and score 250 points per hit in the process.

Punches are ok. But guess what? Each punch is worth 50 points. And a punch combo takes along time to create a knockdown (yet still does high damage). If you're not knocking your opponents down frequently, you're in for a world of trouble. Generally before you can finish a punch combo, you will get kicked/punched/shanked from behind by thugs on the other side, while simultaneously building a weak score.

You can squeeze ten 250 point jump kicks out of some enemies as opposed to six 50 point punches, and remain safe in the process.

Learn to love it.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I usually do a lot of jump attacks but usually only when there is a lot of guys on the screen. I'll see what happens.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I'm stuck around 50k, but I've only played a couple credits. I'll have to try some of the advice in this thread.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm stuck around 50k, but I've only played a couple credits. I'll have to try some of the advice in this thread.

You'll have to try some of the advice in this thread? There is no advice anywhere in this thread. Only my mandatory scripture at post #52 , in which you must follow in order to walk the path of victory.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
You'll have to try some of the advice in this thread? There is no advice anywhere in this thread. Only my mandatory scripture at post #52 , in which you must follow in order to walk the path of victory.

lol. I've been trying the jump kicks, its definitely raised the score very quickly, but I keep getting sucker punched since my timing isn't always right for landing the kicks on everyone. Still working on it, thx for the tip andsuch.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
lol. I've been trying the jump kicks, its definitely raised the score very quickly, but I keep getting sucker punched since my timing isn't always right for landing the kicks on everyone. Still working on it, thx for the tip andsuch.

Yeah, it takes quite a bit of practice to get the timing for the move down in general. Let alone modifying the timing for certain enemies (chain guys) etc.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member

That's what I meant by "advice in this thread" :lolz:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Damn, I came close but it was that damn guy with the chain "Johnny?" when I was fighting the black guy at the construction site that did the most damage as he kept jumping it as I was trying to jump kick that guy.

Well, I can verify that jump kicking EVERYTHING certainly boots your score. I think by the time I was fighting Hulk Hogan I was already at 100k and the black guy I was at 200K but on the damn platform again I died from those fat bastards.

IMG_2082.jpg

I'm done after that. Jump kicking everyone was so boring...lol Fuck that shit, I want to have fun in these challenges. That guy that pushes the truck took me the longest as he kept doing freaking cartwheels or something.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Impressive results Xian Xi.

EDIT: Yeah, the game is a miserable experience regardless of how it's played.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Impressive results Xian Xi.

EDIT: Yeah, the game is a miserable experience regardless of how it's played.

I actually like BF when I use a shitload of punches. Doing it with the jump kicks made me not like it at all though as it felt like a chore. The jump kicks also have a cut off point in the amount of time you can do one that I think is a lot shorter than Final Fight which is why I really had to adjust. But ya, I was kicking everything, even the stuff in the shops and the breakable items, even the hobo that blew me.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
For anyone who might want to play this game for score in the future (doubtful)...

Landing a hyper on destructible scenery yields 1,000 per hit.

Those pianos containing the POW drinks are worth hypering until destroyed, as well as any destructible scenery that contains food items.