Bus Driver Trump

Who's first?

• In like Flynn

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Priebus PRE-BUS

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Kellyanee (Ginger and here on Gillegans ISL)

• Empty Pence

• Total voters

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Since her change in status from "inactive" to "retired" came in the middle of an investigation for participation in a family tax fraud scheme, I think it should count, but I'm marking the tangential cases as "bonus."

Bonus: Julian Assange arrested today.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Bonus: Julian Assange arrested today.

Just read it: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47891737

Mmhh... The USA has a hard on for him and well... this could end badly for him...

I read he could get 5 years but unsure if the USA wants to go Full Metal Jacket on him...

xROTx

PS. My personal view... is that I haven't read thrugh the Zillions of Documents he released... I appreciate that it wasn't great for 'murikah and I'm unsure if it put American lives at risk...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Just read it: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47891737

Mmhh... The USA has a hard on for him and well... this could end badly for him...

I read he could get 5 years but unsure if the USA wants to go Full Metal Jacket on him...

xROTx

PS. My personal view... is that I haven't read thrugh the Zillions of Documents he released... I appreciate that it wasn't great for 'murikah and I'm unsure if it put American lives at risk...

Many people want to play down the role of Assange in collaborating with cowardly criminals (Snowden, Manning, Putin/Gucifer) who removed classified information from US databases with the sole intent of destabilizing democracy in the west. It’s no surprise that following the leaks we have seen a sharp rise in populism, which cuts both ways left and right. Whether we are talking M5S, Trump, LePen, Orbán, Bolsonaro, Putin, or Netanyahu - all of them benefitted more from Assange than any of the average Joe readers gawking at emails and files like a CSPAN version of the fappening.

I don’t appreciate “not great for ‘murikah” because American leadership and stability is important for those shitty criminals and oligarchs who did this too - they want their money safe, they want their children safe, and putting both in America has been their play for decades. Unless you’re Putin and your daughters live in London. But you get the point. We don’t want to destabilize free countries.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Many people want to play down the role of Assange in collaborating with cowardly criminals (Snowden, Manning, Putin/Gucifer) who removed classified information from US databases with the sole intent of destabilizing democracy in the west. It’s no surprise that following the leaks we have seen a sharp rise in populism, which cuts both ways left and right. Whether we are talking M5S, Trump, LePen, Orbán, Bolsonaro, Putin, or Netanyahu - all of them benefitted more from Assange than any of the average Joe readers gawking at emails and files like a CSPAN version of the fappening.

I don’t appreciate “not great for ‘murikah” because American leadership and stability is important for those shitty criminals and oligarchs who did this too - they want their money safe, they want their children safe, and putting both in America has been their play for decades. Unless you’re Putin and your daughters live in London. But you get the point. We don’t want to destabilize free countries.

Essentially... what it's about is that Assange played a part (along with others) to promote a distrust towards America and Democracy...

WELL... he sure did that... I'd have to agree...

Another thing I'm sure of as well... Assange will fight his extradition through to the bitter end with endless "celebrities" bankrolling him...

xROTx

PS. Pamela Anderson :keke:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Essentially... what it's about is that Assange played a part (along with others) to promote a distrust towards America and Democracy...

By...releasing documents that have never been suggested to be fabricated or altered. The fact that they are pursuing prosecution in fact would confirm their legitimacy.

I'm not buying that you can sow distrust in American democracy by releasing documents from the very people in charge of said democracy.

Was Wikileaks used unknowingly or knowingly in a Russian campaign? Sure maybe, even probably.

In the end is it the fault of Assange, Russia, or US officials that US officials ended up looking bad?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'm surprised wasabi called Manning and Snowden criminals and now I don't know what to think.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
There has to be something more here to it than meets the eye.
That timing!

Now is when Q will strike and Obama and Hillary are going away to prision.:loco:

I find it heinous that the same people who were calling them traitors and so on were calling them heroes when they thought the info would help them win an election.

Yeah I dunno I didn't really read any of it either and it all sounds like stuff that validates what everybody should already know but its mostly that concept of the system getting punk'd like that.
Also there was process to try and contain what was released or not for various reasons. They didn't just dump everything.
Nobody ever denied that is wan't true or was altered, so that says it's real.

Most shocking is there's still been several more cases in the last few years of contractors doing the same thing. You think a lesson would have been learned here. Don't put underpaid, part time, temporary employees that know they have no future in charge of your intel database. Hey libertarians maybe this isn't a good area to scrimp in?:rolleyes:

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your...r-expected-to-plead-guilty-in-document-theft/

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/reality-winner-whistleblower-sentencing-715064/

What kind of parents name their kid Reality Winner? At least her first name isn't Bread.

There's been at least one maybe two more in the last 3 years but I can't find them now. (busy)

https://www.theverge.com/2016/11/21/13697072/obama-snowden-pardon-nsa-trump-pompeo

Obama says he can't pardon Snowden, even though he could.

"I can't pardon somebody who hasn't gone before a court and presented themselves, so that's not something that I would comment on at this point," Obama said in an interview with the German newspaper Der Spiegel and public broadcaster ARD. "I think that Mr. Snowden raised some legitimate concerns. How he did it was something that did not follow the procedures and practices of our intelligence community. If everybody took the approach that I make my own decisions about these issues, then it would be very hard to have an organized government or any kind of national security system."

"At the point at which Mr. Snowden wants to present himself before the legal authorities and make his arguments or have his lawyers make his arguments, then I think those issues come into play."

Last edited:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
The stuff they're officially going after Assange for is pretty weak. Very much oriented around producing a chilling effect. It's the sort of thing that originally popularized the "deep state" talk on the left and among libertarians before the term got hijacked.

The Avenatti indictment today was way more fun. Much funnier and nothing to feel bad about.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I'm surprised wasabi called Manning and Snowden criminals and now I don't know what to think.

The deep state got to him. They are whistleblowers and Assange is a publisher of leaked materials who is about to get fucked by the long dick of the law.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
By...releasing documents that have never been suggested to be fabricated or altered. The fact that they are pursuing prosecution in fact would confirm their legitimacy.

I'm not buying that you can sow distrust in American democracy by releasing documents from the very people in charge of said democracy.

Was Wikileaks used unknowingly or knowingly in a Russian campaign? Sure maybe, even probably.

In the end is it the fault of Assange, Russia, or US officials that US officials ended up looking bad?

Again, this plays down the leaks completely, and assumes that the effect of the leaks extends purely to your own experience as a civilian. It does not. The leaks damaged US diplomatic efforts with allies and gave the rest of a world a bargaining chip against the US. In the wake of this, other players like China and Russia gained momentum to step in. Many of the career diplomats, who the government has invested a lot of training in, have targets on their backs now, as foreign governments and groups were able to use those documents to understand how the US gathered the information. The other part is that not all the documents have been published, as the custodians were tasked by Snowden to cherry pick and retain anything that could be damaging to innocent people. The cost of developing assets in foreign nations is high enough as is, and the risks involved are beyond the standard OSHA requirements. Now, imagine that all that work gets destroyed by a 28 year old IT kid trying to impress his suspicious ballerina model GF, who was all too ready to move to Moscow with him.

Yeah, he's a criminal. And if he puts targets on US citizens, he can get fucked.

lithy

20 Year Member
Again, this plays down the leaks completely, and assumes that the effect of the leaks extends purely to your own experience as a civilian. It does not. The leaks damaged US diplomatic efforts with allies and gave the rest of a world a bargaining chip against the US. In the wake of this, other players like China and Russia gained momentum to step in. Many of the career diplomats, who the government has invested a lot of training in, have targets on their backs now, as foreign governments and groups were able to use those documents to understand how the US gathered the information. The other part is that not all the documents have been published, as the custodians were tasked by Snowden to cherry pick and retain anything that could be damaging to innocent people. The cost of developing assets in foreign nations is high enough as is, and the risks involved are beyond the standard OSHA requirements. Now, imagine that all that work gets destroyed by a 28 year old IT kid trying to impress his suspicious ballerina model GF, who was all too ready to move to Moscow with him.

Yeah, he's a criminal. And if he puts targets on US citizens, he can get fucked.

So the US is disingenuous in its diplomacy and you want me to feel sorry for them? How else could the release of documents damage a relationship with an ally?

What you are talking about is not developing a relationship with a foreign country. You're talking about intelligence gathering, counter intel, espionage, and an effort by the US to continue to be world policeman. Are these the sorts of things that the American citizenry even wants?

I don't know, I just can't care about a little less secrecy from the government and a little more fear from their 'foreign assets'.

Who are we kidding though, the NSA/FBI/CIA/State Dept. are doing just as much silly stuff today as 10 years ago, probably more, they're just mad they got their pants pulled down once.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You're talking about intelligence gathering, counter intel, espionage, and an effort by the US to continue to be world policeman. Are these the sorts of things that the American citizenry even wants?

What the American citizenry wants? That's probably purely populist and counter-productive to national security and economic growth. :rolleyes:

This may not be something you care for, but it's something that the world needs, and has needed for a long time. In the absence of this, we are seeing China take over as world police, and it's not pretty. Trump has no interest in protecting south americans and africans from seeing China seize their public utilities and edge out Americans from any economic investment in those regions. If you consider that America dropped two nuclear weapons on Japan to avoid seeing a spheres of influence situation in Asia, then we have currently seen those efforts wasted. At the same time, putting lives of innocent people at risk simply to impress his red sparrow GF, Snowden is a moron, a traitor, and now is stuck in his Russian prison.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Yeah I doubt Trump read anymore than a paragraph of that. I'm sure he asked several people their opinions of it. Hell even I can't make it out, is he taking a swipe at him? Maybe there's some sort of code in it where if you use every eighth word.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yeah I doubt Trump read anymore than a paragraph of that. I'm he asked several several people their opinions of it. Hell even I can't it out, is he taking a swipe at him? Maybe there's some sort of code in it where if you use every eighth word.

he went out of his way to quote John Ashcroft, whose defining role in American history was the forced passage of the Patriot Act. But don't forget his zeal in persecuting Al-Kidd, Tommy Chong, and torturing anyone who was Muslim.

Is it any surprise that he died so miserably? As if God took a shit on him for abusing his gifts.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Yeah I doubt Trump read anymore than a paragraph of that. I'm he asked several several people their opinions of it. Hell even I can't it out, is he taking a swipe at him? Maybe there's some sort of code in it where if you use every eighth word.

I think Rod's story is the same as a lot of the stories that have come out of the White House. He was a dork and a loyalist, at least to the Republican Party, who tried to protect Trump. The problem is he tried to protect Trump from himself, which is what eventually sends these people packing. The president doesn't want to be protected. He wants to be obeyed. If there's trouble, you'll get your chance to protect him as a human shield.

lithy

20 Year Member
Last edited:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
You guys laugh but I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with "eighth."

lithy

20 Year Member
hanberders

I thought it was hamberders? He got the ham part right!

Also, in my zeal to quote stuff, I quoted 'eighth' which is actually spelled correctly, but always looks wrong to me.

This post also says hi to poppy. Hi!