Buying a new handgun what should I get?

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
I'm looking for a nice conceal but something fun to take out plinking too. It's been a while since I've bought anything not rifle related, I'm leaning towards a glock 26. Any suggestions?

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Great topic, I'm in the market too. Right now I'm considering a 92FS. Looking forward to what others have to say.

Speed3

Marked Wolf
I'm a huge Sig fanboy so I gotta vote 228/229 in 9mm. But I'm a mid frame 9mm kinda guy. You're looking at a Baby Glock in 9mm great round especially if you want to plink a little but man that's a small package.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm a huge Sig fanboy so I gotta vote 228/229 in 9mm. But I'm a mid frame 9mm kinda guy. You're looking at a Baby Glock in 9mm great round especially if you want to plink a little but man that's a small package.

Sig is better for concealing as far as 9 mm goes. But the best is smaller, because you should never shoot anything that has eyes on you.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor

This is true I'm going to the range this week to try out a few things, I'll throw the Sig 228 on that list. I always liked SIG's but always got the impression they were a bit overpriced.

Speed3

Marked Wolf
I wouldn't really want to carry anything smaller than 9mm for a self defense round. There a a lot of people who claim that 9mm is not enough but I think they just don't know the value of quick follow up shots without a whole lot of muzzle rise.

I did carry a FN FiveseveN for a while but it's not really practical, 20rd mags were nice but it's a huge over penetrator and the full frame didn't conceal well at all.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Great topic, I'm in the market too. Right now I'm considering a 92FS. Looking forward to what others have to say.

92FS is pretty good , my dad just bought one not too long ago and we took it to the range a few times. Reliable for the time we used it, but the frame is not really practical for concealed carry. If you're not used to wearing a tool belt or something, you'll notice the weight difference quick.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Why? Are you going into the woods with bears?

Actually yeh half of my time is spent up on the very rural parts of the Virginia mountains. Bears in the backyard and on walks is a normal occurrence. My parents have a snapped bird feeder in the backyard now from one of those bastards.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I guess it really depends on what you consider "concealed". I have an airweight .38 +P S&W J frame that's great for CC. For semi autos, I'm a Sprinfield guy. I have a 9mm sub compact XD and 4.5" XDm that I love. I've heard that the new XDS is a nice CC single stack but I haven't had a chance to shoot one.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
92FS is pretty good , my dad just bought one not too long ago and we took it to the range a few times. Reliable for the time we used it, but the frame is not really practical for concealed carry. If you're not used to wearing a tool belt or something, you'll notice the weight difference quick.

Agreed. Love my 92FS but it's definitely not a conceal gun, IMO.

Ive got a Ruger SR22 that I use when I do carry. It's a small piece and "looks" mean, but is still a 22.

hqdefault.jpg

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
I carry the S&W shield and I like it. Capacity could be higher, but 8+1 is decent. I also carry, from time to time, my Beretta PX4. I've put a ton of rounds through that and would trust my life with it.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
That's a sexy gun for sure.

Love it. And the teeny tiny picatinny rail is just there in case you wanna slap somethin' on it, haha. I think I have like 7 mags for this thing. I love plinking with it.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
PB9151LP_1200x782.png

If you don't own one yet. This is all you need.