Buriki One

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
First of all what happened to all the threads that used to be in this (dead) section?

Second I got Buriki in the mail today and have logged some play time with it. Well it's pretty good and a lot more intuitive than I was led to believe.

I've only used Gai so far but have been impressed. I knew the graphics were going to be chunky and rough so thats no big deal. The fact that SNK made a UFC/grapple style 3D game is also pretty damn cool.

I know there are other fans of this game and it's pretty innovative so if you have the means to play it I'd suggest doing so.

Another thing if anyone has sound and PSU cables for a rev. 1 or maybe even a cheap rev 2 mobo let me know as the cables I have now aren't long enough for me to set this up in my cab for the moment.

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior
Try Rob Python and Payak. They are two of the most fun characters to use. But the whole game is great. One of the greatest and most underrated fighter games of all time.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
As far as the cables go, you can make new ones or even jammafy your rev1 to get mono sound off the jamma edge. Info for the mod is on the main Hyper 64 wiki.

Thaks for the info

I may just do that as I have more than one mobo. Just in case I want to use one on my super gun without having to unhook shit from my cab.

A

alan.robert

hyper

i sell hyper neo on ebay and everyone who gets is supprised how good it is dont know why everyone slates it i love it.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
As far as the cables go, you can make new ones or even jammafy your rev1 to get mono sound off the jamma edge. Info for the mod is on the main Hyper 64 wiki.
I just answered a question about the cable in the Tech Support board, and I basically don't know if the cable is replaceable or not. So it is, huh?

Thaks for the info

I may just do that as I have more than one mobo. Just in case I want to use one on my super gun without having to unhook shit from my cab.
Stereo stound is the only way to go. So I suggest you get the cable and add RCA plugs to it like I did.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You just have to find out what the connector is and make one.

As far as the stereo sound goes the best thing to do in the future is to get your hands on a Rev2 if you have the chance since it can switch between jamma and mvs at the flip of a switch.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
The Rev 2 is so much more expensive, and my Rev 1 works fine with everything wired up.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
True but if you find a deal you cant pass up then go for it and sell the rev 1 is all I'm saying. I loved my rev1 when I had it so it's fine.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Yeah, if you want it and can find a reasonable deal, go for it. I was set on the Rev 2 too, except I got my Rev 1 all setup just fine on my supergun now, so I don't see any need to trade up.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Is anyone playing Buriki with the correct control layout?

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Isn't the official Buriki-One joystick/button setup really hard to find?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The official setup yes but I was asking about layout, doesnt have to be official.

And I hate it when n00bs think that Buriki is played with buttons to attack, so they think the Ryo super combo is easy to do.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I didn't used to know that the joystick is on the right on the cabinet for the game. I don't really see the point. I guess it reinforces the idea that gamers are used to doing movement with the left hand and keeps things that way. I guess it's cool, since you never get to use a joystick with the right hand. But when I used to think the joystick is on the left, as per usual, it seemed unique and fine that way. I don't have any complaints about playing this one with the normal layout. It works fine. Doesn't the screen show the joystick on the left of the buttons too, or am I imagining that? I haven't played it in a while.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Yeah I have no interest in switching the joystick and buttons. However if I had a candy cab and could maybe find one of those dedicated CPs for it I would do that.

And yeah I know I need to get a rev 2 mobo but a few years ago I got a sealed case of 4 rev 1 boards cheap as hell so they work for now. I just can't remember what I did with all the PSU and audio wires.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Doesn't the screen show the joystick on the left of the buttons too, or am I imagining that? I haven't played it in a while.

Yeah if yo leave the second system/assist thing on it does show the normal button and stick layout.

Also the Tae Kwon Do guy seems to be pretty bad ass as well as the Tai Chi guy. Really digging this game the more I play it.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Yeah if yo leave the second system/assist thing on it does show the normal button and stick layout.
So if the screen agrees that the joystick should be on the left... ?

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Yeah but since there is an official CP(as far as I know) with the joystick and buttons on opposite sides I suppose that it how it was intended to be played.

I really don't know, whatever suits you fancy I guess.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Nope, on the second system the joystick is on the right and buttons on the left.

Right now I play it with the regular setup, I'm trying to get some cheap sticks and buttons and gonna make 2 dedicated sticks for buriki use just to try it out the way it was meant to be played.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Go for it. You must really like the game. For me, I think the regular Neo sticks I use are good enough. It's bad enough I have a gigantic Neo board just for 4 games, but one stick just for one game is too much.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I love it, always have. I want to try it out the correct way to see if maybe the moves come out easier for me since I will be using my right hand instead of left.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
If you didn't mind only doing single player, you could wire up a jamma adaptor that remaps the joystick from P2 to P1 while maintaining A and B from P1 (assuming you're playing it in a cab). Alternatively, you could use external controllers and create an adaptor to remap D to A, C to B, U to d, R to L, L to R, and d to U for each stick and then play with the controllers upside-down.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
They say the left hand is like it's a whole different person!

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
I always use the 'regular' stick button layout, of course the first time that friends come over and see it running I 'accidentally' forget to tell them how the controls differ from other fighting games ;)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
So Terry, how good are you now at Buriki? Got any vids?